Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭KK36

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Well done Conahy made up for last year dissapointment, great heart fight by the two teams.

Great heart is right. Conahy have shown that in the QF, SF and final. Conahy got the goals and they were vital. Quiet and all as James Bergin was he still scored two vital goals. The Conahy backs were brilliant especially Callanan and Liam Cass. Kieran Mooney once again just oozed class. The Conahy subs worked well too with Darragh Dooley and Alan Healy contributing well.

Dicksboro will be sick after driving so many wides. They had nearly 50 shots at the goal in total. I thought Padraig Moylan was a colossus at centre back. A fine young hurler. Aaron Murphy and Davy Ryan looked dangerous too but they didn't get enough out of a couple of big players like Eoin Fennelly and Joe Sheehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Suprised to hear we played Waterford last sunday in a challenge.We generally dont play practice matches against competingteams it's nearly always AvB .Dj was giving a few interviews.He was saying adrian mullen should hopefully see game time for us.He is doing most of the training just not participating in the matches.It would be some recovery if he got back in October/November time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

brookville wrote: »
    Suprised to hear we played Waterford last sunday in a challenge.We generally dont play practice matches against competingteams it's nearly always AvB .Dj was giving a few interviews.He was saying adrian mullen should hopefully see game time for us.He is doing most of the training just not participating in the matches.It would be some recovery if he got back in October/November time.

Any word on challenge match?

Alot of counties getting in challenge matches.We beat clare last weekend.its a long time since we scored 5 goals in a game but eoin cody got a few goals and also hurled well against Waterford the previous week.its hard to read much into these matches but eoin cody should push hard for a starting spot in a few weeks time if things go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭therealdonster

Alot of counties getting in challenge matches.We beat clare last weekend.its a long time since we scored 5 goals in a game but eoin cody got a few goals and also hurled well against Waterford the previous week.its hard to read much into these matches but eoin cody should push hard for a starting spot in a few weeks time if things go ahead.

Didn't Tony Holohan say that the senior championships would go ahead, even in a L5 scenario as it was regarded as elite sport? But the U20 and minor would be cancelled in same L5 situation? I know events may take over here but we have to assume at this stage that it will go ahead.

Thanks for the info Brookville. Any chance of more detail on the team, make up of panel, who has been dropped to whittle panel down to the mandated 32 etc?

I think Clare may struggle in this campaign with a number of significant injuries and absences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭blackcard

Didn't Tony Holohan say that the senior championships would go ahead, even in a L5 scenario as it was regarded as elite sport? But the U20 and minor would be cancelled in same L5 situation? I know events may take over here but we have to assume at this stage that it will go ahead.

Thanks for the info Brookville. Any chance of more detail on the team, make up of panel, who has been dropped to whittle panel down to the mandated 32 etc?

I think Clare may struggle in this campaign with a number of significant injuries and absences.

I heard the names of 12 people that started
    E Murphy
    Tommy Walsh
    Huw Lawlor
    Ciaran Wallace
    ???
    Paddy Deegan
    Conor Delaney
    ???
    Conor Fogarty
    Billy Ryan
    TJ
    Richie Leahy
    ???
    Colin Fennelly
    Eoin Cody

Cody and TJ supposed to have done well

Conor Delaney

You are missing padraig,richie reid and wally.Cillian buckley could be under pressure to get back for the first round after picking up a hand injury in the county final.
    If the two practice games are anything to go by Padraig could be going back to his number 5 with deegan at 6.Tommy,wallace,darren mullen and Delaney will put pressure on last years backs.
    I would like to see Liam blanchfield given a run this year and eoin cody will give us a scoring threat.Billy Ryan got a great taste of it last year and gives us a bit of pace.hopefully donnelly can stay improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

The gaa website has has our match against Laois or Dublin down for Sat 31st at 15.45 on GaaGo. No experience with GaaGo but I assume there will be a charge to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭kksaints

The gaa website has has our match against Laois or Dublin down for Sat 31st at 15.45 on GaaGo. No experience with GaaGo but I assume there will be a charge to watch it

The matches this week are €5 but according to the link below it will be €10 for provincial matches. This might change in the next few weeks as I think the link below is from pre-covid times.

https://support.gaago.ie/support/solutions/articles/77000034293-how-much-does-gaago-cost-

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Give yourself some time as the gaago media player leaves a lot to be desired and can be tricky w/live matches. I stream to a chromecast device although it's listed as not supported. The county streaming this summer was superior to gaago.
    + If you're having trouble getting it to cast try reloading the page or clearing the cache on the browser you're using.
    + Beware: sometimes if you tune into a live game late & manage to rewind it, say ten minutes, with ten left to play your stream will automatically switch to the end which can be hugely frustrating during a close match.
    + recently I'll load the game and the prerecorded 'content beginning shortly' will play w/a podcast in the background. then it keeps going past the time the show or match should've started. I reload the page & stop + start casting and the match or pre-match commentary is playing.
    Definitely frustrating at times but it's the only option other than radio if you live outside the ROI & better than nothing.
    Good luck with GAAGO*
    * They were talking about an upcoming GAAGO specific app a few months ago. not sure if any progress has been made.

This summer really showed what is possible. I hope clubs continue to stream once crowds are back though I doubt they had many international viewers.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement

Hopefully now the gaa will be able to continue with the announcement.
    On ourselves I'm hoping we can have a good season. I wonder will no crowd have an affect on some teams who often help get them over the line.It will be same for all teams so we will have to get used to it.
    On ourselves going by the league and more recently the few challenge games wallace has being there all year and will probably take one of the corner spots.he is a tidy defender and was improving during the league.Id like us to try find a position for darren mullen somewhere in defence.Tommy walsh could also be an option.
    Deegan is shaping up to be our 6 and Padraig at five and maybe delaney at 7.Buckley could be out injured.
    Midfield has being our most troublesome position I feel and we have chopped and changed this alot over the last few years.Richie reid has being trailed here recently.
    Donnelly and tj in the half foward line.I dunno if they will use hogan as an impact sub but unlikely a 70 min man now.Wally blows hot and cold as does leahy.Adrian mullen unlikely to see early action.Mossy had a good club campaign.
    Billy ryan and eoin cody could be two dangerous corner fowards and both know how to score and are better closer to the goal.Colin has really tidied up his touch and striking over the last two years and on his day is nearly unremarkable.Blanchfield has improved.Aylward hurled well for glenmore.James bergin was good for conahy.
    I think we're not in a bad position going into this championship we have some very good hurlers.This is going to be an unusual championship in greasy conditions in empty stadiums we could have a few surprises along the way.

Just see eoin bergin from ballyragget who was a county minor in 2012 has passed away.Devasting news.rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Village87

Just see eoin bergin from ballyragget who was a county minor in 2012 has passed away.Devasting news.rest in peace

Excellent club forward the last 8/9 years. St Patricks have a lovely spread of forwards, on his day he would be one of the main man.

Hopefully now the gaa will be able to continue with the announcement.
    On ourselves I'm hoping we can have a good season. I wonder will no crowd have an affect on some teams who often help get them over the line.It will be same for all teams so we will have to get used to it.
    On ourselves going by the league and more recently the few challenge games wallace has being there all year and will probably take one of the corner spots.he is a tidy defender and was improving during the league.Id like us to try find a position for darren mullen somewhere in defence.Tommy walsh could also be an option.
    Deegan is shaping up to be our 6 and Padraig at five and maybe delaney at 7.Buckley could be out injured.
    Midfield has being our most troublesome position I feel and we have chopped and changed this alot over the last few years.Richie reid has being trailed here recently.
    Donnelly and tj in the half foward line.I dunno if they will use hogan as an impact sub but unlikely a 70 min man now.Wally blows hot and cold as does leahy.Adrian mullen unlikely to see early action.Mossy had a good club campaign.
    Billy ryan and eoin cody could be two dangerous corner fowards and both know how to score and are better closer to the goal.Colin has really tidied up his touch and striking over the last two years and on his day is nearly unremarkable.Blanchfield has improved.Aylward hurled well for glenmore.James bergin was good for conahy.
    I think we're not in a bad position going into this championship we have some very good hurlers.This is going to be an unusual championship in greasy conditions in empty stadiums we could have a few surprises along the way.

Definitely time for Richie Leahy to find consistent form before his time passes. He was one of few if not the only one who impressed me during his last outing w/his club. Little rusty but workrate was 2nd to none.
    J. Donnelly has to be there. I really like this kid & see a bright future if he wants it & stays injury free. Darren Mullin has to stop w/the persistent fouling and stupid frees but he definitely improved in that respect from the quarter/semi's to a much better final performance.
    Roll on the 31st!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    J. Donnelly has to be there. I really like this kid & see a bright future if he wants it & stays injury free.

Was excellent in last years final as well which kind of got overlooked because of the result. Was the best player on the field in the first 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

A powerful hurler , No mention of this on the official kilkenny gaa site, you would think there would be some acknowledgement for someone that played for kilkenny only a few years ago, rest in peace eoin bergin

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Was excellent in last years final as well which kind of got overlooked because of the result. Was the best player on the field in the first 20 mins.

Couldn't agree more. He was a part of nearly everything early on & had a solid overall performance. Humble kid too it seems. Himself & Adrian will be a formidable pair w/some good talent around them too. Happy with the prospects throughout the pitch. can't wait for some overdue action.

RIP Eoin Bergin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Takeyourpoints

kk1970 wrote: »
    A powerful hurler , No mention of this on the official kilkenny gaa site, you would think there would be some acknowledgement for someone that played for kilkenny only a few years ago, rest in peace eoin bergin

Completely agree, it's very disappointing that they haven't made any reference to him. A man who was known by most Kilkenny club hurling fans and a gentleman off the pitch by all reports. Even more so now when there is no club hurling and there won't be a minutes silence for him to pay respects.

I don't know the full story surrounding this, but you have to worry about some people during this time. Being locked up without seeing friends and not being able to go for a few sociable ones or to spend time with their friends for such an extended period, it has seriously adverse effects. We all know that this virus is serious but I really do fear for mental health in this situation. In young men this can leave long lasting issues.

It's times like this that the GAA and all clubs and counties need to remind players that there are people they can talk to if they are feeling down. I'd like to see the GAA bring more proactive in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Jimmy Walsh and a couple more from Nowlan park were out with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

Very sad news about Bergin. Condolences to his family and the GAA community in Ballyragget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

So tis Dublin then, no massive surprise there a few nice forwards that will take watching. Hopefully we can exploit their back lines

So tis Dublin then, no massive surprise there a few nice forwards that will take watching. Hopefully we can exploit their back lines

Good win for dublin tonight and a bit of revenge on last years defeat.high scoring and a run out in croke park will please kenny.They also could introduce liam rushe,trollier Dillon and shane barrett at the end Donal burke was very good and crummey brings strength and physicality to the attack.This is a big year for matty kenny he needs to make a leinster final to make progress.
    We can only worry bout ourselves.id be happier going to croke park than going to Parnell park.That match tonight will help dublin it's being a long time since we played competitively.
    Attention will turn to our team selection recent challenge matches have went well but I wouldnt read much into them.
    I would like to see something new around midfield.

Conor Browne and R Reid midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Anyone want to take a stab at an expected team?

Anyone want to take a stab at an expected team?

Think my club tinted glasses are still on. I rarely get it right if I base my guesses
    on club comps. & after watching more club matches than ever. I would enjoy getting a look @ the midfield duo mentioned previously. Without knowing injuries makes it tough.
    1 Murphy
    3 Lawler
    4 Holden
    5 P. Walsh
    6. P. Deagan
    7 Delaney/Brassil
    8 Brown
    9 Reid/?
    10 J. Donnelly
    11 TJ
    12 Leahy/ E.Cody
    13. B. Ryan
    14 Colin Fen
    15 Wally

T Walsh
    Darren Mullin
    ?
    Or some mishmash that's not too far off the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Looks like our game next week not on tv? Wexford Galway on RTE and Cork Waterford on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

Is Brassil in the running to start? Fine hurler but don't think he's anywhere near ready for this. But he is from the village and so must have a good chance.
    Would Wallace from Comer be good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

minty81 wrote: »
    Looks like our game next week not on tv? Wexford Galway on RTE and Cork Waterford on Sky

GAA Go I think

I think Wallace will start with either Joey or Mullen in the other corner

GAA Go I think

I think Wallace will start with either Joey or Mullen in the other corner

Wallace at 4 and T Walsh at 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭larrya

On club form Joey Holden should be starting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement