Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Grats wrote: »
    They should have used their strong link to police the fixture better.

I don't believe the story. It's just another bull**** rumour that people around here swallow all too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Senior Semi Final Draw:

James Stephens v Shamrocks
    O'Loughlins v Dicksboro

Intermediate Semi Final Draw:

Glenmore v Lisdowney
    Thomastown v Freshford

Junior Quarter Final Draw:

James Stephens v Dicksboro
    Mooncoin v Conahy Shamrocks
    Tullogher Rosbercon v Emeralds
    Piltown v Black & Whites

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Senior Semi Final Draw:

O'Loughlins v Dicksboro

Glenmore v Lisdowney
    Thomastown v Freshford

Piltown v Black & Whites
    Think everyone bar the Village will be happy with that senior draw. I'm predicting a Boro Shamrocks final, very hard to look past the latter to win it out going on recent form.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭KK36

Unbelievable fixtures planning for next weekend. Both relegation finals on at the same time and all four junior games on Sunday at the same time. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

KK36 wrote: »
    Unbelievable fixtures planning for next weekend. Both relegation finals on at the same time and all four junior games on Sunday at the same time. Unreal

Shur yaa cant go to watch them ……

;):D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Truth be told1974

You do realise you cannot attend matches..?

Senior Semi Final Draw:

O'Loughlins v Dicksboro

Glenmore v Lisdowney
    Thomastown v Freshford

Piltown v Black & Whites

The Intermediate championship is very strange, looks like Thomastown's to lose but would you have 100% faith in them?

The other three contenders all look like they would struggle at Senior if they went up?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭KK36

greenspurs wrote: »
    Shur yaa cant go to watch them ……

;):D

Can’t go but you can watch them

You do realise you cannot attend matches..?
    Can’t go but you can watch them

One club were charging at the gate...

Youre not supposed to ….. but you can.

Garyp88 wrote: »
    4th goal definitely too many steps, bolger should also have goaled. Colin running riot but Clara too slow at the back and hitting endless passes in there own half to no one

The Shamrocks went from 'Blitzkreig' to trench warfare in the first half and I thought their game plan was very loose once they had torched Clara, they still allow the opposition a lot of room, a lot of chances and a better midfield and attack (i.e. the other three semi-finalists) would have made better use of that possesion?

The problem for teams playing the Shamrocks is how to keep them on the lease and constrain them, long enough to 'hurt' them on the scoreboard. The Shamrocks are also very inconsistent in how they are creating & taking scores, one minute it's sublime, the next it's erratic shooting from the same players that always seem to have one or two bad wides every match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kk.man

The Shamrocks went from 'Blitzkreig' to trench warfare in the first half and I thought their game plan was very loose once they had torched Clara, they still allow the opposition a lot of room, a lot of chances and a better midfield and attack (i.e. the other three semi-finalists) would have made better use of that possesion?

The problem for teams playing the Shamrocks is how to keep them on the lease and constrain them, long enough to 'hurt' them on the scoreboard. The Shamrocks are also very inconsistent in how they are creating & taking scores, one minute it's sublime, the next it's erratic shooting from the same players that always seem to have one or two bad wides every match.

They are some outfit all the same. I thought this year they might step off the gas but it's better they are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

There is no club team defense in Ireland at present that could contain TJ Reid, Colin Fennelly, Eoin Reid, Eoin Cody and a fit Adrian Mullen when they ramp up full championship speed.

Some inter county defenses would struggle with the above FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Yesterdays game was over after ten minutes.i thought clara would of put some sort of sweeper in place and try keep it tight for as long as possible.fennelly left isolated inside and a complete mis match size wise with Galvin.
    Cheddar will put a sweeper in place for the village but you would expect the shamrocks to prevail.
    They have tweaked things evan shefflin further up and darragh Corcoran has great pace and isnt afraid to get foward.Darren mullen will hopefully see plenty of time with the county over the next few years.
    Good to hear adrian is ahead in his recovery hopefully we will have him back later

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Two exciting senior semi finals ahead on Saturday

Think the first one could be a cracker, Dicksboro are a great price with bookies in my opinion, they’ve arguably been the form team over the whole championship! Will be nothing between them!

Be interesting to see how Village approach the second game, they didn’t really stick or twist in county final last year, heard yesterday 3 of their starters from Sunday are out Scanlon, Kenny and another? Would be huge losses for them

I agree that the boro are a good price and that one should be tight.The boro have tweaked a few things.oillie walsh is hurling well in the half back line along with Buckley.Aidan nolan brings a bit of strength to the fowards.
    If they village are missing a few key players they are a in big trouble.cian kenny looks a very good prospect.He plays with freedom.Just looking at the village team it's a young side.No longer is larkin and jackie the backbone of this team.larkin only came on near the end against vegas.
    Cheddar will hopefully keep this tight at the back and hopefully they make a good game out of it.Boths games on rte Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

The way cian Kenny plays reminds me of Tony Kelly a good stickman and a good eye for a pass I think the future looks bright for him and browne

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

I see both Cody and Carey were spectators at the Clara and shamrocks game on Sunday giving there is no spectators allowed at game's. Does this put them in the same boat as Phil Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

chg1980 wrote: »
    I see both Cody and Carey were spectators at the Clara and shamrocks game on Sunday giving there is no spectators allowed at game's. Does this put them in the same boat as Phil Hogan
    its a bad look when members of both clubs can’t get in. It makes the county managers look like they think they’re something special. Happening in a few counties

ive been to juvenile games, and theres more than mentors and 1 parent of each child at them !

imo, anyone going to these games are right.

• Advertisement

chg1980 wrote: »

I'd say most county managers are attending matches weather it's right or wrong.Liam cahill was at the waterford final.They were showing the galway semi finals on tg4 monday night and the galway manager Shane o neill was in the stand.Davie fitz was at the wexford final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

brookville wrote: »
    I'd say most county managers are attending matches weather it's right or wrong.Liam cahill was at the waterford final.They were showing the galway semi finals on tg4 monday night and the galway manager Shane o neill was in the stand.Davie fitz was at the wexford final.
    There's probably passes county board officials get and they're availing of the same, restrictions are a nonsense anyway still waiting for this empirical evidence from NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

kksaints wrote: »
    Their football championship starts the week after that, I don't expect too many of their inter county hurlers will be playing football after the first week or so. Although depending on the covid case numbers trend, it might have been a good idea to have run it off as quickly as possible.
    We used 34 players in the Walsh cup and league pre lockdown and of those 30 have played football with their clubs the last 2 or 3 weekends, those that didn't Shaun Murphy ( Oulart don't play adult football), Liam Ryan ( injured and as big a loss to his club in football as in hurling), Cathal Dunbar ( was carrying an injury in the hurling final) and Andrew Shore.

Alot of the hurlers are actually key men for their clubs in football. Chin and Liam Og McGovern were both in the football panel around 2011-2013 Simon Donohoe was a starter on the football team in 2015 and 2016 while Rory O'Connor, Liam Ryan,Matthew O'Hanlon, Diarmuid O'Keeffe,Aidan Nolan and Mark Fanning (playing outfield) would all also be good enough to be on the football county panel.

Sorry for going off topic on a Kilkenny thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Village87

Very good first half in nowlan park between the 2 city clubs. Dicksboro moving well but OLG very sticky and dogged. Will go to the wire. Buckley on a lot of ball the first 15 mins but Eoin o Shea is giving him loads of problems the last 15 mins in the first half, he turned him once and left Buckley for dead. Bill Sheehan looks lively. Huh Lawlor scored a great point at an important stage of 1st half

As a neutral watching from Cork I’m loving these games. Class stuff

Few class young players on show

Have the admire the guts James Stephens are showing here

Like this Odwyer lad corner forward, what’s his story lads? Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

The Village brutally unlucky there, poor stuff from Conor Browne to handle the ball on the ground for the free. And Niall Brassil wasted so much possession.

A real opportunity wasted, as they hurled great and the Shamrocks were sluggish enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The Village brutally unlucky there, absolutely braindead stuff from Conor Browne to handle the ball on the ground for the free. And Niall Brassil wasted so much possession.

A real opportunity wasted, as they hurled great and the Shamrocks were sluggish enough.

Jst was fouled on the way out prior to that ruck, blatant enough

Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

The Village brutally unlucky there, absolutely braindead stuff from Conor Browne to handle the ball on the ground for the free. And Niall Brassil wasted so much possession.

Two young corner forwards for James Stephens hurled their hearts out, Matthew Ruth aswel. Conor Browne hurled well but he fell apart in the last 10mins, hit two silly wides and then the free on the ground.

Colin Fennelly is some unit full forward very hard to stop.

Should be a good final.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That was a great day of hurling. As a boro fan you'd worry that today looked like the chance to bate shamrocks and the chance was missed.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed those games. Unlucky on James Stephens , thought they nearly deserved it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement