Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Yeah, not a good look, there must be nearly a hundred people on the far side on top of one another.

Didn't look great at all. I know its crappy that we are not meant to go to matches with the public health measures in place but if you can/or do get in somehow, at the very least don't gather on top of each other in large groups and make it obvious. The stewards allowing that to happen (there was a number of lads in the hi-vis near the group closest to the goal) also is a poor look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Grats

Wouldn't we all love to be at the matches but we're obeying the rules for health reasons. But some people just don't get it. Let's see what the County board response is. Firstly, supporters shouldn't be turning up, and if they do, they should be refused entry. The host club need reminding. Nphet were ahead of the GAA in observing what was going on and acted. Now the GAA must see what's going on and must act.

As a Boro man I normally try to keep my Boro contributions as neutral as I'm able too but I have to say that was some performance by the Boro. To win by 3-27 to 2-14 was some going. I know the Bridge weren't amazing and were poor the last day against GBC but I think the desire, power and running the Boro brought to the game just blew them away. The Boro have a very strong bench as well and they got at least 5 points from the bench in the second half. I don't think any team will be happy to see themselves drawn against the Boro for the semi final.

For a team with supposedly poor forwards they've been doing ok.
    3-21 from play today.
    1-12 out of 1-20 after ET against OLG in League Final
    2-10 out of 3-19 against Erins Own
    0-17 out of 0-24 against GBC
    2-10 out of 2-16 against the Rower

Liam Moore has confirmed what most in the Boro knew for a while that he is a class player. His first match at senior against GBC scored 0-2 from play coming on with 20 mins left. 1-1 against Comer from the bench. First start at senior scored 0-1 against O'Loughlins in the League Final and today scored 1-2 and looks to only be getting more comfortable. No doubt there will be tough days ahead where he will struggle but give him another few years and I could see him punishing intercounty teams in championship matches. He's only 18 (I think could be 19) but is already a big size but graceful and skilful has a great head on his shoulders.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the weekends games at my leisure now.

Boro continue to show great form and should be full of confidence going forward. For all of the Bridge's shortcomings, Boro goalkeeper had to be called into action on a number of occasions. In so doing, he made amends for some dreadful puckouts. Sound keeper generally.

O'Loughlins seem to move slicker than the Boro at times with great movement and bank up. Some fine strong direct players.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

We can talk about politicians doing whatever they like and not following guidelines but what went on there today at that match while it might be mild is still a kick
    in the behind to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Neewollah

Boro impressively efficient today. The Bridge making too many basic mistakes to compete with the best. Been disappointing since run to the county final. That being said they did open up a lot of goal chances and no way would the likes of Ballyhale miss those opportunities.

Boro going nicely and very consistent but need to close those gaps at the back. Great pace and understanding in their forward line.

Loughs dug it out against Comer and will take beating too.

Great comeback from the Rower in 2nd half today with very entertaining period of extra time. Danefort and GBC could go anyway.

• Advertisement

benji79 wrote: »
    We can talk about politicians doing whatever they like and not following guidelines but what went on there today at that match while it might be mild is still a kick
    in the behind to the rest of us.

Most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Not a face mask or social distancing lads can not spread out they must not have had any stewards where does contact tracing start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

Relegation game being streamed on YouTube. Rower vs Ballycallan. The bank on opposite side of camera has approx 60-70 spectators, how is that allowed?

C'mon, can we lighten up and not just say good luck to them? It's no more than 30 or 40 people, all out in the fresh air. Yes, they managed to sneak past the "covid officers" but like I say, good luck to them.
    Is it any wonder people are getting fed up with the constantly changing guidelines? Irish health officials here keep congratulating themselves, and the public, on the great job they're doing. And what's the reward? 200 spectators at outdoor sporting events, now reduced to zero.
    Meanwhile the UK, which is always being held up as a basket case, is getting ready to allow 20000 spectators into Twickenham next month.
    NPHET et al need to start treating us like adults.

C'mon, can we lighten up and not just say good luck to them? It's no more than 30 or 40 people, all out in the fresh air. Yes, they managed to sneak past the "covid officers" but like I say, good luck to them.
    Is it any wonder people are getting fed up with the constantly changing guidelines? Irish health officials here keep congratulating themselves, and the public, on the great job they're doing. And what's the reward? 200 spectators at outdoor sporting events, now reduced to zero.
    Meanwhile the UK, which is always being held up as a basket case, is getting ready to allow 20000 spectators into Twickenham next month.

Are you intelligent.

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Are you intelligent.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

Apparently the guards arrived in o'loughlins today and took videos and pictures of the crowd heard there was at least a hundred at it... Big kick in the teeth to the people who are sitting at home watching games

chg1980 wrote: »
    Apparently the guards arrived in o'loughlins today and took videos and pictures of the crowd heard there was at least a hundred at it... Big kick in the teeth to the people who are sitting at home watching games

Hope so but it's really the County board that should be interrogated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭brookville

As a Boro man I normally try to keep my Boro contributions as neutral as I'm able too but I have to say that was some performance by the Boro. To win by 3-27 to 2-14 was some going. I know the Bridge weren't amazing and were poor the last day against GBC but I think the desire, power and running the Boro brought to the game just blew them away. The Boro have a very strong bench as well and they got at least 5 points from the bench in the second half. I don't think any team will be happy to see themselves drawn against the Boro for the semi final.

For a team with supposedly poor forwards they've been doing ok.
    3-21 from play today.
    1-12 out of 1-20 after ET against OLG in League Final
    2-10 out of 3-19 against Erins Own
    0-17 out of 0-24 against GBC
    2-10 out of 2-16 against the Rower

Liam Moore has confirmed what most in the Boro knew for a while that he is a class player. His first match at senior against GBC scored 0-2 from play coming on with 20 mins left. 1-1 against Comer from the bench. First start at senior scored 0-1 against O'Loughlins in the League Final and today scored 1-2 and looks to only be getting more comfortable. No doubt there will be tough days ahead where he will struggle but give him another few years and I could see him punishing intercounty teams in championship matches. He's only 18 (I think could be 19) but is already a big size but graceful and skilful has a great head on his shoulders.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the weekends games at my leisure now.

The boro look to have a really good panel now.Lads like conor doheny on the bench?has he being injured or was he away or not able to make the team?
    The switch of oillie walsh back has being a major plus.he gave a few great deliveries today.Cillian is hurling with freedom again and that half back line is a good springboard.
    The bridge threw the towel in during the second half and have being dissapointing the last few years.They did score 2-14 today which isnt bad scoring and also had a few chances.
    Loughlins had a deserved win over comer.lawlor and deegan very good.Bergin still very important but they had a good spread of scorers.Conor delaney was good for comer.i thought comer would of put up a better show but once they conceded the two goals and had to go chasing it was always going to be difficult.
    Fair play to the rower after last weeks performance they really dug in.Joyce going to full back shored up things and jim ryan was a big help today.A few great goals scored today.Billy gave his brother sean a ball that he put away very well.Billy scored a penalty.
    Tullaron were always in control and Padraig was at 11 today and was causing murphy trouble.Danesfort missing richie and cathal o neill.Danesfort will need richie fit the next day.
    Shamrocks ballyhale match is on tg4.clara wont fear them but you would expect the shamrocks to get the job done.
    The village should have cian Kenny,brassil and all the others that were missing for the shield final against Vegas who should be on a high from the win the last day.i would expect the village to get through here but vegas have a good spine.mick malone has being excellent the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

chg1980 wrote: »

I'd seriously doubt that. There's a strong link between the Garda and the loughs. One of their last year's selectors is a member of the force. Brian Murphy, former Garda, is chairman.

citykat wrote: »
    I'd seriously doubt that. There's a strong link between the Garda and the loughs. One of their last year's selectors is a member of the force. Brian Murphy, former Garda, is chairman.

They should have used their strong link to police the fixture better.

Spectators at carrickshock game too. How did people decide this weekend in Kilkenny they were going to attend games?

I’ve no problem people going if it’s the same for everyone. I think crowds up to 500 should be allowed. What bugs me is there are people staying at home but the people yesterday get to go. To me that’s just not fair, what makes those people more important that other club members all over the country? It’s a real lack of respect. Not many of us agree with the restrictions but we’ll make the effort to follow them in the hope of them being removed. The photos from yesterday won’t help in getting things back on track, it just paints a picture that GAA members can’t be trusted to follow guidelines

Plus where are you getting 30-40 people from? It’s significantly more thh hug an that

citykat wrote: »

So what your saying is when they have buddies in the station they keep away from your patch its a pity they did not use them yesterday when the club could not police . A lot of people must be getting the same idea as big phil arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

I see from the Mullinavat Instagram that RTE are showing the 2 Kilkenny semi finals next Saturday from 2.45pm, anyone know is this correct?
    Checked the guide on the sky box & it's showing normal programming at this time & the Saturday GAA program is starting at 5.10pm with a double header from the Limerick hurling championship

robwen wrote: »
    I see from the Mullinavat Instagram that RTE are showing the 2 Kilkenny semi finals next Saturday from 2.45pm, anyone know is this correct?
    Checked the guide on the sky box & it's showing normal programming at this time & the Saturday GAA program is starting at 5.10pm with a double header from the Limerick hurling championship

They are being televised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Grats wrote: »
    They are being televised.
    i was watching the end of the coverage last night of the Tyrone semi finals on RTE and a graphic appeared saying kilkenny semi finals live next Saturday with coverage starting at 2.45

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

That’s what I thought too, there’s a group of nearly 20 on top of each other. I couldn’t care less about people going but looks crap when others are at home today trying to watch their own clubs on streaming. It seems unfair

The other concern is health officials seeing that type of thing on a few different streams and just saying, "well we tried but if you can't police yourselves and enforce what are simple enough restrictions then what is happening elsewhere?" soon enough they're shutting seasons down or using the images or assumptions of an irresponsible fanbase when considering plans for the inter county season.

Some grit showed by the Rower yesterday. Great 2nd half + extra time. Richie L. was very good & worked his sox off. Got a better hand on him than I had given him credit for.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some start by the Shamrocks. 3 goals in the first 5 minutes.

Edit: And now 4 in eight

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

kksaints wrote: »

4th goal definitely too many steps, bolger should also have goaled. Colin running riot but Clara too slow at the back and hitting endless passes in there own half to no one

kksaints wrote: »

I'm a Shamrocks fan but was hoping for a more competitive game. hopefully a better 2nd half. TJ's one handed strike was impressive. Not just a hope & hit either, he placed that sliotar where he wanted.

Have BH been dropping their intensity according to the opposition or scoreline or are teams coming to terms with the blitzes & big leads? I'm not familiar enough w/the level of all the club teams to accurately judge either way. just my impression but difficult to tell w/a team like BH w/an endless supply of weapons.
    I guess the main reason I ask is because I never believed lowering your standard/intensity based on opposition or scoreline is something that should ever be encouraged in Senior club or any IC competition. You never want that to creep in to a players mindset. Develop & stick w/you plan. Easier to keep that attitude than to attempt to constantly adjusting, raising & lowering the bar. Just my thoughts. I don't include the complete embarrassing of a team(especially a youth team) like occurred recently in an U14(?) match won by 50+ pts IIRC.

Great knowing KK have a keeper like Dean Mason waiting in the wings. Will be some huge boots to fill when the time comes but the young Mason is a class keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭conor05

Darren Mullen is a fantastic defender. Never gives an aimless pass out of defence.

Can see him starting corner back for Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

The covid break seems to have really benefited the Shamrocks I thought all the hurling they've done last few years would of caught up with them this year if it had been normal year. Could see Darren Mullen & Eoin Cody pushing for starting spots for Kilkenny if inter county goes ahead, Adrian Mullen well ahead of schedule aswell likely to be available for KK later in year according to Shamrocks trainer in pre match interview

conor05 wrote: »
    Darren Mullen is a fantastic defender. Never gives an aimless pass out of defence.

Can see him starting corner back for Kilkenny.

That he is. Little bit maturity/discipline in his play will help & will come. Both himself & Patty have big futures.
    While on defenders, Joey Holden coming up from FB for a score was great to see as a longtime fan of his.

E. Shefflin. midfield or defense? He's an accurate shooter from what I've seen which isn't much compared with most of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Game was over today by the 8th minute Clara never turned up, were poor and made loads of mistakes and punished. Shamrocks looked in better shape and were far superior in the air. It's scary to think Adrian Mullen is to come back into shamrocks forwards as I think on there day with everyone available they'd give a fair few county teams a run for there money. Darren Mullen was great again and should be a feature for the county

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

. The photos from yesterday won’t help in getting things back on track, it just paints a picture that GAA members can’t be trusted to follow guidelines

I just feel that NPHET are starting to treat us all like children now. In response, people are starting to behave like children. Sneaking in to games in car boots, climbing over fences or dropping off younger players and staying on. Yes, childish behavior, but it's all going on, and not just in Kilkenny.
    Up to a few weeks ago it was OK for 200 to attend, and clubs were putting huge effort into maintaining contact details for all attendees. Meanwhile the curve remains flat, yes more younger people are contracting the virus, but hospitals and ICU wards are pretty much clear of COVID patients.
    So the new restrictions came across as a stupid slap on the wrist by an irrational parent. And their implementation filters down to the unfortunate club "COVID Officers" who have an impossible task in policing it.
    Meanwhile elsewhere in Europe, including in our neighbouring jurisdiction, things continue to open up. So the kind of behaviour we saw at those games yesterday will continue as long as officialdom keep this up. And good luck to the "kids" who manage to break these ridiculous rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement