Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

What are you talking about? The only people who mentioned his treatment was his own supporters who laughably spoke about him receiving a death sentence. Nobody else was all that bothered.
    A poster said on here he will be ass raped on here.
    I did see that post, don't know if it's been deleted

This is odd dishonesty.

So this is you're new standard reply post now is it?

Care to add anything, cos you haven't added anything at all, of all your posts in this thread yet...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

So according to Caolan Robertson, The judge said "freedom of speech comes with consequences". He also didnt take into account Tommys suspended sentence it was just a straight 13 month sentence.

So your supporting a mistrial then. Good stuff. Fight the power.

This was your standard reply for quite a few posts.
    Never replying, to posters.
    Just kept posting the same. Am I going to get your latest reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

deco nate wrote: »
    This was your standard reply for quite a few posts.
    Never replying, to posters.
    Just kept posting the same. Am I going to get your latest reply...

The poster supports a mistrial. I don't know how hard that is to understand.

You do understand that I need not reply to posts if I choose fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

thebull85 wrote: »
    So according to Caolan Robertson, The judge said "freedom of speech comes with consequences". He also didnt take into account Tommys suspended sentence it was just a straight 13 month sentence.

Assuming that's accurate, that's like something a Stalinst judge would have said before shipping someone off to the gulag.

Also I'm baffled how protecting the identities of the accused in this trial does anything for the safety of the victims. Protecting the identities of the victims - of course.

Some of the Rochdale gang got as little as four years. In this context 23 months is draconian.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-17993003

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thebull85 wrote: »

well that isn't true either. He got the 3 months that had been suspended plus a further 10 months for his recent contempt

professore wrote: »
    Assuming that's accurate, that's like something a Stalinst judge would have said before shipping someone off to the gulag.

Also I'm baffled how protecting the identities of the accused in this trial does anything for the safety of the victims. Protecting the identities of the victims - of course.

Some of the Rochdale gang got as little as four years. In this context 23 months is draconian.

It is not just about the safety of the victims. Read the report on his sentence, it is all explained there. and where are you getting 23 months from?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,143 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

professore wrote: »

I don't think you know what Stalinist Russia was like.

And doing something that could cause a mistrial of a group of sex offenders is pretty fecking serious. Doing it twice is both stupid and serious.

He 100% deserved what he'd gotten. If he'd caused the case to collapse in a mistrial you'd probably call that a conspiracy.

The law is the law and neither the abusers nor Tommy are above it.

It is not just about the safety of the victims. Read the report on his sentence, it is all explained there. and where are you getting 23 months from?

The amount of misinformation coming from some (not all) of Tommy's supporters is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    The amount of misinformation coming from some (not all) of Tommy's supporters is ridiculous.

they think their hero Tommy is above the law.

they think their hero Tommy is above the law.

Imagine a brown muslim, campaigning for muslim rights. Then imagine he had the same record as Tommy. They'd call anyone who listened to him an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,120 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Imagine a brown muslim, campaigning for muslim rights. Then imagine he had the same record as Tommy. They'd call anyone who listened to him an idiot.

Of course you have to drag colour into it.
    There is always an attempt to associate brown with muslim and thus try and make this an issue of colour.

And if anything you are insulting to all the white and black muslims.
    And there are a hell of a lot of them BTW.

BTW what colour was our own Kahlid Kelly, a failed suicide bomber for ISIS ?

BTW there is a muslim campaigner, now of course he is campaigning to reform islam and highlight it's problems so that might not count in your eyes.
    Oh and he is an ex prisoner for his extremist views and links.

Oh and get this he has shared a platform with Tommy Robinson, he has even backed his assertions on twitter re number of muslims groomers in Britain being much too high a percentage versus their overall population.

Check him out, Maajid Nawaz, or maybe don't because you probably reckon he is a racist supremacist because he has had links with Tommy Robinson.

And for anyone that has seen the pictures taken last year outside that Leeds court the noticable thing is there are a bunch of guys there that definitely look like they could be your English football hooligan, EDL, BNP and right there amongst them is a Sikh in all his finery.
    Oh yeah the sikh guy would probably be what you term "brown" and yet there he is amongst all these white guys and their ire is not for him.

There are even black guys in the crowd at the protest outside downing St last weekend.

They must all be "oreos" according to some around here. :rolleyes:

you mean like Malcolm X ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

you mean like Malcolm X ? :eek:

"Allah my brother"

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Isn't that from Oz?

Isn't that from Oz?

I believe that is actual real live footage of Malcom X demanding Hinton Johnson be released from the cop shop.

Chance it might be Karim Said though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

F2IMAm.png

No reason, just let us never forget that hat.

jmayo wrote: »
    Of course you have to drag colour into it.
    There is always an attempt to associate brown with muslim and thus try and make this an issue of colour.

And if anything you are insulting to all the white and black muslims.
    And there are a hell of a lot of them BTW.

BTW what colour was our own Kahlid Kelly, a failed suicide bomber for ISIS ?

BTW there is a muslim campaigner, now of course he is campaigning to reform islam and highlight it's problems so that might not count in your eyes.
    Oh and he is an ex prisoner for his extremist views and links.

Oh and get this he has shared a platform with Tommy Robinson, he has even backed his assertions on twitter re number of muslims groomers in Britain being much too high a percentage versus their overall population.

Check him out, Maajid Nawaz, or maybe don't because you probably reckon he is a racist supremacist because he has had links with Tommy Robinson.

And for anyone that has seen the pictures taken last year outside that Leeds court the noticable thing is there are a bunch of guys there that definitely look like they could be your English football hooligan, EDL, BNP and right there amongst them is a Sikh in all his finery.
    Oh yeah the sikh guy would probably be what you term "brown" and yet there he is amongst all these white guys and their ire is not for him.

There are even black guys in the crowd at the protest outside downing St last weekend.

They must all be "oreos" according to some around here. :rolleyes:

You brought up colour first.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107120678

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

wes wrote: »
    Potatoes and cabbages were used in racist imagery that has been used against Irish people in the past. The simple fact is that there are a lot of racist assholes out there, and they know full well what there saying.

Again, Irish people defending a guy who hates them, because he also hates Muslims is pretty hilarious.

"I'm proud to have Irish heritage but I call myself English." - you can just see the hatred oozing out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

"I'm proud to have Irish heritage but I call myself English." - you can just see the hatred oozing out :rolleyes:

Snd yet the EDL were harassing Irish groups in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,120 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

A lot of people are claiming that Robinson and anyone that supports his "cause" are trying to organise a mistrial.

This crap has been pushed by one or two around here and lo and behold all the posters of a certain opinion are pedaling it as fact.

Robinson has a chequered past, was a football hooligan, probably anti Irish, founded an organisation that had some very unsavoury characters in it before he left it.
    The thing is he claims he has moved away from that and that was why he left EDL, the organisation he founded.
    Now he isn't the best speaker, does still come across like a street fighter at times, but for all that he has continously raised issues that no other fecker, especially politicians, have dared to speak about.

Now a lot of people have rubbished him and his claims using his past and the way he operates doorstepping people in the street.

The thing is he has been proven right.

Even if you don't like him, even if you disagree with his claims and his views on islam, you should be damned worried about how he has been treated by the authorities.

And I am not just talking about this case, his home has been raided at all hours of the night, his families name and location was released in the media and there was nothing done about it by the authorities.

And when he confronted the solicitor who put his family details online, he was the one being investigated for harassment when he went to confront him.
    BTW he filmed it so he was hardly going to smack him around.

BTW he got the solicitors home address from Irish builders, yep Irish builders, who had dealt with the solicitor because he was also Irish.
    Funny how he got those Irish builders to give him, a supposed anti Irish guy, personal details on a solicitor so as to help him.

There would be no need for a Tommy Robinson if any of the mainstream politicians or political parties were raising the issues he is raising.

Labour were once representative of the working class in Britain, but they first became the new tories under Blair and laterally under Corbyn they have gone up their own ar** in terms of identity politics and chasing the muslim vote.
    How many labour controlled councils and areas have had grooming gangs operating over long periods of time?
    MPs that have raised the spectre about grooming gangs being predominantly muslim have been censured yet labour hierarchy had to forced to jettison a transgender model who was appointed LGBT advisor after she had been racist against white people and had a go at Tory gay activists.
    Antisemitism has been tolerated in labour, but yet they remain silent on problems in the muslim community.

There is a vacuum and no one is speaking for the people who have to deal with the fallout of failed multiculturalism in Britain.
    It is the exact same reason that Le Pen's support ha skyrocketed in Calais.

A lot of people are pi**ed off and mainstream politicians, the media and so called "do-gooders" lecturing them and lambasting them as thickos and racists (see Trump election and Brexit) is just making the situation worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

A lot of people are claiming that Robinson and anyone that supports his "cause" are trying to organise a mistrial.

I doubt anyone thinks he wants to cause a mistrial, he just doesn't care if he does. And I'd bet every cent I have that if he caused such a thing, not only would he fail to take responsibility, he would put the full blame on the police and justice system, as some here have already done on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

the media and so called "do-gooders" lecturing them and lambasting them as thickos and racists (see Trump election and Brexit) is just making the situation worse.

But he is a thicko and a racist ... What part are you not getting ?

Snd yet the EDL were harassing Irish groups in Liverpool.

Don't you believe people have the capacity to change for the better? It seems to me he is doing a good thing fighting against these paedos.

Don't you believe people have the capacity to change for the better? It seems to me he is doing a good thing fighting against these paedos.

He's not fighting against them though. He's fighting against the justice system that is prosecuting them. Even if he had waited til after the trial and did his thing he would be more worthy of sympathy. Or if he targeted people that were not prosecuted he might have a point. Can you explain to me what purpose his actions outside the court have and how they could not have waited until the trial was over?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes of course, fighting the good fight by risking both the abondonment of the trial as the outing of the victims.

He's not fighting against them though. He's fighting against the justice system that is prosecuting them. Even if he had waited til after the trial and did his thing he would be more worthy of sympathy. Or if he targeted people that were not prosecuted he might have a point. Can you explain to me what purpose his actions outside the court have and how they could not have waited until the trial was over?

Only Tommy could explain that.

Yes of course, fighting the good fight by risking both the abondonment of the trial as the outing of the victims.

He has been fighting this a lot longer than the court incident last week.

The sooner everyone sits down and irons out their differences the better.

Just how that is going to be done is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement

Only Tommy could explain that.

They are your words not his.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement