Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

wes wrote: »
    The Sun, the guys who hack dead girls phone numbers, hardly a bastion of integrity, but I doubt even they posted names about an ongoing cases. Your probably thinking of another case.
    Nope, this case. Must try Try harder...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

deco nate wrote: »
    Nope, this case. Must try Try harder...

As I said hardly bastions of journalistic integrity if what your saying is true. Hardly the best example to use......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Anyone that thinks these lads are going to get off Scot free because Tommy Robinson made a video outside the court is deluded.

Robinson is receiving the punishment and rightly so if he broke any conditions.
    If the order was to prevent the identities of the girls involved, why the f*ck would you think they would be the ones to suffer the double whammy of their identities being revealed and their rapists being set free?
    It’s bizarre and doesn’t make any sense.

As I said hardly bastions of journalistic integrity if what your saying is true. Hardly the best example to use......

Are the people at The Sun getting locked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Anyone that thinks these lads are going to get off Scot free because Tommy Robinson made a video outside the court is deluded.

Robinson is receiving the punishment and rightly so if he broke any conditions.
    If the order was to prevent the identities of the girls involved, why the f*ck would you think they would be the ones to suffer the double whammy of their identities being revealed and their rapists being set free?
    It’s bizarre and doesn’t make any sense.

Because there are historical cases of juries being discharged due to undue influence, prejudicial reporting and victim harassment.

• Advertisement

Because there are historical cases of juries being discharged due to undue influence, prejudicial reporting and victim harassment.

They are not going to get off Scot free as some here seem to think.
    The reason for the order and the reason for his arrest is changing by the hour in here.

The Sun, the guys who hack dead girls phone numbers, hardly a bastion of integrity, but I doubt even they posted names about an ongoing cases. Your probably thinking of another case.

Here you go....

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/3538445/edl-protest-huddersfield-gang-sex-crimes-young-women/amp/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesun.co.uk%2Fnews%2F3538445%2Fedl-protest-huddersfield-gang-sex-crimes-young-women%2F

Named in May of last year

They are not going to get off Scot free as some here seem to think.

They will if the case collapses and cannot be brought again.

They will if the case collapses and cannot be brought again.

They won’t be getting off unless there’s a not guilty verdict.

They won’t be getting off unless there’s a not guilty verdict.

What are you talking about? If the trial collapses there is no verdict.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? If the trial collapses there is no verdict.

It won’t collapse.

Are the people at The Sun getting locked up?

Nope, because there was no court order ban on reporting of this case, the ban is on reporting on the tr case in case it brings out the headers to the streets.

Some people are posting a lot bs in here.

Not the only paper to do it, you do know there was no ban on naming them don't you...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dude_abided

Billy86 wrote: »
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Sigh. I'm not defending him. I called his behavior scummy. Do you remember that? I called it ignorant. It was about 15 minutes ago. I challenged whether that's racist or not. Didn't defend any of the words or statements. You're literally making stuff up.

Strictly speaking racism might not be the right term because we're not our own race, but it definitely does assert that he thinks England and English people are superior to us plastic paddy's who just sit around picking potatoes and cabbage all day.

Its the same as if he were a white guy in the US saying "thank God I didn't grow up in a black neighbourhood or I'd still be sitting around eating chicken and watermelon all day".

Someone in a previous page mentioned his folks were Irish. If that's the case can you really shed your "heritage"?

Whilst not savory words used, I'm sure that plenty of people would agree they have a better life thanks to their parents moving from their respective countries...

Judging by the repeal thread this country was a provincial superstitious shìthole (:pac: see what I did there? ) with terrible woman's rights and the inability to divorce or even buy a johnny... Hardly unfair therefore to express no matter how crassly that you think life is better..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Also to reasonable people who have a blanket bad opinion of Tommy Robinson like I did, if you are interested he spoke at Oxford Union and it gives a lot of background about him. I saw him in a new light in part because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A

It won’t collapse.

What do you base this certainty on when trials have collapsed for less?

Also to reasonable people who have a blanket bad opinion of Tommy Robinson like I did, if you are interested he spoke at Oxford Union and it gives a lot of background about him. I saw him in a new light in part because of it.

I'll watch it later but I'm not sure how a good speech can change what people actually see him doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

shame on you shame on you
    shame shame shame on you

Kinda catchy, is there more to it?

What's the music with it like? I'm thinking something reggaeish perhaps

It won’t be collapsing because Robinson was making a video. If it does I’ll forward you 10k through PayPal. It’s not even a bet, I’ll just give you it.

It won’t be collapsing because Robinson was making a video. If it does I’ll forward you 10k through PayPal. It’s not even a bet, I’ll just give you it.

But how can you know it wouldn't have collapsed if he was allowed to continue?

I'll watch it later but I'm not sure how a good speech can change what people actually see him doing.

Yea of course, and I have a lot of skepticism. But I remember being continually surprised.

• Advertisement

Yea of course, and I have a lot of skepticism. But I remember being continually surprised.

I watched the first 10 minutes then skipped ahead a few times and watched a few segments. It's just him talking about all the bad things muslims have done and how harshly he has been treated. What exactly surprised you about it? It's the same thing he spouts all the time and the people like him spout on here. I can sum up the video in one paraphrase. 'I'm not saying all muslims should be tarred with the same brush but look at what these bad muslims did. Why are we letting more muslims in?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Here's a link to the contempt of court ruling.

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1001150436009750528?s=19

Just finished watching that, thanks for posting it

20Cent wrote: »
    Here's a link to the contempt of court ruling.

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1001150436009750528?s=19

Just to make it clearer for all, this is from the 2017 case. Not from Friday.

I watched the first 10 minutes then skipped ahead a few times and watched a few segments. It's just him talking about all the bad things muslims have done and how harshly he has been treated. What exactly surprised you about it? It's the same thing he spouts all the time and the people like him spout on here. I can sum up the video in one paraphrase. 'I'm not saying all muslims should be tarred with the same brush but look at what these bad muslims did. Why are we letting more muslims in?'

Fair play for watching. Ah just a couple of things, like when they responded to a group of nazi's turning up at an edl event by fighting them and making a video burning a nazi flag, which got him in trouble with neo nazis in germany. How black people were involved and were targetted by muslim gangs . How he uses the word paddy (jokingly) to describe his family.
    How he knew people affected by similar gangs and saw the same attitudes of police well before any Rotherham/ Telford stuff. The police treatment of him being very suspect. I.e. jumping over a fence and grabbing an ISIS flag off muslims marching he was charged with attacking a police officer (coz he bumped into him coming over the fence) but it was dropped when the video was released.

It just gave me an impression that it wasn't quite so straightforward as 'white supremecist hates muslims, oh and the irish'. You weren't convinced, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: thebull85, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice.
    Mod note: Reversed.

Apologies to all, I thought I had done this earlier.

Buford T. JUstice

thebull85 wrote: »
    You should read a book, its called a dictionary. Look up the word racist. You're welcome.

It should be pointed out that many organisations use a broader definition. And international Law also uses a broader definition.

Racial discrimination as defined in international law is "any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

deco nate wrote: »
    Just to make it clearer for all, this is from the 2017 case. Not from Friday.

It makes for interesting reading. I'm only halfway through but the judge makes clear that outside the court, the court precinct, counts as the courts environs and so filming is not allowed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It should be pointed out that many organisations use a broader definition. And international Law also uses a broader definition.

Bullsh*t, it comes down to the colour of your skin.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    It makes for interesting reading. I'm only halfway through but the judge makes clear that outside the court, the court precinct, counts as the courts environs and so filming is not allowed there.
    He ask a cop, then moved across the road and filmed himself talking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement