Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

AfterLife wrote: »
    Some people can't see that abusing brown, black and Irish people in the UK is racist. I'd imagine most of these people are culturally deficient themselves. The type that jump on any opportunity to abuse travellers in this country, you know the type? They might think about reading a history book or two for starters.

You should read a book, its called a dictionary. Look up the word racist. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Mutant z wrote: »
    As some were formally members of the communist party so what's your point.

You claim Robinson "has associated with people from every race" yet he is a former member of an openly racist party. Nobody buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some people are willing to overlook and defend anything as long as they're able to have a go at muslims.

Clearly anti-Irish and someone who hates Ireland? Check.
    A convicted football hooligan and con-man? Check.
    Putting the trial of a group of alleged sex attackers at risk? Check.
    Risking outing the identity of those underage sex attack victims? Check.
    Stupid enough to do all of the above and reactivate a suspended sentence? Check.

"Who cares about all that though? He hates muslims so he's alright by me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Omackeral wrote: »
    wes did. He's said it more than once. I think they're the words of a scrote bag, don't get it twisted, but I don't think it's racist.

you left out the bit of my post where i said it was anti-irish and it was posted in response to somebody who said that Stephen wasnt anti-irish. How convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

AfterLife wrote: »
    Some people can't see that abusing brown, black and Irish people in the UK is racist. I'd imagine most of these people are culturally deficient themselves. The type that jump on any opportunity to abuse travellers in this country, you know the type? They might think about reading a history book or two for starters.

You're right, I mean I can't imagine why anyone would have an issue with travellers in Ireland

Lovely lovely people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Hammar wrote: »
    As some were formally members of the communist party so what's your point.

You claim Robinson "has associated with people from every race" yet he is a former member of an openly racist party. Nobody buys it.
    So what what's that got to do with now everyone has some sort of history and anyway that doesn't make him any less right what he says about Islam.

So what what's that got to do with now everyone has some sort of history and anyway that doesn't make him any less right what he says about Islam.

Case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

you left out the bit of my post where i said it was anti-irish and it was posted in response to somebody who said that Stephen wasnt anti-irish. How convenient.

Because I was responding to this. You said;
    Nobody said it was (racist).

The poster wes did, more than once, on here. The quote is for your convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Because I was responding to this. You said;

The poster wes did, more than once, on here. The quote is for your convenience.

Your arguing semantics at this point to defend ol Tommy. He is not a fan of Irish people and was more than happy to deploy racist imagery. You can choose to deny and defend that. The more you do, the more hilarious it gets. The man hates Irish people and you are spending so much time defending him for whatever reason.

Christ, if you're left arguing over semantics as to whether Tommy Robinson is racist against Irish people or just really hates them, maybe it's time to re-examine your defence of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

"Everyone" doesn't have some sort of history of joining far-right racist parties.

wes wrote: »
    Your arguing semantics at this point to defend ol Tommy. He is not a fan of Irish people and was more than happy to deploy racist imagery. You can choose to deny and defend that. The more you do, the more hilarious it gets. The man hates Irish people and you are spending so much time defending him for whatever reason.

Sigh. I'm not defending him. I called his behavior scummy. Do you remember that? I called it ignorant. It was about 15 minutes ago. I challenged whether that's racist or not. Didn't defend any of the words or statements. You're literally making stuff up.

Sigh. I'm not defending him. I called his behavior scummy. Do you remember that? I called it ignorant. It was about 15 minutes ago. I challenged whether that's racist or not. Didn't defend any of the words or statements. You're literally making stuff up.

Come on now. He is deliberately using racist imagery that was used against Irish people for centuries. Of course he is racist against Irish people. I don't see much point in the semantic argument here at all.

Christ, if you're left arguing over semantics as to whether Tommy Robinson is racist against Irish people or just really hates them, maybe it's time to re-examine your defence of him.

You call it semantics if you want. I just think the race card gets played far too often and if you don't like that being challenged, then that says more about you. Bringing a tidy mob to a football match is what scumbags do. Is it scummy? Yes. Is it racist? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm starving with Ramadan being on, which way is Mecca and I'll lash out a few prayers with you in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Strictly speaking racism might not be the right term because we're not our own race, but it definitely does assert that he thinks England and English people are superior to us plastic paddy's who just sit around picking potatoes and cabbage all day.

Its the same as if he were a white guy in the US saying "thank God I didn't grow up in a black neighbourhood or I'd still be sitting around eating chicken and watermelon all day".

You call it semantics if you want. I just think the race card gets played far too often and if you don't like that being challenged, then that says more about you. Bringing a tidy mob to a football match is what scumbags do. Is it scummy? Yes. Is it racist? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm starving with Ramadan being on, which way is Mecca and I'll lash out a few prayers with you in mind.

still got another 4 hours to wait.

would you settle for xenophobic instead of racist then?

Would have thought someone so clearly obsessed with Islam would know where Mecca is automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

It's so easy these days to bandy words around. I've been called a racist Nazi.

We were discussing American politics and I simply said to this person that I thought Obama was one of the worst presidents in history, and she branded me a racist Nazi. :pac:

"Race card"? Really, that old canard. Even if what you said about the "race card" was true, it doesn't have bearing the current topic. Robinson uses racist imagery in language to describe Irish people, saying that is racist is perfectly valid thing to say regardless of "race card" usage. Your simply fail to address that for some reason.

As for his criminal activities, well he seems to like enraging Celtic fans, so he is a big fan of sectarianism as well.

Few hour left before fasting ends today for Ramadan ;).

• Advertisement

would you settle for xenophobic instead of racist then?

Yes, I would. A lot more accurate, truthful and palatable. I wouldn't have much of an issue with him being described as xenophobic to be honest. People are taking me up wrong going ''oh you're defending him, you're a fan boy''. I'm not. I'm just sick to death of everything being labelled racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Breach of the peace, the same law used to silence relatives of victims in rotherham. Sorry if I have less than the utmost respect for the police in the uk in this context. I'm no fanboy of Robinson, whatever that means.

These giant criminal cases are in no small part about the ability of perpetrators to continue victimising because of a heterodoxy around speaking out. And people are machine-gunning 'racist,bigot' to anyone in this thread who see potential red flags around the police treatment of Robinson.

Would have thought someone so clearly obsessed with Islam would know where Mecca is automatically.

I'm not obsessed with Islam whatsoever, I just resent it being referred to as a race. I've defended Muslim people plenty on here as well as criticized Islam. Feel free to search my post history. Shades of grey are wonderful, doesn't always have to be absolute and rabble off.

Breach of the peace, the same law used to silence relatives of victims in rotherham. Sorry if I have less than the utmost respect for the police in the uk in this context. I'm no fanboy of Robinson, whatever that means.

These giant criminal cases are in no small part about the ability of perpetrators to continue victimising because of a heterodoxy around speaking out. And people are machine-gunning 'racist,bigot' to anyone in this thread who see potential red flags around the police treatment of Robinson.

breach of the peace is what he was arrested for. He was jailed for breaking the terms of his suspended sentence.

breach of the peace is what he was arrested for. He was jailed for breaking the terms of his suspended sentence.

I know, they still used it to get him in handcuffs what point are you making? Are the terms as you outlined earlier, calling them 'paedophiles' when he did no such thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's so easy these days to bandy words around. I've been called a racist Nazi.

I was called a crypto islamofascist on boards because i said not all muslims are terrorists.

Crypto Islamofascist.....Seriously......

Grayson wrote: »

Did anyone get around to creating that crypto currency :D.

Grayson wrote: »
    I was called a crypto islamofascist on boards because i said not all muslims are terrorists.

That is gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

wes wrote: »
    Well, the accused are applying for mistrials. Also, the accused names have been spread around the Internet, including on this thread. Its amazing that you lads are so supportive of giving the accused more ammunition to get themselves a mistrial.
    Their names were in the printed press before anyone shared them online, one of the papers that printed them was the sun! So that's bollox

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    Their names were in the printed press before anyone shared them online, one of the papers that printed them was the sun! So that's bollox

The Sun, the guys who hack dead girls phone numbers, hardly a bastion of integrity, but I doubt even they posted names about an ongoing cases. Your probably thinking of another case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement