Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The problem there is though just because he opposes Tommy Robinson people are believing every single thing that comes out of his mouth. Without questioning

But Tommy showing up at his house at 10:30 and 5:30 is not in question. What kind of cnut does that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

The irony seems to be lost on him.

What are you saying timber I'm a coward because I don't have my Twitter account open to the public. You think that's the same as what we've been talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What is this nonsense you are talking? So the reason he didn't answer his door is because he's not a violent nasty thug like Tommy??

No it's because he's a coward. He lives his life through social media. Weird guy.

Care to share your address here? We can all pop round at random times. just for a chat like. I'm taking it that you're not a coward.

Personally I have no desire to have you or anyone else knocking on my door in the middle of the night, but since you seem to think that anyone who doesn't want their information shared online and have people calling to their door is a coward, I'm sure you'll be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

if you talk **** about people expect to be confronted about it.

Here's you talking shit about someone:
    it's just shows what a coward he is

When can we expect you to be confronted, anonymous poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The problem there is though just because he opposes Tommy Robinson people are believing every single thing that comes out of his mouth. Without questioning

#well no. they believe him because he has been honest in the past. the same cannot be said of tommy.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Care to share your address here? We can all pop round at random times. just for a chat like. I'm taking it that you're not a coward.

Personally I have no desire to have you or anyone else knocking on my door in the middle of the night, but since you seem to think that anyone who doesn't want their information shared online and have people calling to their door is a coward, I'm sure you'll be up for it.

He deserved a knock on his door, I know a few violent thugs myself and If i talked **** about them online, never mind knocking on my door, my door would kicked off it's hinges and I'd be dragged out. So I don't talk **** about people online especially "violent thugs".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,961 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He deserved a knock on his door, I know a few violent thugs myself and If i talked **** about them online, never mind knocking on my door, my door would kicked off it's hinges and I'd be dragged out. So I don't talk **** about people online especially "violent thugs".

So you're in favour of people being denied their right to free speech in a civilised society. Thanks for clearing that up.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You just called someone a "coward", whilst steadfastly hiding behind your anonymity.

You do see there might be a bit of a paradox there?

:P

Yes, this happens all the time an not just online, if you talk **** about people expect to be confronted about it. It's very easy to go online and slate someone but doing it
    to their face as we have seen here is a whole different story. So this guy felt safe on Twitter but not in real life.

He doesn't have to balls to back up his online chat in the real world.

Thats the long and short of it.

You'd open the door to a guy like this in the middle of the night?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)#Criminal_convictions
    In April 2005, Robinson was convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer who had intervened to protect Robinson's girlfriend from Robinson.[122][7] He was given a custodial sentence.[122]

In July 2011, at Luton and South Bedfordshire Magistrates' Court, Robinson was convicted of using threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour, for leading a group of Luton Town F.C. supporters into a brawl involving 100 people in Luton on 24 August 2010.[14][123][124]

In September 2011, at Preston Magistrates' Court, Robinson was convicted of assault for headbutting a man in Blackburn on 2 April 2011.[125][31] In November 2011, he was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.[126][127]

Boggles wrote: »
    You just called someone a "coward", whilst steadfastly hiding behind your anonymity.

You do see there might be a bit of a paradox there?

:P

I'll still answer my front door though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

While someone was pounding on it and shouting outside?

Grayson wrote: »
    You'd open the door to a guy like this in the middle of the night?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)#Criminal_convictions

I wouldn't talk **** about that guy unless I was prepared to face him and do the same.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    While someone was pounding on it and shouting outside?

Well it's only Mike Stuchberry we are talking about here so yes, yes I definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

But sure nobody knows who you are.

What exactly are you having trouble understanding here.

You are calling people names with complete anonymity, but yet you think a guy who posts on his own twitter account using his own name is a coward.

By your own definition you are more cowardly.

I wouldn't talk **** about that guy unless I was prepared to face him and do the same.

I thought that most people who used the internet had the self awareness not to try to be keyboard warriors. It's been a thing for over 20 years or so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought that most people who used the internet had the self awareness not to try to be keyboard warriors. It's been a thing for over 20 years or so.

I think that you are getting keyboard warrior and internet tough guy mixed up :pac:

This of course is just a joke.

What makes you think I'm a keyboard warrior?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think that you are getting keyboard warrior and internet tough guy mixed up :pac:

This of course is just a joke.

In my day, it was keyboard warrior. Then they changed what it was and now what it is isn't it. And what's it seems weird and scary to me.

...to paraphrase Grandpa Simpson.

So you can't criticise anything anyone says online unless you're willing to fight them (if it comes to it)?

I can just imagine Boris and May going head to head.

What makes you think I'm a keyboard warrior?

Shíte like this:

It's pretty clear cut, really. I'm sure you won't agree but your agreement or lack of doesn't really come into it anymore than your opinion that Tommy Robinson isn't a thuggish racist hooligan fraudster.

Like Chris Brown or R Kelly, Tommy Robinson will always have fans who'll defend him no matter what he does.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Stephen apparently got handed a letter Sunday stating he is getting sued for defamation. It was delivered during the day, so probably woke him.

Can't wait to here about his "Freedom of Speech" defense, no doubt it will be entertaining.

:D

He was in Finland at the time of the letter being delivered. Hard luck pal try again.

Shíte like this:

It's pretty clear cut, really. I'm sure you won't agree but your agreement or lack of doesn't really come into it anymore than your opinion that Tommy Robinson isn't a thuggish racist hooligan fraudster.

Like Chris Brown or R Kelly, Tommy Robinson will always have fans who'll defend him no matter what he does.

keyboard warriors

(informal, derogatory) A person who behaves aggressively and/or in an inflammatory manner in online text-based discussion media, but at the same time does not behave similarly in real life, potentially due to cowardice, introversion or shyness.

90% of boards.ie posters.

keyboard warriors

(informal, derogatory) A person who behaves aggressively and/or in an inflammatory manner in online text-based discussion media, but at the same time does not behave similarly in real life, potentially due to cowardice, introversion or shyness.

90% of boards.ie posters.

I think Boom Bap may have been right about me being mixed up. I'll go with "Internet tough guy" instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

To be honest, in Mike's situation I probably would have opened my door, but that's because I'm a hothead and can never really back down from confrontation of any kind. It's one of my biggest faults.

What does that achieve? Best case scenario: Tommy & I have a shouting match at my front door, disturbing my neighbours & scaring my wife that things might escalate. Worst case scenario: Things do in fact escalate and I'm in a brawl with a known thug and the gang of thugs he's brought to back him up. What's the upside of either of these situations for me? Nothing, except some bloke on the internet won't be able to infer that I'm scared of Tommy.

Your attitude to this situation is ridiculous. Based on what you've said here, journalists shouldn't write anything exposing gangsters, drug dealers or other violent criminals, unless prepared to open the door to them. Do you think thats conducive to a free press that exposes criminals? If Tommy has a problem with what someone says about him, there are paths of recourse he can take. He can sue for libel or defamation. Instead he chooses to act like the jumped up little thug that anyone with a brain in their head knows he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RWCNT wrote: »
    To be honest, in Mike's situation I probably would have opened my door, but that's because I'm a hothead and can never really back down from confrontation of any kind. It's one of my biggest faults.

What does that achieve? Best case scenario: Tommy & I have a shouting match at my front door, disturbing my neighbours & scaring my wife that things might escalate. Worst case scenario: Things do in fact escalate and I'm in a brawl with a known thug and the gang of thugs he's brought to back him up. What's the upside of either of these situations for me? Nothing, except some bloke on the internet won't be able to infer that I'm scared of Tommy.

Your attitude to this situation is ridiculous. Based on what you've said here, journalists shouldn't write anything exposing gangsters, drug dealers or other violent criminals, unless prepared to open the door to them. Do you think thats conducive to a free press that exposes criminals? If Tommy has a problem with what someone says about him, there are paths of recourse he can take. He can sue for libel or defamation. Instead he chooses to act like the jumped up little thug that anyone with a brain in their head knows he is.

Unfortunately it is the fact that he is a thug that attracts some posting here.

RWCNT wrote: »

Yeah well fair play to you, I actually do believe that you would open your door to him , someone will probably be along to call you an internet tough guy though.

This guy lives in Luton, not far from Tommy and Tommy being a hot head like yourself he decided to pay him a visit. Simple as that really no harm was done there was no violence.

Yeah well fair play to you, I actually do believe that you would open your door to him , someone will probably be along to call you an internet tough guy though.

This guy lives in Luton, not far from Tommy and Tommy being a hot head like yourself he decided to pay him a visit. Simple as that really no harm was done there was no violence.

See the thing is, Tommy has a certain way with words that gets people riled up and would goad them into physical assault and the first thing he'll do is shout assault down the camera.
    I'd say opening the door is just opening yourself up for Tommy to get you into that state.

Him going there if the door was not opened or opened was a win win situation for him as we can see that the guy in the house is easily painted in a bad light.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What are you saying timber I'm a coward because I don't have my Twitter account open to the public. You think that's the same as what we've been talking about?

It's exactly what I'm saying! You call a man who has his account public a coward, he speaks his mind against cowardly thugs like TR and you say he is a coward!

Meanwhile here's you in all of your finest anonymity defending a cowardly thug from behind a fake name (same as TR).

As i said, the irony is lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Simple as that really no harm was done there was no violence.

...because the guy didn't open the door to him.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement