Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The anti-choice zombie worshipping muppets have again shown their true colours.

They behaved like scumbags during the divorce,SSM referendums so it isn't a surprise they behave the same way after abortion was legalised.

Probably just worried the pool of children for the church to abuse is dwindling.....

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

BBFAN wrote: »
    Because the yellow office is a completely honest one? Don't think so. :rolleyes:

Much more honest than the one next to it. Questionable at best to open a rogue crisis pregnancy agency right next door to an actual crisis pregnancy agency

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Oh they'll be along shortly, don't doubt it.

I dunno, even if they were prepared to defend this carry-on on 'ethical' grounds, the whole thing is so stupid and self-defeating and damaging to the image of 'pro-life', they have to admit those involved are complete tools even if they were claiming their hearts were in the right place...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If he gets arrested, pleading insanity is a shoo-in.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I dunno, even if they were prepared to defend this carry-on on 'ethical' grounds, the whole thing is so stupid and self-defeating and damaging to the image of 'pro-life', they have to admit those involved are complete tools even if they were claiming their hearts were in the right place...

I'm really not sure of that. Unless we think the guy is a one-man outfit who's not only paying the rent and utilities on that office, but also manning the phones unpaid, then someone is funding him. Or even them. So he's not that much of a maverick among prolifers it would seem.

But I agree with you that it will be disastrous in terms of public support among all but the most extreme of them. That extreme does exist though, is my point, and people need to be mindful of just how far they can go.

• Advertisement

Because the yellow office is a completely honest one? Don't think so. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by that?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because the yellow office is a completely honest one? Don't think so. rolleyes.png
    What do you mean by that?

This is the website of the place next door. It seems legit to me if a little out of date as it doesn't mention the legalisation of abortion in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Pro-Life protesters outside Drogheda Hospital after "receiving reliable information" that abortions are taking place there today. Where are they getting this information from :confused:

Sickos

https://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-protest-2-4472155-Feb2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

OK, enough is enough. If these fcukers are stating that they are getting 'reliable information ' surely the guards can question them to disclose their source?
    Who can we lobby to ensure a proper investigation of these illegal data breaches.?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    OK, enough is enough. If these fcukers are stating that they are getting 'reliable information ' surely the guards can question them to disclose their source?
    Who can we lobby to ensure a proper investigation of these illegal data breaches.?

Just on this particular one you're quoting from, where is the illegal data breach? I understand that yesterdays creepy pasta seems quite possibly to have been a breach, but this one you'll have to outline for me as all I'm seeing here is a yob looking for, and getting, attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2019/0201/1026924-hse-investiagtion/

It seems someone is leaking private information to pro life extremists.
    The Health Service Executive is investigating an alleged breach of patient information after a woman who had a termination at the National Maternity Hospital in Holles Street in Dublin claimed she was subsequently contacted by anti-abortion activists.

Just on this particular one you're quoting from, where is the illegal data breach? I understand that yesterdays creepy pasta seems quite possibly to have been a breach, but this one you'll have to outline for me as all I'm seeing here is a yob looking for, and getting, attention.

Pro-Life protesters outside Drogheda Hospital after "receiving reliable information" that abortions are taking place there today

So the questions are:

Did they actually receive this data?
    Who did they receive it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So the questions are:

Did they actually receive this data?
    Who did they receive it from?

Bit more detail in this article, where professional crank Charles Byrne pretty much admits that they're getting information from inside the hospital.

He said that people are providing information to him and, in relation to whether they do so anonymously or not, he said:

"You get some texts but we do have people kind of on the grapevine."

He said he did not want to name anyone who was providing information.

When it was put to him that there must be staff in the hospital giving information he said that there were, but did not want to give any names, saying:

"I don’t want to get anyone in trouble."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Bit more detail in this article, where professional crank Charles Byrne pretty much admits that they're getting information from inside the hospital.

Even if their source was only one person who has no further access to information (maybe friend/family member of the woman who was contacted), the anti-choice brigade will claim that they still have access to all sorts of highly confidential information.

They want women to be afraid, they wantwomen to be paranoid. They want women to believe that their private medical information is known to people like them.

Shame and fear are, after all, their strongest and most familiar tools.

They deserve jail for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I think it's FUAD from the GW Bush days, Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. It may be they're just deciding to show up and start spreading rumors about abortions happening that day. Lies and deceit being their stock in trade, this would be the simplest explanation.

More now than ever the anti-blockading laws the government's bandied about have to become more than threats. Lock them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

This is the website of the place next door. It seems legit to me if a little out of date as it doesn't mention the legalisation of abortion in ireland.

I don't see any website link there?

Probably unlikely. But it is possible that someone is trolling them by getting them to turn up on days they know that NO abortions are scheduled to take place :pac:

Especially if it's freezin!!!

I don't see any website link there?

http://www.reproductivechoices.ie/

It is Ironic that for a pro life mob they offer vasectomies.

• Advertisement

That is the website for the place next door. I'm not sure they are a pro-life crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Okay, maybe it is genuine, I just don't know though, hard to trust any of these places now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Apparently it's still illegal to take abortion pills in Ireland, or to seek an abortion for rape or incest, and several of their pages are about how to go abroad to access abortions. Are they even still in business?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Apparently it's still illegal to take abortion pills in , or to seek an abortion for rape or incest, and several of their pages are about how to go abroad to access abortions. Are they even still in business?

Possibly not. Though they were aware of the place next door and warned people against it.

http://www.reproductivechoices.ie/trusted-agencies
    Please know that the organisation which is next door to us –the blue building before the bicycle shop- is not pro-choice and is the one featured in the recent Times newspaper.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Couldn't help but think of this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

seamus wrote: »

Should still be followed up by the DPC and HSE though. They should have logs of every time a patient file is accessed (though they probably don't)
    With a paper file in a brown folder, it's pretty difficult to audit accesses.

With a paper file in a brown folder, it's pretty difficult to audit accesses.

Would still need to be accessed to be printed unless you're indicating that the person providing the information has access to the physical file which reduces the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They deserve jail for this.

Should threaten the hospital with the GDPR as well if there's an unwillingless to deal with people leaking personal information like that too. Ringing up someone like that just to be able to go screaming abuse at women to soothe their precious ego? They seem to forget that other's could play that game as well and those giving abuse could find themselves doxxed and getting abuse back in turn or worse. They need to find those involved and put an end to it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Would still need to be accessed to be printed unless you're indicating that the person providing the information has access to the physical file which reduces the number.
    Why would it need to be printed? All it takes is for someone who sees the file to remember a name and phone number, or maybe even take a photo with their own phone of the relevant pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can he be questioned re: GDPR breach and done for obstruction if he won't say where he's getting the information?

Advertisement