Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is there a third Healy-Rae td in the pipeline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Anteayer wrote: »
    They're not being paid for by the NHS. They're services being paid for by the HSE.

I know that. So the taxpayer here pays twice. Waiting lists and inefficiencies here are a sad reflection of our HSE, despite our healthcare here costing the taxpayer among the highest in the world.

Our politicians here are to blame, they are too busy going to funerals and pulling strokes for constituents than running the country properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Collison Bros who followed are the antidote to the Healy Raes of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Water John wrote: »
    The Collison Bros who followed are the antidote to the Healy Raes of this world.

You think those brothers from rural Ireland got where they are today without hard work?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You think those brothers from rural Ireland got where they are today without hard work?

Hell yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hell yes!

What they do might not constitute work in the conventional 9 to 5 x number of tasks sense, but, I think it is a given that they are never off the clock and it is not an easy thing to do, to engage with everyone who comes your way, even if you are only telling them what they want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What they do might not constitute work in the conventional 9 to 5 x number of tasks sense, but, I think it is a given that they are never off the clock and it is not an easy thing to do, to engage with everyone who comes your way, even if you are only telling them what they want to hear.

Jackie Healey Rae sat through less than half the meetings of an oireachtas committee he was obliged to attend ..yet was paid 20 k.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/healyrae-paid-20000-despite-poor-attendance-26750557.html

And any meetings he did attend he didn't stay the full duration of.

You could not be more incorrect they are really lazy.

It could be worse I suppose they are not nasty or mean spirited.

Engaging with people is not hard. Its called being human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I must admit I love the way the Healy Rae's are living rent free in peoples heads:)
    https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/1134578912367824896

I must admit I love the way the Healy Rae's are living rent free in peoples heads:)

I'm getting a bit ticked off with popular social commentators describing them as all that is wrong with Ireland.

Like they are responsible for the Health system, the childrens hospital, declining in rural communities, housing prices/rent etc etc etc.

People decry them for saying God controls the environment but are ok with Leo signing off oil prospecting rights to a Chinese companies 3 days after saying that he had heard the people demanding action on climate change.

Also, these same people seem to have forgotten how partisan Bertie was, or even Enda or even recently Shane Ross (who loves getting a dig in at his country cousins).

If one of the Healys fell off a swing in a hotel, they'd settle for being able to use it as a speaking platform for the next election.r

https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/1134578912367824896

RTÉ should stop pandering to the Healy-Raes. Why offer them a national platform when their interests are strictly local.

• Advertisement

RTÉ should stop pandering to the Healy-Raes. Why offer them a national platform when their interests are strictly local.

Leo gets away with it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

IMO alot of Ministers see their ministries as positions of importance as opposed to jobs. It would be a fascinating experiment to make MHR Minister for housing or even health. What would happen ? Could he be any worse that those who already have or had those portfolios ??? Would Kerry's loss be Ireland's gain ??????

Mrsmum wrote: »
    IMO alot of Ministers see their ministries as positions of importance as opposed to jobs. It would be a fascinating experiment to make MHR Minister for housing or even health. What would happen ? Could he be any worse that those who already have or had those portfolios ??? Would Kerry's loss be Ireland's gain ??????

The 20,000 required houses might be built in Kerry to be fair :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

The 20,000 required houses might be built in Kerry to be fair :cool:

Ha ha, That's true alright. You can take the man out of Kerry but you can take Kerry out of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The healy raes are extremely cynical

The certainly are. But the system allows candidates like that to be successful, they’re just exploiting that.

They’re also far from stupid. They may sound dumb, make stupid comments but they are very very clever in how they present themselves and in how they operate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

janfebmar wrote: »
    Busloads of refugees have to go from Kerry to Belfast for their healthcare needs, because of years of waiting lists an inefficiency here. God bless the NHS.

You should think of living in Northern Ireland, it definitely sounds like you’d be happier there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I wouldn't be the Healey Raes biggest fan and well aware they work for the locals and not the country in general

But if my life depended on a TD then give me a HR anyday before a useless plamas of TD who does sweet FA

If I had to choose to spend time and need help with a TD and my choice was a HR or " style of substance Leo V " I would chose the man I would know that means what he says . Leo and his ilk are full of platitudes and plamás and in fact then do nothiing

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I wouldn't be the Healey Raes biggest fan and well aware they work for the locals and not the country in general

You are aware that if they jump someone (one of their cronies ) up a queue , then lots of other people in the queue move back down the queue again?

It is the function of elected politicians to make the country better, not worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Fantastic ambassadors for the rural community, a credit to the country

You are aware that if they jump someone (one of their cronies ) up a queue , then lots of other people in the queue move back down the queue again?

It is the function of elected politicians to make the country better, not worse.

I said I wasn't their greatest fan . But if the alternative is Leo who smiles while the country goes to the dogs , well the HR at least move their arses and do something .

• Advertisement

I said I wasn't their greatest fan . But if the alternative is Leo who smiles while the country goes to the dogs , well the HR at least move their arses and do something .

I am no fan of Leo either. However we are talking about the Healy Reas. You say "well the HR at least move their arses and do something".....suppose that something is just interfere in the queing system and move their non-cronies further down the list?

I am no fan of Leo either. However we are talking about the Healy Reas. You say "well the HR at least move their arses and do something".....suppose that something is just interfere in the queing system and move their non-cronies further down the list?

Its not all they do and well we know it
    But they do a lot more than smile and look good while children are homeless and sick people on trollies and carers of special needs children loose their allowance . And childrens hospital costs us gizzilions , and people are living in near tenement condition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Leo is more interested in the latest girl band instead of running the country, pure waste of space. BTW the eejit went to the spice girls, I know a woman that got a free ticket to the corporate box and she was alone at the bar with Leo so she decided to strike up a conversation with him and the bloody fool couldn't even hold a conversation.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

We could do with a few more politicians like the Healy Raes. We'd have a stronger democracy, a more prosperous country, that works for the good, honest, hard-working people of Ireland.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Leo is more interested in the latest girl band instead of running the country, pure waste of space. BTW the eejit went to the spice girls, I know a woman that got a free ticket to the corporate box and she was alone at the bar with Leo so she decided to strike up a conversation with him and the bloody fool couldn't even hold a conversation.

So your argument is the Healy Raes are bad, but "Whatabout" Leo. Whataboutery at its best. Is that what this country has sunk to, a choice between the Haely Raes and Leo as the only ones who can represent us? As the well spoken and eloquent Gay Byrne said many years ago, its time to hand the country back to the Queen with a note of Apology. lol.

So your argument is the Healy Raes are bad, but "Whatabout" Leo. Whataboutery at its best. Is that what this country has sunk to, a choice between the Haely Raes and Leo as the only ones who can represent us? As the well spoken and eloquent Gay Byrne said many years ago, its time to hand the country back to the Queen with a note of Apology. lol.

Where exactly did I compare Leo to the Healy Raes? I just said the fool can't even hold a conversation and is more interested in the latest girl band. Also who gives a fiddlers fcuk what Gay Byrne thinks?

Where exactly did I compare Leo to the Healy Raes? I just said the fool can't even hold a conversation and is more interested in the latest girl band. Also who gives a fiddlers fcuk what Gay Byrne thinks?

Have you ever had a someone who had consumed a bit too much liquid refreshment try to engage in conversation when at a bar or waiting for a taxi or whatever?

In such situations, the best thing to say is often nothing at all.

Have you ever had a someone who had consumed a bit too much liquid refreshment try to engage in conversation when at a bar or waiting for a taxi or whatever?

In such situations, the best thing to say is often nothing at all.

So which one are you implying was drunk?

Why bring up Leo so? At least unlike Leo and the Healy Raes, Gay Byrne back in the day when he was without doubt Ireland's leading broadcaster and chat show host and media person, could talk to people from around the world in a clear and understandable way, and did not embarrass us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Was talking to a Kerry-man on a night out recently. Wasn’t a fan of them, said they “only ever looked out for their own.”

Divisive characters in their own county, evidently.

Advertisement