Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tried that new oil rig map last night, do not like, i know its a repurposed old map from MW2 or something, but its design is very old school feeling. heaps of open spaces with no cover and an easily held chokepoint as your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The oil rig map wasn't in MW2, MP at least, unless it was unreleased. I loved all those maps even and sometimes especially the DLC ones. I even liked Derail, Derail people.

MW3 went crazy with DLC maps hitting you with new ones each month. The problem with that is they were paid for, you'd play them for a few weeks and then they became uninhabited. Blops 1 had some good DLC maps but with the same issues.

The fact is if you plonk shipment or nuketown into the games that's where the people want to be.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The oil rig map wasn't in MW2, MP at least, unless it was unreleased. I loved all those maps even and sometimes especially the DLC ones. I even liked Derail, Derail people.

MW3 went crazy with DLC maps hitting you with new ones each month. The problem with that is they were paid for, you'd play them for a few weeks and then they became uninhabited. Blops 1 had some good DLC maps but with the same issues.

The fact is if you plonk shipment or nuketown into the games that's where the people want to be.

yeah, folk just seem to love the close quarters of shipment, I think its grand for 5 minutes to kill a bit of time but I wouldnt be going again and again at it.

I think my favourite type of maps are the traditional 3 lane, almost symmetrical type - shoothouse is a good example, but from black ops 2, the likes of Slums, Standoff and Raid would be my highlights - they're big enough to allow for different playstyles, but small enough that no parts of the maps are left unused.

Hackney Yard, Gun Runner and Sawmill are all strong maps out of the new ones IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hackney Yard, Gun Runner and Sawmill are all strong maps out of the new ones IMO.

I hate Gun Runner. So so much.

I have no sense for where anyone is going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It seems that shotguns are plentiful this time around...unfortunately! I'm shíte with them!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

the floor Origin is nasty up close

the floor Origin is nasty up close

I prefer to be as far away as possible! :lol:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

you'd have to query the devs thinking here. "How do we combat the camping problem?"
    "Let's make a shotgun OP and drop it for free."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Is cranked the only game mode in that 24x7 playlist?? Every F*****n game it’s cranked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

X box nat type is open but on call of duty it tells me moderate.

How do i get it to open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

X box nat type is open but on call of duty it tells me moderate.

How do i get it to open?

Open ports:
    TCP:53, 80, 3074, 3075, 3076
    UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3075, 3076 3544, 4500

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

First win of the new season there this afternoon. Prefer the final circle being back this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

First win of the new season there this afternoon. Prefer the final circle being back this way.

Had a final circle on stadium. I died 5th, but the final three ended up all choking out on three different floors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Doff wrote: »
    Open ports:
    TCP:53, 80, 3074, 3075, 3076
    UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3075, 3076 3544, 4500

My router took away dmz for xbox. Reset it and seems to sorted it

Hit a guy with a car, sent him flying through the air, smashed off a wall, landed on his feet and somehow managed to kill me.
    Ventured into the stadium for the first time and found a shotgun, everyone else was very unhappy. Quite like buyback solos but I'm terribad at it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Finally got a warzone victory! I was downed and team mate got final kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

What’s the thoughts on the new mp maps. Have to say the oil rig map is just a mess. Can’t seem to get any flow to it. Just constantly getting shot in the back/sides etc.

The other one some games are good others are terrible. Seems to be easy to spawn trap a team in tdm

oil rig - shotgun
    other one - claymores and a gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Came 2nd in back to back quads games tonight

So close

played a few rounds of mini royale last night - have to say, I quite enjoy it. got a 2nd place finish with 10 kills where it was down to me vs a team of 2, unfortunately, plates were not to be found and I fumbled the final engagement.

• Advertisement

yeah it's quite good, I only played a couple of games with randoms but fun was had

bare bones playlist coming this week, no killstreaks, no perks and no field upgrades.. lovely

also coming is the Harddcore TDM & Kill confrimed playlist and the Shoothouse & Shipment 24/7 shoot the ship

they have done a pretty good job of mixing it up. I'm working on camo challenges for smgs but with the lack of small maps was a bit stuck on the kills after reloading, realised later I could have done it on the farmstead one.
    I kind of wish they kept in an ultra small map for this kind of stuff

they have done a pretty good job of mixing it up. I'm working on camo challenges for smgs but with the lack of small maps was a bit stuck on the kills after reloading, realised later I could have done it on the farmstead one.
    I kind of wish they kept in an ultra small map for this kind of stuff

shipment is back this week ;)

i used Livestock Face Off to max out the AN 94 and ISO and unlock the swords, wokring on the camos now

aye I've always likes the small maps. Even on Warzone when I'm being hunted I'll look for a room the size of a cupboard and think come at me f****rs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Loving the stadium so far. It can be absolute carnage if there's a cash helicopter pad in there in Plunder mode.

Its taking me a while to adjust to the fact that stadium is open now, it used to be a handy barrier to make rotations around in late game as people rarely bothered looting or using the shops there before.
    Train station interior is jam packed with loot also, more than enough stuff to fully kit out a team of 4.

aye I've always likes the small maps. Even on Warzone when I'm being hunted I'll look for a room the size of a cupboard and think come at me f****rs

Otherwise known as camping!

I've been enjoying the Multiplayer this past couple of days. I'd never dipped into it before. Great way to level up weapons! I also had a couple of goes at the mini BR. It's great if you want a quick game.

• Advertisement

Having A LOT of problems with the game connecting to Xbox live the last couple of days.

Advertisement