Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dom on Rust is just Rust with flags. Those small maps are just for mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭circadian

I've become a godless asshole and adopted the origin 12 with a 25 round drum as my weapon of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

circadian wrote: »
    I've become a godless asshole and adopted the origin 12 with a 25 round drum as my weapon of choice.

10 headshots left with 680 then I’ll be joining you :)

Rust can join the maps I don’t enjoy as well. Don’t understand how they seem to make remastered maps worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ran care package yesterday as it was part of the daily challenge to get 15 of them. They seem to be a fair bit more generous than previous cod's, got a chopper gunner, support chopper and a sentry gun all in one match along with a few cluster strikes. Might consider running it more often tbh.

• Advertisement

Playing tdm on shipment and being comfortably beaten all game, 4-6 kills behind. About 3/4s way through got a care pack......gunship. Time stops, a montage plays in my head of me dying over and over again trying to pick up my cp on small maps.
    I die three times trying to equp it. But then. Double kill, double kill, bouncing people all over the place. At 74-74 my main gun reloads and I fire
    No game makes me crazy like this

I've never been one to apologise for using cheesy guns but for some reason hadn't used the 725 outside of gunfight. I'd maxed out my smgs and needed a new gun for shipment. Picked one off the floor in Rust earlier, got a harrier and apparently became immortal.
    Slapped a laser and sawn off barrel on it and dear Lord, it's absolutely filthy.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never been one to apologise for using cheesy guns but for some reason hadn't used the 725 outside of gunfight. I'd maxed out my smgs and needed a new gun for shipment. Picked one off the floor in Rust earlier, got a harrier and apparently became immortal.
    Slapped a laser and sawn off barrel on it and dear Lord, it's absolutely filthy.

It’s my last shotgun to get gold just started on it tonight.

Anyone else have a problem with the officer challenges not tracking. Had about 7 done last. Igbo and now none of them show complete but not adding up in game either

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

thats you're problem right there.

rust is objectively awful for dom. (and every other mode too :pac:).

Only reason I was playing them was to up the JOKR Attacker/Defender kills as those small maps are the only ones to guarantee those challenges. But in general, Dom is being ruined by run n gunners who don't play the objective. I've just started to back out of games where my team are blatantly just going for kills. I know it messes my Battle Pass progression, but I don't care any more.

And Dom on Rust is actually quite enjoyable when both teams are playing the objective. It's not as bad as Shipment, which is just madness. At least in Rust you can spawn and not immediately die again!

Only reason I was playing them was to up the JOKR Attacker/Defender kills as those small maps are the only ones to guarantee those challenges. But in general, Dom is being ruined by run n gunners who don't play the objective. I've just started to back out of games where my team are blatantly just going for kills. I know it messes my Battle Pass progression, but I don't care any more.

And Dom on Rust is actually quite enjoyable when both teams are playing the objective. It's not as bad as Shipment, which is just madness. At least in Rust you can spawn and not immediately die again!

headquarters on rust is actually good fun, although it could have been the fact that I was just in a lobby where everyone was playing the objective, and we only had a few tower goblins heading up top now and again. Its actually a pretty good map for getting pistol kills I've found. (I just want at least one set of Akimbo's to see what they're like).

The other new map (shopping centre one), I'm not quite sure of yet, as it only comes into rotation every now and again. theres lots of long sightlines and fiddly areas that are hard to traverse without getting killed by someone hiding.

• Advertisement

I had a lot of fun unlocking akimbo for the pistols. They're pretty decent on small maps, you'll still get burned by primaries but probably do better than expected. The akimbo snakeshot are ridiculous on shipment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

7GB download.
    Patch Update 1.15 for Modern now live – New Gunfight Map and More

https://charlieintel.com/patch-update-1-15-for-modern-now-live/59452/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i just hope they included a fix to that green icon flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

A mode taking tanks out of GW.

It's saying something when I see the patch is 7GBs and I think "Ah, that's not so bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dlaughingcow

Hey e’erybody! I played with a lot of Boards folk years and years ago, are any of the BO1 X Box crowd still around?

Playing on the PlayStation now, do Boards still have groups that play regularly?

If any older folk wanna add me my tag is tricky-picnic! Nine days of in game frustration trying to catch that B flag on my lonesome, tis a horrible life xD

Mr.S wrote: »
    What's the "Classified" section on the home screen?

All rumors point to a type of battle royale that hasn't launched yet. 37 days left in the current season, so we might not see it until then.

Went all out dor domination yesterday in shoothouse, capped B continuously, went 1-22 and we still lost. actually I may have been the reason for the loss

my new favourite thing is hiding in a container in shipment and doing a finishing move when someone spawns in
    I'm beyond redemption

Why does the 725 have stupid long shots to get the gold camo? None of the other shotguns needed it. It’s a pain to get

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I prefer using the Shield on shipment and just going around bashing people :D

Going for gold on that, only have to do the 3 kills in 1 life, 8/25 done.

Stuck on the Longshot and Mounted challenges for the FAL. Painful. All other camos unlocked, and only at 39/100 for longshot and 22/100 for mounted. Mounted kills are basically making me a sitting duck, FAL hasn't a hope against the likes of the PPsH, MP5, M4A1, etc. Saying that, it was the first gun I've used and managed to get a Jugg in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Stuck on the Longshot and Mounted challenges for the FAL. Painful. All other camos unlocked, and only at 39/100 for longshot and 22/100 for mounted. Mounted kills are basically making me a sitting duck, FAL hasn't a hope against the likes of the PPsH, MP5, M4A1, etc. Saying that, it was the first gun I've used and managed to get a Jugg in!

Shoothouse is yer only man, just plonk yourself up on the table and mount the wall and just snipe everybody in the middle lane, killing people mounting he wall at the other end count as long shots as well so double bubble with your efforts. Get killed you normally just spawn to the other end.... easy peasy

You mightn't be very popular in an objective game but hey you can flex you gold cammo afterwards :o

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Does anyone else just play COD for the fun of it or is it all players looking to complete challenges and what not? I just go in with what i unlock through ranking up and that's it. Id have no interest in doing much else. :D

I play for an hour even two and turn it off. I see some players with fancy weapons and upgrades but they still die just as much. Id still come out on top many times so is all the effort some people put into the game really worth it? Not having a go at anyone and what they do in the game (apart from campers..i love getting them) just curious is all.

My younglad stopped playing it because he took it too seriously...even though he wont admit that is why he stopped playing it. It is a fun game if it is played in the manner it should be played...all out war :D

I actually had a few games on Shoothouse last night and basically did that. I've learned the FAL with the massive silencer, extended barrel, sniper type stock and the Thermal Hybrid is beast! Got my Longshots up to 52 and mounted up to 39.

Only 14 'Ground' support killstreaks left to destroy to get the gold JOKR, and only the RPG left for the Platinum camo on launchers then (unless it's lumped in with something else, like the Marksman and Sniper rifles). Slowly getting closer to the Damascus, and I see people already have it and I'm like HOW!!!

As for the challenges, it's what keeps me coming back. Otherwise I'd rage quit ages ago and never play it again. It's a purpose to keep playing. The idea of using the same weapons over and over just because i'd be beast doesn't appeal to me. I actually cringe for people who just run M4A1 or MP5 builds as standard. Still really enjoy it, even if some weapons cause serious rage at times, ie: don't try using a FAL on Shipment!

If it wasn’t for the challenges I’d have stopped playing ages ago. Main reason I still come back to it.

Have the smgs and shotguns platinum and most of the ARs just need long shots and mounted left except the FAL and oden I think. Going to work on them next

Just the knife left for Damascus, I finished Dark Matter on the knife in BlOps4, so decided to do same on MW.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just the knife left for Damascus, I finished Dark Matter on the knife in BlOps4, so decided to do same on MW.

As a matter of interest, how many hours have you put in, and in general, how?!

As a matter of interest, how many hours have you put in, and in general, how?!

Total time spent says 11 days.

I only decided fairly recently to go for Damascus(not as nice as Dark Matter).
    The how was I just swapped to the next weapon when I got gold.

I went through the ARs, LMGs and SMGs fairly quickly.
    That left me with the snipers, marksmen, shotguns, shield and knife.
    I always had a rocket launcher, so apart from the Jokr taking a bit longer than the others, fairly flew through them.

If I was doing it again, I'd mix it up, going from shotguns to marksmen to snipers was fairly tedious.

• Advertisement

Jesus, I thought I was playing a lot with nearly 1 day 15 hours total! I don't feel as bad now.

I've LMG and Marksman done, doing AR now, then i'll do either shotgun or sniper before SMG, and whichever is left then. Will be done with launchers soon, so i'll probably try the shield/knife then and leave pistols for last.

Advertisement