Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The launchers and riot shield are supposed to be painful. I'm not too bothered as I won't be going for Damascus. I'm dreading long shots. I have several smgs maxed and about 4 longshots, thinking about doing it for pistols is making me feel ill.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The launchers and riot shield are supposed to be painful. I'm not too bothered as I won't be going for Damascus. I'm dreading long shots. I have several smgs maxed and about 4 longshots, thinking about doing it for pistols is making me feel ill.

Launchers aren't too bad, it's just the defender/attacker ones that are painful, especially with the Jokr.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm not bothering with the camo grind, If they come during play, well and good, but otherwise, meh. and tbh, I quite like a few of the skulls and topographic ones that I have already.

The rank challenges are much more enjoyable though, particularly as its possible to work on 4 or 5 of them at a time. (as in win 10 matches of dom, kills with smgs, kills with 3 attachments) etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'm not bothering with the camo grind, If they come during play, well and good, but otherwise, meh. and tbh, I quite like a few of the skulls and topographic ones that I have already.

The rank challenges are much more enjoyable though, particularly as its possible to work on 4 or 5 of them at a time. (as in win 10 matches of dom, kills with smgs, kills with 3 attachments) etc etc.
    Yes enjoying working on those along with Daily/weekly challenges and the operator challenges, plenty to keep us busy!

Yes enjoying working on those along with Daily/weekly challenges and the operator challenges, plenty to keep us busy!

I've one where i have to kill enemies near smoke, i dont know if its bugged or what, but cannot for the life of me get kills to register. I migh have to wait for shipment 24/7 for that one.

also - are anyone else's commedations messed up? after every match I get medals for playing infected, yet I've only ever played that gamemode once?:confused:

• Advertisement

how do you do a finishing move? I presume you stab someone from behind. I've had a few daily and operator challenges where that's come up. I've completed them but for the life of me can't remember doing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

how do you do a finishing move? I presume you stab someone from behind. I've had a few daily and operator challenges where that's come up. I've completed them but for the life of me can't remember doing one.

Hold down melee button when you are behind an enemy from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I've one where i have to kill enemies near smoke, i dont know if its bugged or what, but cannot for the life of me get kills to register. I migh have to wait for shipment 24/7 for that one.

also - are anyone else's commedations messed up? after every match I get medals for playing infected, yet I've only ever played that gamemode once?:confused:

Yes it's very picky regarding smoke I did it last season using shipment, hopefully it will be back tomorrow as part of the shoottheRustyShipb playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They badly need to do something about the points earned in Dom. I'm nearly the only person now who stays in the point to capture it, with everyone else running through it and getting the same points. I lost count of the amount of games we could have won if people played the objective instead of kills. It's infuriating.

I don't mind nearly all the maps. Shipment had found a purpose for me, the attack/defend launcher challenges. Got 11 attacks and 4 defends with the JOKR the other night. But that map is just not coming up in rotation anymore. Not too bothered, it still annoys me greatly. I am enjoying Rust though. Like someone else mentioned, it seems bigger and haven't gotten spawn trapped yet.

I'm going for the Damascus camo. Have LMG's and Marksman (of which the Platinum doesn't unlock until you have the Snipers completed too) complete, and have the PILA and Strela with gold, half way to the JOKR, and working on Sniper/AR now, but like above, the Longshot on AR's will be painful. Is there a longshot challenge on SMGs?! Seems counterproductive if so...

But Dom, they need to sort it out. And bring back 10v10 Dom by itself!

Is there a longshot challenge on SMGs?! Seems counterproductive if so...

yeah and pistols but the distance isn't as far as with the ARS, LMGs or Snipers,
    I'm fairly sure you can do both in shipment

• Advertisement

If anything, I think that shows laziness. SMG's are not distance weapons. The real-life effective range of an MP7 is 200m (Ak47 is 400m and a 9mm handgun is about 100m). Seems like challenges for 10v10 Dom on Hardcore!

I keep forgetting I can do camo challenges on hardcore

Forgot I had a little freakout last night on the new Atlas Superstore map. It's a cool map, but a very edgy one where at any time you could be shot from 10 different places. Some great games on it, and even got a gunship one night, most kills I've gotten in a life (not including killstreak kills). Anyway, I was near their spawn and a load of them spawned as I was about to go for the flag. I ran back in, and could hear a few coming so I waited inside the door to get them on the way in. Next thing I'm lit up like Predator is looking at me and bang, shotgun to the back of the head (he jumped through a window). Watched the replay and indeed, I lit up like Predators prey. Thought it was a new throwable or glitch. Turns out it's the snapshot grenade.

Didn't know they did that, or at least can't remember them doing that. Maybe they were changed. I went from nearly reporting someone for cheating/hacking to using it myself!

no-one uses snapshot grenades, there's a perk that counters it and no one uses that either
    they seem like a good idea but i've only been lit up a few times, maybe it's the game modes I play. actually now I think of it I must use them on shipment next times it's up 24/7

yeah and pistols but the distance isn't as far as with the ARS, LMGs or Snipers,
    I'm fairly sure you can do both in shipment

It’s 30m for the long shots on the smgs I think. I got most of them on hardcore shoothouse. Exclusive ace did a video on the distances for each class.

Found it

https://youtu.be/41EHbc5uFJs

no-one uses snapshot grenades, there's a perk that counters it and no one uses that either
    they seem like a good idea but i've only been lit up a few times, maybe it's the game modes I play. actually now I think of it I must use them on shipment next times it's up 24/7

Battle hardened counters it now as far as I remember used to be ghost

heroics wrote: »
    Battle hardened counters it now as far as I remember used to be ghost

Ghost definitely doesn't!

It used to which is why most people didn’t notice snapshot grenades as they ran ghost. After the last patch it was moved to battle hardened along with gas resistance which makes it a much more viable perk now especially on shipment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Ghost definitely counters it, but been a while since I played anyway. I mentioned it a good while ago. Unless they changed it?

edit:
    Just saw the next reply!

Yeah, that must have been it. Not too annoyed tbh, Ghost is too powerful, along with Dead Silence which makes no sense imo. Would make sense if you were only running a knife class, being all ninja and stuff, but a fully outfitted soldier with perks, equipment, 1 or 2 guns or even a launcher, and being able to make no noise...

I'll never understand the cut off for realism vs fun in CoD. It gets given out to for not being realistic, but when it tries to be realistic people give out.

I just don't like Dead Silence...

• Advertisement

Does anyone use the heartbeat sensor? I've never even equipped it, I cant imagine you'd have time to be looking at it in regular play, particularly when you're always seconds away from death!

I never even used it in MW2, tbh I rarely see the benefit of UAV's they just confuse me.

I never even used it in MW2, tbh I rarely see the benefit of UAV's they just confuse me.

really? I find the UAV and personal radars to be very useful (moreso in season 1 when everyone wasnt running ghost). I don't run high killstreaks (cause I cant get em :( ), so I typically rock radar, uav or counter uav and cruise missile.

yeah I've never been able to use UAV's. It's kind of like dyslexia or something because I know they are universally liked.
    Typically I'll run whatever the daily is for a killstreak or if I have an operator challenge. Like call in 10 care packages or get 25 kills with the shield turret. Otherwise it's CP (because I obviously hate myself), Pred and Harrier. I do tend to use hardline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

really? I find the UAV and personal radars to be very useful (moreso in season 1 when everyone wasnt running ghost). I don't run high killstreaks (cause I cant get em :( ), so I typically rock radar, uav or counter uav and cruise missile.

I used to use cruise missile but I kept getting maps like azhir cave where everybody was under cover. I use personal radar, care package and vtol these days. Only got vtol twice though.....

yeah I've never been able to use UAV's. It's kind of like dyslexia or something because I know they are universally liked.
    Typically I'll run whatever the daily is for a killstreak or if I have an operator challenge. Like call in 10 care packages or get 25 kills with the shield turret. Otherwise it's CP (because I obviously hate myself), Pred and Harrier. I do tend to use hardline though.

I got a gunship at the weekend from a care package, got 0 kills cause I couldnt figure out what to do with it, just as i realised you could change gun type, it was shot down. feelsbadman.jpg

I got a gunship from a care package on Shipment and spent 30 seconds thinking this must be what it's like to be Sandy Ravage

Anyone else get massive frame drops when up on the tower in rust?

It’s like as though I’m lagging like crazy but if I climb down ladder it goes back to normal. Really annoying

Man, they really need to fix the scoring in Dom. I'm like a broken record at this stage, but I think about 95% of people playing Dom don't play the objective. What's worse is they get the full 100 points and a capture on the scorecard even though they just run through it.

As Dom is my main game mode, its putting me off playing. Just rage quit from a dom match on Rust as I was the only one on my team capturing.

• Advertisement

Man, they really need to fix the scoring in Dom. I'm like a broken record at this stage, but I think about 95% of people playing Dom don't play the objective. What's worse is they get the full 100 points and a capture on the scorecard even though they just run through it.

As Dom is my main game mode, its putting me off playing. Just rage quit from a dom match on Rust as I was the only one on my team capturing.

thats you're problem right there.

rust is objectively awful for dom. (and every other mode too :pac:)

I will say, I quite like the NVG reinforce gamemode, you'd definitely be better of in a team with proper comms though.

Advertisement