Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

resale tickets can be got a little below regular cost, even when taking into account the extra TM fees

resale standing ticket.
    Cost Breakdown
    Tickets 1
    €90.00
    Service Charge (inc VAT)
    €13.50
    Handling Fee
    €2.50
    Total to Pay
    €106.00

regular standing ticket
    1 Full Price Ticket
    €103.61 x 1
    Standing, U16s Must Be Accomp., By An Adult
    €103.61
    Fees
    €7.15 (Service Charge) x 1
    €7.15
    Subtotal
    €110.76

Bigger saving on gold circle standing

resale ticket
    Cost Breakdown
    Tickets 1
    €120.00
    Service Charge (inc VAT)
    €18.00
    Handling Fee
    €2.50
    Total to Pay
    €140.50

regular price
    1 Full Price Ticket
    €166.08 x 1
    Gold Circle - Standing, U16s Must Be Accomp., By An Adult
    €166.08
    Fees
    €7.15 (Service Charge) x 1
    €7.15
    Subtotal
    €173.23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

On sale now - HELMET Live at The Button Factory, Monday 7 October

Tickets €25.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Could turn into another Counting Crows with 3 giving away tickets to fill the place up a bit.

I've stopped buying tickets to some gigs I know won't sell out in the hope I'll pick up a free one from the app.
    Fingers crossed for the Wu Tang, Public Enemy, We La Soul gig in 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

lc180 wrote: »
    I've stopped buying tickets to some gigs I know won't sell out in the hope I'll pick up a free one from the app.

the 3 app?
    Need to be a customer I suppose ? :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tom Grennan announced as support for Stereophonics in Trinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Lads id say its safe to say that there isnt going to be any additional acts going to be announced for Slane considering its nearly a month away. Looking at their most recent show last night it looks like it will be a class gig. It will be a long day if there are only going to be two acts over 6 hours hopefully they announce something cause its a bit of a pisstake at this stage

Imagine they’ll have to move gates to 5ish then, there’s no way they’d keep it as early with 2 acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they'll probably just put a couple of small irish acts on the bill when they release the set times, or a week or 2 before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Imagine they’ll have to move gates to 5ish then, there’s no way they’d keep it as early with 2 acts!

Gates open as early as 1pm on the day for some packages like the one i got and i think its an hour later then for others i think not sure though. They are posting more about it anyway on mcd so hopefully be hearing something. Looks like an unreal gig and they are playing deeper cuts it seems compared to the standard same songs. Itll more than likely be smaller acts so they can keep the profits

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

lc180 wrote: »

That temptation is there. I suppose the worst thing that can happen is that you delay the purchase of tickets to a night or 2 before the concert instead of a day or 2 after going on sale. I nearly bought tickets for Counting Crows at €80 each. Thought the tickets were steep. Ended up getting them free from 3. Hootie tickets are very reasonable I think in comparison to Counting Crows.
    greenspurs wrote: »
    the 3 app?
    Need to be a customer I suppose ? :P

Ya, it's a rewards thing for 3 customers.

How does it work when they give out the tickets do three buy them and give them out or are they written off and given away for free cause they cant get rid off them. Ive been to three gigs last year from it and the tickets were very steep for some like Robert Plant , Counting Crows the Star Wars gig ranging from 60-90 euro etc. It's great to have but is there any way of knowing that a certain gig will definitely have tickets given away for it. I suppose it's just find out if they arent selling great i wouldnt be at all surprised if mariah carey gig does it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

How does it work when they give out the tickets do three buy them and give them out or are they written off and given away for free cause they cant get rid off them. Ive been to three gigs last year from it and the tickets were very steep for some like Robert Plant , Counting Crows the Star Wars gig ranging from 60-90 euro etc. It's great to have but is there any way of knowing that a certain gig will definitely have tickets given away for it. I suppose it's just find out if they arent selling great i wouldnt be at all surprised if mariah carey gig does it

I suppose 3 will get a certain allocation of tickets as they sponsor the Arena (they may well get more if ticket sales are poor). The venue selection has been strange for some artists, especially those past the peak of their fame. As another poster mentioned Livenation own the arena and are linked to MCD so I suppose that helps keep costs down. The downside is potentially a lot of unsold tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Didn't know where else to post this, but it looks like Bodytonic are set to take over the Wright Venue in Swords.

This would be much needed good news for dance music in Dublin with Hangar closing recently and District 8 closing this month. Bodytonic are excellent promoters who currently run Beatyard festival, Wigwam, The Bernard Shaw and other bars around the city. It would be exciting to see what they have planned for a venue with such a large capacity (just for comparison District 8 is around 1,000-1,500 , Vicar Street around 1,500, Olympia 1,200) and it would hopefully mean we would see more mid-sized acts coming to Ireland as there are not many other venues with a capacity more than 1,500.

Personally as someone who doesn't live in Dublin, it would be a bit of a pain in the arse getting out to Swords for a late night gig but might be manageable every once in a while. I would presume they will continue with their more intimate bookings in venues like Wigwam or the Bernard Shaw. Especially with the closure of D8 later this month you would expect there to be ~1,000 clubbers looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday night so definitely a gap in the market I would think.

Bodytonic email:
    howdy folks,

Apologies for the length of this email, if someone sent me one this long, I'd probably have deleted it by now.

Every now and then we do something different or worth talking about in more detail, and next month will be one of those when we launch a new space in Swords called Jam Park. We've been hard at work stripping, breaking and painting the new place. Its very reminiscent of the days when we started the Shaw, everyone is mucking in and working hard its amazing to see. We're hosting a bit of a launch party May for BT members, family & friends with a strict BYO red carpet policy. To get an invite sign up here. We aim to open early May and the launch party towards the end of the month. Depends how long this painting goes on

We'll add more pages to the website next week, and we'll announce our summer events before the end of April, and then from Sept-Dec we've a massive range of all sorts of events on, more on that to follow soon. If you're interested in putting something on here, from conferences to sneaker festival to music to art or lego exhibitions - we'll be doing all of that, and much much more, so get in touch via the website. Or keep an eye on the website/social/mailing list as theres lot of news to come.

Jam Park - why?

No doubt some of you folks will think this is an unusual move, either the size of it, or the location. Maybe to some of you who've been on this list since day 1, you might not be too surprised. There was a time when us starting the Bernard Shaw was considered mad. 'No one goes to pubs' & 'wheres south Richmond street?' were common refrains we started the Shaw, and we copped the same flak and cynics when we moved northside to Abbey St to start the Twisted Pepper in '08 too. The simple fact is we go where we find the spaces. Ideas and people drive what we do, not locations or fear. We've an amazing in house team at Jam Park, and a team of promoters, artists, friends, event organisers and creative people who are all simply too good at what they do, for us to turn down a space like this, simply because the location isn't 'easy' .

You can think of Jam Park as like a much bigger Shaw, with dedicated 'event spaces' or as a small, weekly Beatyard style space. It will have bars, a restaurant, rooftop, outdoor & indoor spaces, and lots of room for dancing. It's an adults playground , but you can bring your kids if you want too, they just need to be gone by evening time. We'll have levels of all sorts of games, a main room for talks, conferences, live shows, club shows. Our club shows might start at midday. or 6pm. They might end at 11pm. Every Sunday we'll run Market Park which is a weekly popup market dedicated to food, drinks, flea, crafts, demos, talks run by our Eatyard gang with music & djs most weeks. Everything we've been doing for the last 15 years, and everything you have supported us on over that period, we will do at Jam Park. And just to be straight up, we won't get this right from the start. We don't do perfection, we don't do picture perfect Instagram accounts, and we don't get 5 star reviews from the press. But most people tend to understand, and get it - eventually ! Like Club Tropicana, membership here is just a smiling face. None of that drinks are free malarky though, down with that sort of thing.

Dublin City centre is changing, and rather than moan about it, we'll just go where we find the spaces. We're never gonna be in the best locations, in the 'easy to get to' places. If you like what we do and are passionate about going to & supporting our ideas, then make the effort. Nothing good in this life is easy. Running parties in Meath wasn't easy, or Voodoo, Shaw or the Pepper. Or for that party we ran on Red Rock beach You getting to them wasn't easy either, right?!! Took us a whole day to get that sound system to the beach ! They were really hard ideas to make happen, and most of the time, most people didn't get it at first. Neither do we ! Then, and now, we play the long game. We've had some bad ideas we've ditched , but if it's a good one and we keep at it, sooner or later, if we get it, people will get it....you will get it ! We'll do it together.

Dublin is the best city in the world, and it deserves a big space for people to put on new big bold ideas, take a chance, be artistic, be creative, and try something new, big and bold. And the breathing space to stick at it until it clicks. F**k easy. Play the long game.

new email, they're running rooftop outdoor events with international DJs, Palms Trax, Optimo, Kornel Kovacs, Project Pablo announced so far.
    https://www.jam-park.com/whats-on/
    Jam Park

Secondly, last week we announced our first round of Jam Park events which give a good flavour of what to expect from the space. A mix of games, music, sport, food & drink. The things that get us up in the morning! Special mention of course goes to the Motel parties - rooftop, daytime, massive buzz. All we have to do is pray for sun ��. For you our dear old BT members, we're doing a special 33% off all Motel events - just use the promo code <snip> to avail.

Check out what we've got below

Champions Cup Final - May 11 - BOOK NOW

Premiership Final Day - May 12 - BOOK NOW

BINGO LOCO - May 17 - BOOK NOW

Game of Thrones Season Finale - May 20 - BOOK NOW

Synthesis Exhibition Launch - May 23 - LEARN MORE

Kidsyard Family Rave - May 26 - BOOK NOW

Champions League Final - June 1 - BOOK NOW

First Market Park - June 2 - LEARN MORE

Denmark v Ireland - June 6 - BOOK NOW

Screenyard: Anchorman - June 13 - BOOK NOW

Cooks But We're Chefs - June 15 - BOOK NOW

Kornel Kovacs - June 22 - BOOK NOW

Project Pablo - July 6 - BOOK NOW

Marcelo D2 - July 7 - BOOK NOW

Gin Fusion - July 20 - LEARN MORE

Palms Trax - July 27 - BOOK NOW

Optimo - August 24 - BOOK NOW

packages-7.jpg

packages-6.jpg
    Level 3: The Rooftop & Eatery

Rooftop Capacity: 300 standing | 100 seated

Our open air and fully heated rooftop can be hired for all sorts of events & parties – rooftop fitness, themed film parties, BBQs, brand pop-ups, non traditional AGMs or 4-a side football, you dream it up!

The space has its own private entrance separate to the main venue, as well as its own bar.

Specs:

House PA
    1 x 4K lumen projector
    1 x 2m motorised projector screen
    1 x 65″ HD plasma

*please note volume restrictions may apply.

The Eatery Capacity: 120 Seated | 250 Standing/Seated

Our bright and airy Eatery can host up to 120 covers a la carte, or up to 250 for a canapés reception. Please note as the Eatery is open to the public 7 days a week, we can only honour private hire on specific occasions.

also, looks like they've turned one of the main rooms into a new club, which District 8 will be running, going by the District8 social media posts in the last couple of days

on Jam Park website:

jp-band.jpg

pic by District 8:

D8-1-1080-4-1024x1024.png

https://www.jam-park.com/space-hire/
    Level 1: Event Space

Capacity: 1200 standing | 350 seated

Our event space is fully modular and available for concerts, conferences, work parties, screenings, comedy, quizzes, exhibitions and activations.

The space includes 3 bars, 150 cap outdoor terrace with bar, cloakroom and a stand alone exhibition space

Specs:
    Funktion One PA
    House lighting rig
    1 x 10K lumen projector
    1 x 4m motorised screen
    4 x 65″ HD plasma screen
    1 x FOH video matrix
    Standard house backline (Mics, DIs & stands)

*please note on all event space bookings we require advance payment in full and a copy of organiser’s public liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That looks pretty cool. The day parties sound like they would be fun and some good DJs lined up for the first couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a bit lucky and got a ticket too the saving grace gig in theatre royal in July

Never saw Robert Plant before and have no idea what too expect from this. It's all acoustic so I doubt there will any zeppelin songs

Great too see someone of that calibre in such a small venue and my home city too

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got a bit lucky and got a ticket too the saving grace gig in theatre royal in July

Never saw Robert Plant before and have no idea what too expect from this. It's all acoustic so I doubt there will any zeppelin songs

Great too see someone of that calibre in such a small venue and my home city too

The setlist is online for that tour i was tempted but he hardly plays any zeppelin. Went to the bluesfest show last year from the three app. Hes class in fairness he sti has his voice unlike most acts his age

More standing tickets released for that gods of rap tour. I reckon theyll be given out on the three app soon cause it seems to have not sold well

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

2 Door Cinema Club are playing the Olympia on the 15th October and Belfast on the 16th October

laros wrote: »
    2 Door Cinema Club are playing the Olympia on the 15th October and Belfast on the 16th October

Any idea how the pre-sale works do you have to pre-order their album cause id rather get the tickets than have to scramble to get then on the friday

The Villagers are playing in Cyprus Avenue on the 19th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Villagers are playing in Cyprus Avenue on the 19th of July

On a Friday night too,great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Any idea how the pre-sale works do you have to pre-order their album cause id rather get the tickets than have to scramble to get then on the friday
    No purchase necessary. Click the second last line on this page, you will be emailed a code for presale access:

http://www.twodoorcinemaclub.com/dome/#ex1

No purchase necessary. Click the second last line on this page, you will be emailed a code for presale access:

http://www.twodoorcinemaclub.com/dome/#ex1

Thanks but i think thats for gigs years ago haha I just signed up to the usual newsletters and all that stuff. Thanks anyway

Anyone who wants to get two door cinema tickets the pre-sale links are on their facebook page for both gigs with no code required

Stiff little fingers and fangclub announced as the support for Slane

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Grace Carter announced as support for Janelle Monae

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Josh Ritter has announced a second date in the NCH 28th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rodrigo y Gabriela back again

Olympia Theatre
    Thursday 19 September

Tickets go on sale Friday 17 May at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any rumblings of a Sounds From A Safe Harbour announcement?

Already have hotel booked in Cork in preparation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haha I've booked a free cancellation jobby too :pac:

Have to think it will be soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

maximoose wrote: »
    Haha I've booked a free cancellation jobby too :pac:
    Ditto... not bloody cheap either so am hoping I won't need all of them! :D

Advertisement