Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Didn't know where else to post this, but it looks like Bodytonic are set to take over the Wright Venue in Swords.

This would be much needed good news for dance music in Dublin with Hangar closing recently and District 8 closing this month. Bodytonic are excellent promoters who currently run Beatyard festival, Wigwam, The Bernard Shaw and other bars around the city. It would be exciting to see what they have planned for a venue with such a large capacity (just for comparison District 8 is around 1,000-1,500 , Vicar Street around 1,500, Olympia 1,200) and it would hopefully mean we would see more mid-sized acts coming to Ireland as there are not many other venues with a capacity more than 1,500.

Personally as someone who doesn't live in Dublin, it would be a bit of a pain in the arse getting out to Swords for a late night gig but might be manageable every once in a while. I would presume they will continue with their more intimate bookings in venues like Wigwam or the Bernard Shaw. Especially with the closure of D8 later this month you would expect there to be ~1,000 clubbers looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday night so definitely a gap in the market I would think.

Bodytonic email:
    howdy folks,

Apologies for the length of this email, if someone sent me one this long, I'd probably have deleted it by now.

Every now and then we do something different or worth talking about in more detail, and next month will be one of those when we launch a new space in Swords called Jam Park. We've been hard at work stripping, breaking and painting the new place. Its very reminiscent of the days when we started the Shaw, everyone is mucking in and working hard its amazing to see. We're hosting a bit of a launch party May for BT members, family & friends with a strict BYO red carpet policy. To get an invite sign up here. We aim to open early May and the launch party towards the end of the month. Depends how long this painting goes on :)

We'll add more pages to the website next week, and we'll announce our summer events before the end of April, and then from Sept-Dec we've a massive range of all sorts of events on, more on that to follow soon. If you're interested in putting something on here, from conferences to sneaker festival to music to art or lego exhibitions - we'll be doing all of that, and much much more, so get in touch via the website. Or keep an eye on the website/social/mailing list as theres lot of news to come.

Jam Park - why?

content_WhatsApp_Image_2019-03-17_at_16.09.25.jpeg

No doubt some of you folks will think this is an unusual move, either the size of it, or the location. Maybe to some of you who've been on this list since day 1, you might not be too surprised. There was a time when us starting the Bernard Shaw was considered mad. 'No one goes to pubs' & 'wheres south Richmond street?' were common refrains we started the Shaw, and we copped the same flak and cynics when we moved northside to Abbey St to start the Twisted Pepper in '08 too. The simple fact is we go where we find the spaces. Ideas and people drive what we do, not locations or fear. We've an amazing in house team at Jam Park, and a team of promoters, artists, friends, event organisers and creative people who are all simply too good at what they do, for us to turn down a space like this, simply because the location isn't 'easy' .

You can think of Jam Park as like a much bigger Shaw, with dedicated 'event spaces' or as a small, weekly Beatyard style space. It will have bars, a restaurant, rooftop, outdoor & indoor spaces, and lots of room for dancing. It's an adults playground , but you can bring your kids if you want too, they just need to be gone by evening time. We'll have levels of all sorts of games, a main room for talks, conferences, live shows, club shows. Our club shows might start at midday. or 6pm. They might end at 11pm. Every Sunday we'll run Market Park which is a weekly popup market dedicated to food, drinks, flea, crafts, demos, talks run by our Eatyard gang with music & djs most weeks. Everything we've been doing for the last 15 years, and everything you have supported us on over that period, we will do at Jam Park. And just to be straight up, we won't get this right from the start. We don't do perfection, we don't do picture perfect Instagram accounts, and we don't get 5 star reviews from the press. But most people tend to understand, and get it - eventually ! Like Club Tropicana, membership here is just a smiling face. None of that drinks are free malarky though, down with that sort of thing.

Dublin City centre is changing, and rather than moan about it, we'll just go where we find the spaces. We're never gonna be in the best locations, in the 'easy to get to' places. If you like what we do and are passionate about going to & supporting our ideas, then make the effort. Nothing good in this life is easy. Running parties in Meath wasn't easy, or Voodoo, Shaw or the Pepper. Or for that party we ran on Red Rock beach :) You getting to them wasn't easy either, right?!! Took us a whole day to get that sound system to the beach ! They were really hard ideas to make happen, and most of the time, most people didn't get it at first. Neither do we ! Then, and now, we play the long game. We've had some bad ideas we've ditched , but if it's a good one and we keep at it, sooner or later, if we get it, people will get it....you will get it ! We'll do it together.

Dublin is the best city in the world, and it deserves a big space for people to put on new big bold ideas, take a chance, be artistic, be creative, and try something new, big and bold. And the breathing space to stick at it until it clicks. F**k easy. Play the long game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Bodytonic email...

That's an awesome email!
    Good luck to them, hope they can make it work out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Upgraded venue for Jenny Lewis

D33mRtHWsAEhq8E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The photographer must have caught Jenny unaware.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Kings Of Leon playing Liverpool 30th of August they may do a gig over here hopefully. They always do well whenever they play here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Kings Of Leon playing Liverpool 30th of August they may do a gig over here hopefully. They always do well whenever they play here

Second announcement for electric picnic I wonder ?

Rfrip wrote: »
    Second announcement for electric picnic I wonder ?

Im not going to Electric Picnic myself but yeah I could see them doing it. Would prefer them to do their own show but id say that'll happen when they release new music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just saw this when looking for Tame Impala tix -

kwhmcaK.png

Has ticketmaster finally turned good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'd actually joked this might happen as something similar happened for 'Flight of the Concords last year'...

Got this email this morning -

"Hello,

We're sure you can't wait for Demetri Martin in Vicar Street! We have just been advised this show has now changed date!

Take this down..
    This event, which was originally due to take place on the 14th April 2019, will now take place on Friday the 14th of February 2020 in the same venue!"

Raaaaaaaaaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Shlippery wrote: »
    I'd actually joked this might happen as something similar happened for 'Flight of the Concords last year'...

Got this email this morning -

"Hello,

We're sure you can't wait for Demetri Martin in Vicar Street! We have just been advised this show has now changed date!

Take this down..
    This event, which was originally due to take place on the 14th April 2019, will now take place on Friday the 14th of February 2020 in the same venue!"

Raaaaaaaaaging.

Basically a year later, not ideal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

maximoose wrote: »

Not at all,it's always gonna move toward dynamic pricing. Tickets may be of higher initial cost and if sales are slow prices will reflect as time goes on.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Basically a year later, not ideal

Pretty lame excuse too
    I'm working on a TV project and I can't travel at the same time
    Obviously sold no tickets .

Not at all,it's always gonna move toward dynamic pricing. Tickets may be of higher initial cost and if sales are slow prices will reflect as time goes on.
    Its long overdue at least you dont have to go on a 3rd party site to find reasonably priced tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Its long overdue at least you dont have to go on a 3rd party site to find reasonably priced tickets
    Careful what you wish for there. All that would change is tm would get the silly money people are willing to pay at first point of sale, instead of the resale sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think Munster had that with TM a season or two back. Kinda makes business sense even if it might not be best for fans. Guess anyone who buys early will be hardcore fans and won't mind paying up.

Have seen last few years friends getting below cost price tickets via people selling them on for gigs that aren't selling out. From TM's pov it's better to get a smaller percentage of a sale than no sale at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just saw this when looking for Tame Impala tix -

kwhmcaK.png

turned good?! not a fcuking chance! I take it you did not click to order? they include the original 7.15 per ticket service charge in the sellers price, and then lash on another outrageous service charge, and a handling fee for good luck.

SECTION
    BLOCKB
    ROW
    SEATS
    46 - 48
    Your seats will be together.
    Restrictions
    All prices listed exclude fees and charges. Under 16s to be accompanied by parent/guardian. Standing strictly over 14s only.
    Resale Tickets
    €76.90 each

Cost Breakdown
    Tickets 2
    €153.80
    Service Charge (inc VAT)
    €23.06
    Handling Fee
    €2.50
    Total to Pay
    €179.36

similar seats at the same gig

SEC
    BLOCKB
    ROW
    SEAT
    47-48

Tame Impala
    Order Details

Cancel Order
    2 Full Price Ticket
    €69.75 x 2
    U16s Must Be Acc'd, By A Parent/guardian, Tiered Seating, Block B
    €139.50
    Fees
    €7.15 (Service Charge) x 2
    €14.30
    Subtotal
    €153.80

so 12.78 extra per ticket.

I saw this first on the stevie wonder gig, the extra service charge was about 45euro or so for the 2 tickets so is obviously % based.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Nal wrote: »

Oh, fantastic. Whay a year this is turning out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lc180

Local Natives playing the Academy
    on Saturday 12 October 2019.

Big fan of these guys, apart from EP, they skipped us when touring the last album so glad to see them back.

Tickets on sale this Thursday at 10am https://t.co/a36GXIPe0Y https://t.co/UiApp4m0O9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Any idea of ticket price? Ridiculous you can't see it on ticketmaster site

• Advertisement

Any idea of ticket price? Ridiculous you can't see it on ticketmaster site

€27.50 plus fees

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Has anybody got a 3 presale code for the 2FM Christmas ball that they won’t be using please?? Daughters birthday and I think these could sell out fast when they go on sale 🙈 Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

3 are offering Mariah Carey tickets for €50 as a special reward.

Must be selling fairly abysmally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Has anybody got a 3 presale code for the 2FM Christmas ball that they won’t be using please?? Daughters birthday and I think these could sell out fast when they go on sale 🙈 Thanks

I'll send you one later when I get a hold of my work (3) phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

I can request one if you wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Has anybody got a 3 presale code for the 2FM Christmas ball that they won’t be using please?? Daughters birthday and I think these could sell out fast when they go on sale �� Thanks

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

Have a 3plus code going for a discounted Mariah Carey ticket, should anyone want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Local Natives playing Academy a Saturday in October. Presale here:

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800568CA01E872E?did=elaserp

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Darkness add a show in Cork, Monday in November before Dublin gig. 30e on sale tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mushy wrote: »
    The Darkness add a show in Cork, Monday in November before Dublin gig. 30e on sale tomorrow

anybody on the fence about seeing them... id highly recommend them.

always a great entertaining and fun occasion.

Advertisement