Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Huge 4 days for Rovers and the top of the league. They could be 13 points clear Friday night or just 4 with Dundalk having a game in hand

Hopefully Bohs can take some points off them tonight.

No support act? Not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm sure Nile Rodgers will stick his head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Huge 4 days for Rovers and the top of the league. They could be 13 points clear Friday night or just 4 with Dundalk having a game in hand

They're always playing here! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Support-ers ……………….. :cool: ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They usually only play a 90 minute set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

His band Walking Papers played the Pint(now the Wiley Fox/Sound House) in 2013 and Whelans Upstairs in 2018.
    Both small venues, he wouldn't have a hope of filling the Olympia

Yup I'd have to be paid to watch them rubbish band, one of my friends is a GnR nut he'd prob watch Duff play his own flute but he didn't go Whelans last time as Duff wasn't performing with them that night.

Last time he was in the Academy was with Loaded on a co-headline tour with Ugly Kid Joe (who prob sell more tickets) and yeah don't think was sold out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah maybe who knows haha Slash is playing up in Belfast as well in June dont know why he didnt come down south of the border for a date

Simple, ambitious venue adding Dublin would affect sales last album tour only Dublin was done (in the 3) plenty of free tickets on the go. Just one of those acts that can sell a Vicar st or an Olympia 2 or 3 times over no problem but still well undersell the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looking good so far icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

By the looks of it Rovers are having a split. Two members left already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Le Boom announced a Olympia Gig on Oct 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kiefer Sutherland
    Thu 17 Oct 2019 @ 7pm The Academy, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The boss Bruce Springsteen may be back but on his own according too a few online sources

October/November in the 3Arena

Lewis Capaldi announced a 2nd night in the 3 Arena next March

Who is that guy ???

Is he another Ed Sheeran type clone popular with the younger generation ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,261 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who is that guy ???

Is he another Ed Sheeran type clone popular with the younger generation ?

nope... Lewis has a personality

sydthebeat wrote: »
    nope... Lewis has a personality

Yea his instagram is actually brilliant even if you dont like his tunes.

Both nights now sold out

Both nights now sold out

Not bad for a somewhat plain looking guy but he sounds ok ftom some of the stuff I listened too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Both nights now sold out
    Does he even have an album ??
    Bizarre ,the hype about him.
    Obviously holding back a mountain load of tickets aka production holds.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Does he even have an album ??
    Bizarre ,the hype about him.
    Obviously holding back a mountain load of tickets aka production holds.

Album is due out soon from what i can see, I doubt there are many production seats being held back tbh with the size of his popularity which is rising. Even when he supported Picture This it looked like the place was pretty much full when he was on(which rarely happens for support acts)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not bad for a somewhat plain looking guy but he sounds ok ftom some of the stuff I listened too

:rolleyes: What ?

greenspurs wrote: »
    :rolleyes: What ?

He doesn't have those good boy band looks

Album is due out soon from what i can see, I doubt there are many production seats being held back tbh with the size of his popularity which is rising. Even when he supported Picture This it looked like the place was pretty much full when he was on(which rarely happens for support acts)

It must be kids buying all these tickets .
    2 dates sold out in Dublin and London hasnt even sold out yet in a smaller venue.
    2 dates for a guy without an album ,its crazy .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sweetie wrote: »
    Edwyn Collins playing Liberty hall and Belfast £24/€30 on sept 14th and 15th. Delighted!

That was so fcuking weird. A Girl Like You randomly popped into my head the night before that announcement. Also, has anyone seen the poster with that announcement? It's so bad it's funny. Worth looking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

2 dates sold out in Dublin and London hasnt even sold out yet in a smaller venue.
    not really, half my office was trying for tickets earlier, all 30s/40s. maybe you don't listen to the radio that often but he's constantly on the commercial stations.
    Wembley Arena is apparently sold out now (and only a few hundred smaller than the 3Arena), as are his 2 nights in the 13,000 capacity Glasgow SSE Hydro.
    not everything is a Ticketmaster conspiracy ;)

I thought the risky gigs were supposed to go on weekend nights too, only weekend night is in his hometown :confused:

D5EUbg7X4AASXaf.jpg:small

And the gig is in March 2020 ….. :eek:
    That is good going for a 'new' artist !?!

Id be shocked if we dont see him doing big outdoor shows during the summer of 2020 with probably headlining or subbing at EP.

As people have said whether people like him or not its a serious achievement for someone with no album out yet to sell out an arena tour nearly a year away. From a guy who played the Academy last year to selling out arena's is an accomplishment. For anyone going to Indie this year it will prob be the last time to see him in a small tent

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Layne

Good booking for Indiependence.
    They definitely have the finger on the pulse as he has been announced with months....

Layne wrote: »
    Good booking for Indiependence.
    They definitely have the finger on the pulse as he has been announced with months....

They had a few similiar bookings over the years like with Hozier, Walking on Cars, Kodaline and Bastille

• Advertisement

not really, half my office was trying for tickets earlier, all 30s/40s. maybe you don't listen to the radio that often but he's constantly on the commercial stations.
    Wembley Arena is apparently sold out now (and only a few hundred smaller than the 3Arena), as are his 2 nights in the 13,000 capacity Glasgow SSE Hydro.
    not everything is a Ticketmaster conspiracy ;)

I admit I dont listen to the radio ,well Irish radio anyway ,I have an aversion to ads and talk ,I listen to music on Spotify and Tidal .

Whats he going to play ,his whole album for the concert and a few covers .
    I just dont get it .
    I thought the risky gigs were supposed to go on weekend nights too, only weekend night is in his hometown
    Well it wasnt risky was it if it sold out in a few minutes ?:pac:

Advertisement