Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

FYI anyone interested in Keith Urban tickets; they're currently giving them for free via 3app. This sundays gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

FYI anyone interested in Keith Urban tickets; they're currently giving them for free via 3app. This sundays gig.
    In fairness not bad for free!
    Country music not my thing at all.

I did go to free counting crows one...it was brutal...Alison Krauss was good though.

gmisk wrote: »

I did go to free counting crows one...it was brutal...Alison Krauss was good though.

I'm looking forward to bluesfest again this year and the possibility of a freebie.

Saw Robert Plant and Van for free. Was an excellent night.

I'm looking forward to bluesfest again this year and the possibility of a freebie.

Saw Robert Plant and Van for free. Was an excellent night.
    I only went to counting crows as the other one all tickets gone

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Didn't think Counting Crows were great either. Concert was only ok. If I had paid for the tickets (which I nearly did a few months beforehand) I would have been more annoyed about it.

• Advertisement

Didn't think Counting Crows were great either. Concert was only ok. If I had paid for the tickets (which I nearly did a few months beforehand) I would have been more annoyed about it.
    The songs were "ok"....the pretentious rambles before every bloody song were horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The songs were "ok"....the pretentious rambles before every bloody song were horrendous.

Is he still at that ?? :(

I saw them in the Point a few years ago, and it was a good gig, but he did go on about ex loves/life/sadness before the songs were played !! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ha ya there was a lot of not very interesting chatter before songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Christina Aguilera playing the 3Arena on 5 November, this time open to non-Allstate employees!

Tickets on sale on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carrie Underwood and The Shires are touring in the summer so far only UK dates
    Cry Pretty U.K Tour

June 28 | Birmingham, England | Birmingham Resorts World Arena
    June 30 | Cardiff, Wales | Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    July 2 | Glasgow, Scotland | The SSE Hydro
    July 3 | Manchester, England | Manchester Arena
    July 4 | London, England | Wembley The SSE Arena

• Advertisement

No Smashing Pumpkins for Ireland,

Best we have is Billy Corgan fully seated show June 19th Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

No Smashing Pumpkins for Ireland,

Best we have is Billy Corgan fully seated show June 19th Olympia

How hard do you think its going to be to get a ticket to this .I think he could definitely do well at the 3arena but this gig will be class

Lads on the smashing pumpkins website theres a link to presale access so we need to find out how that works. If anyone has any idea how the pre-sale access works for them please let myself or any of us know cause im sure a lot of us here would like to go and will be up against the touts

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

Not sure he's as big a draw as he might have been previously. Not even sure the Pumpkins would sell out the 3arena never mind Billy solo. Their recent "comeback" tour in the States wasn't the massive success they anticipated crowd-wise.

I'll hopefully be there anyway - certainly for the SP material.

mrk75 wrote: »
    Not sure he's as big a draw as he might have been previously. Not even sure the Pumpkins would sell out the 3arena never mind Billy solo. Their recent "comeback" tour in the States wasn't the massive success they anticipated crowd-wise.

If you go on their website you can sign up to their mailing list and i think that grants you access to presale tickets. I think they would sell well here depending on ticket prices obviously ill hopefully be there anyway wont be hopeful though after Alice in Chains

Nice one. Yeah, I actually signed up a couple of weeks ago so hopefully they'll be in touch with a code.

I was at the Smashing Pumkins show at Wembley arena back in October. A few blocks of empty seats around the arena. Standing was packed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone have a link to that mailing list sign-up page? I can't find it clicking around the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Their recent "comeback" tour in the States wasn't the massive success they anticipated crowd-wise.

The ticket prices were too high for the US tour .

The tickets for the Olympia start at 69.95 plus handling fee of 5.95 ,its all seated ,they could well go up to over 100 euro .
    A bit steep.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The ticket prices were too high for the US tour .

The tickets for the Olympia start at 69.95 plus handling fee of 5.95 ,its all seated ,they could well go up to over 100 euro .
    A bit steep.

That's crazy...!

• Advertisement

Theres the link to the Smashing Pumpkins Newsletter

https://form.warnerartists.com/html/smashingpumpkins/spnewsletter/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just when you thought Live at the Marquee couldnt get any worse they announce this monstrosity.

https://www.aikenpromotions.com/shows/show/1997-classical-country-roads-live-at-the-marquee-cork-live-in-live-at-the-marquee-birchgrove-Cork-on-29-Jun-2019.html
    The classic country songs you know and love
    with the 50-piece RTÉ Concert Orchestra
    RTÉ Concert Orchestra
    & Country Roads
    come together for
    Classical Country Roads
    Live At The Marquee Cork
    Sat 29th June 2019
    On 29th June join some of Ireland’s best loved country stars as they perform many of the greatest country songs ever written, for one special night, Live at the Marquee Cork. This is country music as you have never heard it before – the songs you know and love performed by the spectacular 50-piece RTÉ Concert Orchestra conducted by Gavin Murphy.

Michael English, Lisa McHugh, Robert Mizzell, Philomena Begley, Ray Lynam, Patrick Feeney and Roly Daniels will come together with the RTE Concert Orchestra to perform many of their individual hits and #1 songs, as well as surprise duets of some the greatest country songs ever written.

Rhinestone Cowboy, He Stopped Loving Her Today, 9-5, Blanket on The Ground, Ring Of Fire and The Gambler are just a taste of what’s in store.

Between them, these stars of Country Roads have scored numerous # 1 records, sold out venues all over the country and won scores of awards and accolades. Don’t miss what promises to be an unforgettable night for country music fans, when they come together to perform live accompanied by the magic and majesty of this 50 piece orchestra.

MC for the evening will be Risin’ Time, RTÉ Radio One presenter Shay Byrne

Expected to be one of the highlights of Live At The Marquee Cork 2019 early booking is strongly advised.

Tickets from €40 go on sale Monday 11th March at 9am and will be available from:

All usual Ticketmaster outlets Nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh lordie, can they not combine Jenny Greene and Nathan Carter into this too

If anyone gets a link to pre-sale for Billy Corgan could they please post it in here it would be greatly appreciated. I wondering would they play electric picnic think they would be a great act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Suppose it would be too much expecting Kevin Morby to come to these shores any time soon. He’s playing a few European gigs this year but none here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Duffy98 wrote:
    If anyone gets a link to pre-sale for Billy Corgan could they please post it in here it would be greatly appreciated. I wondering would they play electric picnic think they would be a great act

Back touring in North America at that time. Tour already announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Anyone know how much Hall and Oates tickets are for live at the marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

who_ru wrote:
    Suppose it would be too much expecting Kevin Morby to come to these shores any time soon. He’s playing a few European gigs this year but none here.

He was announced for July in grand social last week tickets went on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I was at the Smashing Pumkins show at Wembley arena back in October. A few blocks of empty seats around the arena. Standing was packed though.

Was there too, good number of seats unsold, standing fairly healthy alright but don't think sold out. Employing a gold circle in an arena didn't sit right with me quite frankly disgusting and general ad wasn't exactly cheap. No doubt show is all seated here so he can charge the privelege for the front rows.

Had a feeling at the gig if they couldn't sell out that one sole London show in a 12k venue they wouldn't get the business here that Billy desired, SP on the road and rocks up here on his own with tickets starting at nearly €70 could be a good gig but absolutely no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I wondering would they play electric picnic think they would be a great act

Absolutely no chance EP want to offer a fine spread of acts while they turn a profit, booking SP would minimise both and have minimal effect audience wise you'd imagine.

Advertisement