Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time to do you get up at? Working and off days included...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Alarm is set for 06:00 when I'm on days, 15:30 when on nights and not set when I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Around 6am or 3pm in the day depending on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

06:50 weekdays. anywhere between 10:00 - 1:00pm at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭CPTM

I know someone who gets up between 3:30 and 4:00am 7 days a week. He's in bed by 7:30/8pm. I always wonder what he does at that time when everything is closed!

I'm someone who has everything lined up the night before. I mean everything. Bike facing the door, socks right-side out, wallet/phone etc in a ready pile. I literally have my mornings timed to the minute. I get up at 8:12am Mon-Fri. Weekends vary too much to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

8 or so if I work. 9-10 am weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I work all sorts of hours but I usually get up at 8.30 on weekdays to get the kids ready for school/minder.
    If it's the weekend and I'm off I get up at 10 or 11

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

About 7.30 - 8 M-F
    Saturday and Sunday varies from 10am - 2pm
    Which is a pity because roll around around Sunday night on a 2pm day and here I am at 01.16 typing this instead of sleeping before work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

On work days I get up at 4:30am to be in work for 5:30. I have a toddler so anything past 6 is a lie-in on my days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

I usually wake up between 11am-3pm.
    I try to go to bed early but i generally dont sleep till 3-4am.

I couldn't fathom getting up before 9am on a day off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Any time between 0600-0800 Mon -Fri depends whether I wanna build my flexi or leave work early.

Weekend usually 10 am ish...

Unless theres overtime on then i'm up at 0630

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Depends whether I have an erection or not.

Usually 05:30 I'm up and doing some light mobility work in an outdoor gym (weather doesn't bother me).

Breakfast, then cycling to work by 8am.

Weekends are more or less the same, but instead of cycling to work I'll scrub the house from top to bottom while listening to either the radio or a Joe Rogan podcast.

At lie in for me is 7am (ish).

Do you mind me asking: what time do you go to bed??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

of late its been fairly bananas, for six months or so it was bed between 2-3am and up for 5:45am. With commute to do and work from 8am until 11pm.

Not so bad now with work having eased off. Bed most days before midnight and up between 6-7am. Tonight is an exception

of late its been fairly bananas, for six months or so it was bed between 2-3am and up for 5:45am. With commute to do and work from 8am until 11pm.

Not so bad now with work having eased off. Bed most days before midnight and up between 6-7am. Tonight is an exception

What in the name of sweet baby jesus do you do for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gat Dayum!

You worked for 13 hours a day for 6 months?? Is that two jobs?

What in the name of sweet baby jesus do you do for work?

Self employed, had some bizarre deadlines to reach.

Gat Dayum! wrote: »
    You worked for 13 hours a day for 6 months?? Is that two jobs?

Just one job

Sorry but i'm firmly in the "work to live" club.

Not money orientated at all so am happy with my 37hrs a week

Unless of course I have ruined my flexi.

Overtime is to buy nice things

Sorry but i'm firmly in the "work to live" club.

Not money orientated at all so am happy with my 37hrs a week

Unless of course I have ruined my flexi.

Overtime is to buy nice things

I don't disagree with you there, reasons for my mad schedule weren't my own, but needs must at the time.
    Not in a situation where i cant do what i do or did right then so had to get on with it and make it happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Always awake at 5am regardless of what time I go to bed.

However I can sleep for days. Recently I was up for only 7 hours on and off in a 48 hour period.

Then I cant sleep for days. 98 hours is my personal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,208 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

haven't been to bed yet... Send easier

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Alarm 05:05
    Key in the ignition: 0530
    Train: 0650
    At desk: 07:45

Bed: 21:30

The life of an extreme commuter!

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I get up 6am every morning. I have to take medication at the same time every day so that's why I have to get up at the same time every day. I'm used to it now and can wake without an alarm clock, my body wakes me up naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Alarm goes off at 5.50am Mon-Fri and 8.30am Sat & Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I wake up every day at 6, don't have to be in work just an early riser. I don't always take advantage of being awake so early, and the weekends are the same.

I used to commute and have to be up stupid early, so it's nice I'm finally back to waking early.

Mind you, it's seasonal, in the winter it's later,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Usually awake by 5.45am.
    First sh1t of the day before 6am.

Don't get out of bed until 6.15am though........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Weekdays, out of bed by 6am and at my desk for 7am. Leave work at 4pm so it's got the advantage of avoiding traffic.
    Weekends, generally up by 7.30 as we have 2 young children who have no concept of a lie in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,752 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Weekdays I get up around 8 and leave the house about 9 to get to the office for 10ish. Let's me miss most of the traffic that way, but the downside I suppose is not getting home again till 8pm or so in the evening. Still, flexible hours +working from home if I want to helps, but I don't take the piss with those benefits either.

Saturday I get up around the same time as I spend the day with my little fella :)

Sunday is my lie in day. Need it after himself - endless energy! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

6.30 when working, often awake before clock. Don't leave house until 8, but have psoriatic arthritis and to be functional in morning is a waiting game.
    Feeling crap this morning, slower even!

At weekends normally 8ish.

Advertisement