Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time to do you get up at? Working and off days included...

Options
  • 13-05-2018 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Are you an earlier riser? one that gets up early and has everything done and prepared with plenty of time to spare? or are you the kind of person who gets up last minute and just runs out the door.

Im more of the last minute kind of guy, tend to have the shower the night before so I don't have that hassle, my morning usually consists of scoffing down a quick cereal and running out the door, always ends up a bit of a rush in the end. I've always threatened to try the 6:00 AM start, you'd have plenty of time and could even get some exercise in, but the moment I see 6:00 AM on my alarm I always balk and go back to sleep.

So what are you? and if if you are the early bird any tips on doing it and sticking it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

7am every day. Sunday's I have a lie in until about nine, ten if I've been out the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,960 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

0620 if I'm working, about 0830 if I'm not.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I get up around seven
    Get outta bed around nine
    And I don't worry about nothin' no
    Cause worryin's a waste of my, time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustman.

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

No earlier than 9 generally. One day a week I sleep til 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I get up at 5:30am I go for a couple of kms of a walk, get ready for work,have breakfast, make my lunch and out the door by half 8. Days off I get up at 7am and have everything done as early as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Shift Worker.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

I stay in bed as long as possible in the morning, Monday to Friday. Last minute dash out the door.

No problem getting up early at the weekends.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I get up at 5:30am I go for a couple of kms of a walk, get ready for work,have breakfast, make my lunch and out the door by half 8. Days off I get up at 7am and have everything done as early as possible

Takes you 3 hours to go for a walk, have a bit of breakfast and get ready for work?

I smell bull crap -:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

6:45, every morning. My 1 year old is tube fed so I need to start the pump by 7 if I want to get the school run done on time. He's the youngest of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Half 8.. But that never happens as I do be waken by family getting up at 7/7:30.. I lie in bed dreading my 8:30 alarm. Some times I say feck it and could be up at any time between 7am to 7:30am. That's for work at 10am Monday to Friday..
    I need time to get ready at ease.. I hate rushing..

Saturday and Sunday. Any time between 8am and 9am.

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Depends whether I have an erection or not.

Usually 05:30 I'm up and doing some light mobility work in an outdoor gym (weather doesn't bother me).

Breakfast, then cycling to work by 8am.

Weekends are more or less the same, but instead of cycling to work I'll scrub the house from top to bottom while listening to either the radio or a Joe Rogan podcast.

At lie in for me is 7am (ish).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the 'ouse.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I go through phases. Current phase is wake at 06:45 every day but don't get up until half 8 at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Early bird here-6:15 Mon-Fri. 7:00 days off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

How many hours sleep would you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Why? What do you for the rest of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

When the crack hoes start banging on ma door lookin' for their moneee I usually turn over and go back to shleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Depends whether I have an erection or not.

Usually 05:30 I'm up and doing some light mobility work in an outdoor gym (weather doesn't bother me).

Breakfast, then cycling to work by 8am.

Weekends are more or less the same, but instead of cycling to work I'll scrub the house from top to bottom while listening to either the radio or a Joe Rogan podcast.

At lie in for me is 7am (ish).

You're scrubbing the house early on weekends? There's two threads running on two lazy husband's, you might give them some inspiration!

juneg wrote: »
    How many hours sleep would you get?

Normally about 6 but depends on the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

5.30 on weekdays. :(

No special 'aren't I great' activities; just get up and go to work.

Why? What do you for the rest of the day?

I'm only off work on a Sunday so I like the day free to watch sport and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I wish I was an early riser. I don't naturally wake until around 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Alarm set for 6 m-f. Weekends usually my wife and I take a day each for a lie in till about 9 and the other gets up with the young lad. He hates sleep. 😡 prob get about 5-6 hours sleep during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Between 5 and 6 every morning. Love meeting the oddballs (like myself) who wake up at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Work days, 7am. Days off, 8.30 to 9am. If happen to be off on a Sunday, or last day off before back at work, could be 10.30 to 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

06:30 if I'm working. Sh|t, shave, shower, and then goto work.
    Noon or just before noon if I'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

8am when I’m working Monday to Friday

Don’t get up until 1:30pm or even 2 on Saturdays and Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Shift worker, so up at 5:40am to get to work on day shifts or 4pm if working nights. But never out of bed before midday on my days off, i hate mornings as they do not suit me. My body clock likes nights and i much rather work all nights if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

7.15 mon-fri
    weekends I'll wake early, but not a hope will I get out of the bed early.
    I'll ly there until the coffee calls for me.
    Usually I don't want to see anybody come the weekend, I just want to relax.

Advertisement