Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus driver attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

This is shocking. I really hope this scumbag was arrested and charged.

I also hope he is barred from using public transport for a considerable amount of time. Dublin Bus really need to make an example of this incident after any pending court case. If you attack a public transport employee you have no right to use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

KD345 wrote: »
    This is shocking. I really hope this scumbag was arrested and charged.

I also hope he is barred from using public transport for a considerable amount of time. Dublin Bus really need to make an example of this incident after any pending court case. If you attack a public transport employee you have no right to use the service.

If this happened on a plane or airport they could never set foot in one again. But it's much easier to enforce there.

We really need bus security like on the Luas or Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Absolutely shocking assault, it was hard to watch that. The driver should be commended for standing up to anti social behaviour but unforntunately the incident shows all other drivers that they are better off to ignore it in case they end up with injuries.

The whole thing underlines just how much we need some form of roving transport police or Luas style security. It is just not on that a bus driver should be subject to this type of behaviour and Dublin Bus should be sending a message out that it wont tolerate this carry on towards their staff. I hope the book gets thrown at that scumbag but actually doubt it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Anarchy would prevail if everyone had this attitude Stephen15.

He smoked a joint on a bus hardly the crime of the century. If no one said anything no he would have just continued smoking his joint and the passengers would have got to where they are going on time.

No scumbag smoking a joint is worth delaying your bus journey. Just because someone is on a social justice crusade doesn't mean anyone else cares.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Stephen15 wrote: »
    He smoked a joint on a bus hardly the crime of the century. If no one said anything no he would have just continued smoking his joint and the passengers would have got to where they are going on time.

No scumbag smoking a joint is worth delaying your bus journey. Just because someone is on a social justice crusade doesn't mean anyone else cares.

Bus driver probably felt obliged to act, even though its not his job to do so.

Feel very bad for the man and hope he recovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Stephen15 wrote:

Why should one d*ckhead be allowed break the law just because (by your measure) it's not the crime of the century? That becomes acceptable, where does it end?

Firstly, smoking illegal drugs on a bus is a crime. That is not up for debate here. Regardless of what level of crime you consider it to be is entirely irrelevant. An employee was assaulted while driving a bus, that’s what we’re dealing with. I have no idea what you mean by social justice, but whatever view you take or how you choose to categorise it, a man was viciously assaulted while doing their job. The build up to that assault, however big or small you view it, does not take away from what happened.

I hope the excellent level of CCTV coupled with passenger witnesses form a solid case against this scumbag. If I was CEO of Dublin Bus I would be stepping forward to say this is not acceptable to their employees and they will ban this person, and any person who commits a similar assault, from using their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think you're smoking something yourself. According to you the driver is an idiot for getting involved, the passengers are idiots for complaining...what kind of mindset is that? Why should ordinary law-abiding people be put out by some absolute ball sack who has no respect for anyone else and never will?

Cop on.

I think you're smoking something yourself. According to you the driver is an idiot for getting involved, the passengers are idiots for complaining...what kind of mindset is that? Why should ordinary law-abiding people be put out by some absolute ball sack who has no respect for anyone else and never will?

Cop on.

But they are going to be put out more if they say nothing. If they said anything to the driver the driver would have either called for Garda assistance to remove the offender or like the scenario he would have gotten assaulted by the scumbag and be in an likely be in unfit position to continue driving the bus meaning the passengers get delayed either way. I'm not defending the scumbag I'm putting it how it is and telling the truth.

If the passengers kept their mouth shut nothing would have happened and the passengers would have got to their destination on time and in one piece. FACT.

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote:
    If the passengers kept their mouth shut nothing would have happened and the passengers would have got to their destination on time and in one piece. FACT.

For 99.999% of people, there's more to life than getting somewhere on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

If you asked people on a packed bus at rush hour, in the pissing rain, on their way home, if they'd rather stop and wait for the guards for an hour because someone on the bus is smoking and won't get off, or if they'd rather just put up with it and get home, I think you'll find your 99.999% figure is complete and utter bollocks.

Why should one d*ckhead be allowed break the law just because (by your measure) it's not the crime of the century? That becomes acceptable, where does it end?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. The fact of the matter is everyone the scumbag will get away with it no matter what. If no one said anything the bus wouldn't have got delayed and the passengers would have gotten to where they need to be on time and not got hurt.

Pelvis wrote:
    If you asked people on a packed bus at rush hour, in the pissing rain, on their way home, if they'd rather stop and wait for the guards for an hour because someone on the bus is smoking and won't get off, or if they'd rather just put up with it and get home, I think you'll find your 99.999% figure is complete and utter bollocks.

Spark up the next time you're on a packed bus in the pissing rain and I think you'll find you'll find yourself outside the bus (in said pissing rain) wondering now what is utter bullocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭flatty

Funnily enough, I'd not have minded him smoking a joint. I'd find a cigarette far more offensive.

Stephen15 wrote:
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. The fact of the matter is everyone the scumbag will get away with it no matter what. If no one said anything the bus wouldn't have got delayed and the passengers would have gotten to where they need to be on time and not got hurt.

Again, using that logic, where does it end.

Scumbags doing everything they want all of the time. With impunity.

You might think that's what's happening now. It isn't. There's isolated events and outright disregard for law. This was an isolated event. Thankfully.

flatty wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I'd not have minded him smoking a joint. I'd find a cigarette far more offensive.

Also true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Appart from being forced to inhale whatever the scumbag decided to smoke?

If the passengers are so determined to get home on time they will as a group make it clear to the scumbag to put it out or get off. No need for violence just the threat of group action while all end up waiting for the Gardai is normaly enough to get most off.

And I for one would be happy to unhappily await the Gardai if it means a smoke free public transport service.

You might think that's what's happening now. It isn't. There's isolated events and outright disregard for law. This was an isolated event. Thankfully.

Yes that was an isolated incident but the facts still remain that Guards are always going to be slow to arrive. When a 999 call comes in the Guards aren't going to come quicker if it's an 'isolated incident'.

Stephen15 wrote:
    Yes that was an isolated incident but the facts still remain that Guards are always going to be slow to arrive. When a 999 call comes in the Guards aren't going to come quicker if it's an 'isolated incident'.

I refer you to my earlier post.

• Advertisement

But they are going to be put out more if they say nothing. If they said anything to the driver the driver would have either called for Garda assistance to remove the offender or like the scenario he would have gotten assaulted by the scumbag and be in an likely be in unfit position to continue driving the bus meaning the passengers get delayed either way. I'm not defending the scumbag I'm putting it how it is and telling the truth.

Let’s be clear here. The bus and passengers were delayed because a scumbag allegedly decided to smoke an illegal drug on a public bus and when asked to stop assaulted the bus driver. That is the only reason the bus was delayed.

Do not blame the passengers if they spoke up on illegal drug use. Do not blame the driver for stopping the bus. The only person to blame is the vicious scumbag who has more than likely affected the life of a decent bus driver doing his job.

Nobody should ever go to work and come assaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

He, and other feral cnuts like him, will get away with as long as they are allowed to get away with it.
    Everyone knows that you are not allowed smoke on public transport, but this rodent, and others like him, don't care for anyone else, but themselves.

He smoked a joint on a bus hardly the crime of the century.

You feel that all aspects of the commute for bus users is inconsequential except if they're commute possibly takes longer due to illegal use of a bus lane is that right?

Enlighten us as to how one isn't crime of the century but the other is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Appart from being forced to inhale whatever the scumbag decided to smoke?

If the passengers are so determined to get home on time they will as a group make it clear to the scumbag to put it out or get off. No need for violence just the threat of group action while all end up waiting for the Gardai is normaly enough to get most off.

And I for one would be happy to unhappily await the Gardai if it means a smoke free public transport service.

Cannabis is harmless to non cannabis smokers unlike tobacco debate for a different day.

The culprit likely knows that Gardai are slow to respond so will wait it out for a while before eventually pulling a runner before the Gardai arrive.

Cannabis is harmless to non cannabis smokers unlike tobacco debate for a different day.

The culprit likely knows that Gardai are slow to respond so will wait it out for a while before eventually pulling a runner before the Gardai arrive.

You're picking the wrong thread to fight the good fight in terms of puff with a scumbag like this one giving an example of what weed smokers are like.

You feel that all aspects of the commute for bus users is inconsequential except if they're commute possibly takes longer due to illegal use of a bus lane is that right?

Enlighten us as to how one isn't crime of the century but the other is.

Smoking cannabis on a bus doesn't effect bus users. Driving in the bus lane does.

Smoking cannabis on a bus doesn't effect bus users. Driving in the bus lane does.

Please explain. Starting with bus users who do not want to go in to a work meeting smelling of weed.

Even if that was true (which it isn't), getting on the Luas without paying the fare doesn't affect Luas users. What is the point you are trying to make?

• Advertisement

Cannabis is illegal. Your opinion on it does not change that. It is also illegal to smoke on a bus.

But he didn’t do a runner. He walked down the stairs and viciously attacked the bus driver.

What happened in Greystones last Friday was horrific. The noises of those punches were awful and I genuinely hope the bus driver is making a good recovery. Assaults like this can stay with the the victim for a long time.

The incident seems to be making news this evening which I hope encourages Dublin Bus to speak out on it.

Advertisement