Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus driver attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What route was that on

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

What route was that on

I heard the 184 now don’t count me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Scumbag behaviour from the would-be passenger, and I am in no way condoning it, but why in the name of sweet suffering jaysus would the driver have opened the cab door to let him get a shot at him?! I genuinely am not one for victim blaming, but those security measures weren't fitted for no reason, so I just have to wonder what goes through the mind of someone who exposes themselves like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

cython wrote: »
    Scumbag behaviour from the would-be passenger, and I am in no way condoning it, but why in the name of sweet suffering jaysus would the driver have opened the cab door to let him get a shot at him?! I genuinely am not one for victim blaming, but those security measures weren't fitted for no reason, so I just have to wonder what goes through the mind of someone who exposes themselves like that.

WTF have I just read?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭duvetdayss

Jesus. Vicious is right. Hope the driver is ok

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

WTF have I just read?

The same question the employer will ask after the driver is fully recovered probably.

The guy was a scumbag but the doors were installed to prevent assaults on drivers. Not blaming the driver at all but it is a question that will be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The driver was an idiot for getting involved. Not condoning the actions of the scumbag but if the driver had any sense he would put the perspex screen up if it was down sit back and let the incident unfold and radio for garda assistance or keep driving if the incident was not impeding on his driving ability. At the end of the day no scumbag is worth putting your health, job, good name or life at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

The scumbag was upstairs on the bus smoking weed, following complaints from passengers the driver went upstairs and told him to get off, the footage starts as the scumbag tried to talk his way out of been thrown off, the driver had to sadly take action as from experience the driver would have been waiting an hour for the gardi to come, not blaming the guards for it they are stretched thin, but as a fellow driver we have to police the bus for the comfort of other passengers because no one else will

• Registered Users Posts: 26,312 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lad in the pink shirt (seems to be a passerby rather than a passenger) is to be seriously commended for intervening.

Not one passenger helps it seems.

Hope the scumbag gets what's coming to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'm amazed at how 'quickly' passengers came to the drivers aid?

What did they think? It wasn't for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,312 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I love the person who videoed it writes "love that lady" who essentially roars at the scumbag and can only do so because the lad in the pink got involved.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Scumbags gonna scumbag.

I hope the driver is ok and the passengers who helped him are too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

****in hell, bus driver got a bad bad hiding there.

Why is it that the bus drivers tend to have their screens down more than up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

alane20 wrote: »
    The scumbag was upstairs on the bus smoking weed, following complaints from passengers the driver went upstairs and told him to get off, the footage starts as the scumbag tried to talk his way out of been thrown off, the driver had to sadly take action as from experience the driver would have been waiting an hour for the gardi to come, not blaming the guards for it they are stretched thin, but as a fellow driver we have to police the bus for the comfort of other passengers because no one else will

Then the passengers were idiots too. If I was on a bus and some was smoking weed I would shut up and put up. At the end of the day I take the bus because I want to get home or get somewhere I don't have the time for the bus to be delayed because the person smoking weed kicks off and refuses to get off the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

As a passenger who went back to using Dublin bus because of where I’m working at the moment I can say it’s nowhere near as bad as it used to be. To think I can sit upstairs watching Netflix on my phone now and not get beaten and robbed by a gang of scrotes is a huge plus. Aparantly they all moved to the luas.
    What kind of nut job thinks it’s ok to smoke on the bus never mind weed. He must have just been out of prison after a very long time or been living in another country.
    I hope he gets the book launched at him, I’ve had enough of scum in this country annoying the people who pay their social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Regardless of security (i.e. opening doors to would-be passengers etc), that guy was an absolute scumbag and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Regardless of security (i.e. opening doors to would-be passengers etc), that guy was an absolute scumbag and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

John Dunne of 27 McSilly Gardens has 187 prior convictions for....

Yeah, not holding my breath there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The driver was an idiot for getting involved. Not condemning the actions of the scumbag but if the driver had any sense he would put the perspex screen up if it was down sit back and let the incident unfold and radio for garda assistance or keep driving if the incident was not impeding on his driving ability. At the end of the day no scumbag is worth putting your health, job, good name or life at risk.

I sincerely hope that you meant to say you were not condoning his actions, as they should 100% be condemned! However, per my earlier post, I do still think the driver was remiss in not fully availing of the protections available to him. From what I saw it wasn't even a case of the screen not being up, but rather that the door was wide open and the driver halfway out of the cab. A poster has since elaborated that the driver left the cab to eject said individual from the bus, and presumably had the door still open on his way back in, but whatever the reason, the driver essentially waived/bypassed physical security measures that are there for a reason, and the thug took full advantage of this. I sympathise with the driver for the abuse he received, but he put himself in danger unnecessarily too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Who watches and records this kind of thing?
    It's all messed up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

ED E wrote: »

I'm sure judge martin Nolan will throw the book at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The driver was an idiot for getting involved. Not condemning the actions of the scumbag but if the driver had any sense he would put the perspex screen up if it was down sit back and let the incident unfold and radio for garda assistance or keep driving if the incident was not impeding on his driving ability. At the end of the day no scumbag is worth putting your health, job, good name or life at risk.

have things changed so much or was I on a better route? It use to be the drive pulled, and announced "Sorry all we are all waiting here until the Gardai arrive due to ..." opened the doors and waited for the whomever to do a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

So if the sole dublin bus employee on the bus actually intervenes when anti social behaviour is happening, some posters here think he is at fault, for not hiding behind the perspex and waiting for the cavalry?

I commend a driver who takes action to protect/make passengers feel secure. i didn't think there was any other viewpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Stephen15 wrote:
    Then the passengers were idiots too. If I was on a bus and some was smoking weed I would shut up and put up. At the end of the day I take the bus because I want to get home or get somewhere I don't have the time for the bus to be delayed because the person smoking weed kicks off and refuses to get off the bus.

Anarchy would prevail if everyone had this attitude Stephen15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

So if the sole dublin bus employee on the bus actually intervenes when anti social behaviour is happening, some posters here think he is at fault, for not hiding behind the perspex and waiting for the cavalry?

I commend a driver who takes action to protect/make passengers feel secure. i didn't think there was any other viewpoint?

Yes, well done that driver for taking a beating. I am sure had he ended up eating his meals via a straw your words would consol him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pelvis wrote:
    Yes, well done that driver for taking a beating. I am sure had he ended up eating his meals via a straw your words would consol him.

You seem to think the driver wanted to get beaten up.

There was one person at fault in this video. The scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

Fully agree, the fault here is the mentality of the person in question, this inbread scum thinks it's his bus and no concern, actually concern is not the correct phrase, I should say basic common decency for others on the bus, then when challenged he responds like This, let's be honest here, he will get a slap on the wrist by a bleeding heart judge and be told your a very naughty boy don't do it again and add to his list of previous convictions and walk out the door, if your child was on the bus and said that people were smoking on the bus you can be sure they would be on the phone to donnybrook asking why the driver did nothing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

noodler wrote: »
    Lad in the pink shirt (seems to be a passerby rather than a passenger) is to be seriously commended for intervening.
    A P.E. teacher from a top Dublin private school apparently, and not unknown in the world of MMA if the rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

ED E wrote: »

Goddamn I love this country, don't you?

@~!~@?><!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Aw come on, there's no way that was weed your man was smoking.

Poor bus driver. Give him and the guy in the pink tshirt all the money and happiness in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

was told its 184 the stop just before donnybrook fare/tesco
    Greystones 'world's most liveable community' won the award twice i believe.
    now what hope does a driver have in one of the rowdy areas?

Advertisement