Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART attack last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

This isn't New York like.

Of course this isn't New York, because this is what's happening in NY at the moment, regularly.

IqY9BK5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Odelay

Well, at least it's good to see them planning, using forward thinking and most importantly working as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Odelay wrote: »
    Well, at least it's good to see them planning, using forward thinking and most importantly working as a team.

Except forward thinking just 3 weeks ahead of present time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Effects wrote: »
    Of course this isn't New York, because this is what's happening in NY at the moment, regularly.

IqY9BK5.png
    That looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

That looks amazing.

That looks like vandalism and the perpertrators should be made clean it off with their tongues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That looks amazing.

It looks like barely legible sh!t.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm a bit bemused at the focus on the graffiti aspect. that was quite minor compared to the violence (threatened or real).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

GM228 wrote: »

Likely travellers robbing cable. Their just being called 'vandals' to be politically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Likely travellers robbing cable. Their just being called 'vandals' to be politically correct.

Maybe they were 'travelling criminals'....latest media euphemism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

devnull wrote: »
    If you think Clongriffin is bad clearly you live a very sheltered life - there are many far worse areas of Dublin!

And?

I always find it illogical when people use this type of argument in a debate. What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Comparing downwards always makes the current entity look great. This is a false victory.

Iceland doesn't have a rail system. Should we stop developing our own rail system because ours is so much better than theirs?

Ireland is 56 on the Crime Index by Country, Venezuela is 1st. Should we halt all Gardai stations because our crime rate is so much better than theirs?

Of course not.

We should be aiming towards Switzerland's rail system.
    We should be aiming towards Japan's crime index.

Compare upwards, not downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

JasonS246 wrote: »
    And?

I always find it illogical when people use this type of argument in a debate. What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Comparing downwards always makes the current entity look great. This is a false victory.

Iceland doesn't have a rail system. Should we stop developing our own rail system because ours is so much better than theirs?

Ireland is 56 on the Crime Index by Country, Venezuela is 1st. Should we halt all Gardai stations because our crime rate is so much better than theirs?

Of course not.

We should be aiming towards Switzerland's rail system.
    We should be aiming towards Japan's crime index.

Compare upwards, not downwards.

I think that the OP was making the valid point that Clongriffin is not an underclass kip like another OP said. I don't see what Japan's crime rate or Switzerland's rail system has got to do with anything.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I think that the OP was making the valid point that Clongriffin is not an underclass kip like another OP said. I don't see what Japan's crime rate or Switzerland's rail system has got to do with anything.

It is not a valid point.

Clongriffin must look to be better than what it is now. Less vandalism, less litter, less anti-social behaviour etc.. etc..

Clongriffin must not say: It's worse over there so we're good enough.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I have to admit that I was in Clongriffin for the first time in about 18 months yesterday and the station looks far worse and in much poorer condition than it was with all the smashed glass and replacement panels and run down enterance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Happens all the time in mainland europe..

Why the f**k is this video still up on YouTube?
    Why haven't Berlin Transport whoever requested YouTube to take it down?
    And if YouTube continue to provide a platform for videos depicting illegal activities.
    These c**nts get their kicks from views.
    (Excuse the French, I get annoyed easily by graffiti and vandalism.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I have to admit that I was in Clongriffin for the first time in about 18 months yesterday and the station looks far worse and in much poorer condition than it was with all the smashed glass and replacement panels and run down enterance.

It's not much of a suprise to be honest. The place is the way it is because of lack of Gardai around, its isolated and there's no staff in the station. The Junction is hardly any better.

Only way this will ever change is more police presence and a more severe clamping down on the scrote's that plague the area with their BS.

Infini wrote: »

It's not much of a suprise to be honest. The place is the way it is because of lack of Gardai around, its isolated and there's no staff in the station. The Junction is hardly any better.

Only way this will ever change is more police presence and a more severe clamping down on the scrote's that plague the area with their BS.

But it must have got worse in the last 18 months. One of my friends used to live there until 18 months ago and she never had a bother at all living there two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

But it must have got worse in the last 18 months. One of my friends used to live there until 18 months ago and she never had a bother at all living there two years!

Clongriffin is my local station (along with Bayside). It’s been the way it is for a long time, at least the 18 months you say but I feel like it might be longer, I can’t quite remember. The station itself is a dump, as is the stairs up to it from the Baldoyle side. The panels that make up the stairs are often caved in and in need of replacement, it often feels quite dodgy walking on them.

Conchir wrote: »

Clongriffin is my local station (along with Bayside). It’s been the way it is for a long time, at least the 18 months you say but I feel like it might be longer, I can’t quite remember. The station itself is a dump, as is the stairs up to it from the Baldoyle side. The panels that make up the stairs are often caved in and in need of replacement, it often feels quite dodgy walking on them.

I agree the Baldoyle side has always been a magnet. I remember the glass all being see through and nothing broken last time I went through the main enterance. Now it's got smashes everywhere and stuff boarded up and pictures covering it up. Even the front looks a mess now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

The station in Clongriffin has been like that for a little longer than a year now, might indeed be 18 months or whereabouts.
    I still live there and in general terms I haven't really noticed an increase in troublesome behaviour in the area; it's not like you hear idiots screaming, partying and generally being disruptive in the middle of week nights (like I did experience in parts of Cork and other areas of Dublin).

Most of the antisocial behaviour is confined to the more secluded areas (the park and indeed the "Baldoyle-side" of the station) and, from what I can see, performed by teens sometimes as young as 12-13 years old. During the summer months I've also ran into small groups of "study holiday kids" (mostly Italian or Spanish) squatting in the station and drinking alcohol; In all fairness they seemed otherwise harmless and didn't strike me as they were going to smash the place to bits - just being teenage-stupid and wasting their parents money away.

You are correct. I've detailed it out some over here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106991413

Advertisement