Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

My €2 for my Google Drive 100gb went out overnight, followed by a message from 3Plus saying I had used the bonus credit. Better than nothing, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

If you like a bit of hill walking, view ranger is a fantastic app and you can use the credit to purchase premium maps. The osi 50,000 to 1 are good but the east west mapping 30,000 to 1 are excellent unfortunately not country wide but over all the Wicklow/Dublin mountains plus a few other areas. Nephin and blackstairs are the ones I can think of off-hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

If you like a bit of hill walking, view ranger is a fantastic app and you can use the credit to purchase premium maps. The osi 50,000 to 1 are good but the east west mapping 30,000 to 1 are excellent unfortunately not country wide but over all the Wicklow/Dublin mountains plus a few other areas. Nephin and blackstairs are the ones I can think of off-hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If anyone is spending money on Three at the moment, you may notice €5 is taken off the price when you are actually charged buying something from Google Play.

I thought it was a mistake as I was buying something for €7 but got charged €2, but it turns out it's a 3Plus promo (you have to be registered for 3Plus before 29th Oct)

mrcheez wrote: »
    If anyone is spending money on Three at the moment, you may notice €5 is taken off the price when you are actually charged buying something from Google Play.

I thought it was a mistake as I was buying something for €7 but got charged €2, but it turns out it's a 3Plus promo (you have to be registered for 3Plus before 29th Oct)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108518752&postcount=474

Mine was wasted on a €2 purchase, don't think they keep the €3 over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Basil3 wrote: »
    Mine was wasted on a €2 purchase, don't think they keep the €3 over.

Mine was wasted on a €1.29 purchase

On a totally related topic, Bleach by Nirvana Deluxe edition is apparently only €1.29?

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Nirvana_Bleach_Deluxe_Edition?id=Bxi4euacnnuulfd3yarbfownihu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Christmas FM starting the end of this month the 26th ish around I think and all proceeds will be going to Temple Street, each text to the station will be €2 and you usually get a request played out over the radio for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I bought the 100gb extra google photos/drive storage today, and it cost 0.01c for the first month, some 3plus promotion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I tried to buy an annual subscription for 10% Happier mindfulness app but it says the total is greater than the transaction limit set by my carrier.

Anyone know that the limit is? There doesn't seem to be a monthly option.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I tried to buy an annual subscription for 10% Happier mindfulness app but it says the total is greater than the transaction limit set by my carrier.

Anyone know that the limit is? There doesn't seem to be a monthly option.

I'm nearly sure that limit is 30 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Can you use it for in app purchases?

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Can you use it for in app purchases?

I think it's for any payments via Google Play between now and 13 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Worked great thanks, bought an ebook. Any idea if it works more than once? I'm guessing not but only way to find out is buying something else

Worked great thanks, bought an ebook. Any idea if it works more than once? I'm guessing not but only way to find out is buying something else

Only once unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

lol Tried it out for the craic and it worked.
    Only problem is was some **** game called the house of da vinci that I ended up getting for 49 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Subbed to shudder for a month, 4.99, no sign of it using the promo code (which I had claimed on my app)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sweetie wrote: »
    Subbed to shudder for a month, 4.99, no sign of it using the promo code (which I had claimed on my app)
    Just a note, the ireland shudder is not great......if you have a VPN though the US one is a lot better

gmisk wrote: »
    Just a note, the ireland shudder is not great......if you have a VPN though the US one is a lot better

does subbing to the Irish one give you access to the US version, or do you need to have signed up to the US one via VPN first?

i.e. can I sub today to the Irish one and try it out, then later on sort out a VPN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

yeah, I'm covered with my vpn!

does subbing to the Irish one give you access to the US version, or do you need to have signed up to the US one via VPN first?

i.e. can I sub today to the Irish one and try it out, then later on sort out a VPN ?
    If you have irish one you have irish one, content is not great, but yes at a later date you can use a VPN to access non Irish version if you like.

• Advertisement

If you have irish one you have irish one

:confused: I'll assume then yes you can login to the US one using the Irish login

:confused: I'll assume then yes you can login to the US one using the Irish login
    If you run a VPN and logon with your irish details you can get the US content yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Is there a monthly limit on how much credit you can spend?
    Bought KineMaster on 2nd of Nov. Went to buy photopills and it won't let me use 3 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BKWDR wrote: »
    Bought KineMaster on 2nd of Nov. Went to buy photopills and it won't let me use 3 credit.

€30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

BKWDR wrote: »

gets discussed literally every page. its 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

RossieMan wrote: »
    gets discussed literally every page. its 30 euro.

Good to know, but is there a maximum spend?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Haha I know there is a maximum spend per transaction of 30e but didn't know it was per calendar month.

I had recently changed my dual sim from 2x 3Sim cards to 1x VF and 1X3PAYG and was thinking that might have been the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Any way to buy kindle books with credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Any way to buy kindle books with credit?

Don't think so, you can buy the insanely expensive Google books though, as long as it doesn't go over the maximum spend, which to my knowledge hasn't been declared anywhere.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Don't think so, you can buy the insanely expensive Google books though, as long as it doesn't go over the maximum spend, which to my knowledge hasn't been declared anywhere.

A maximum spend you say....

Advertisement