Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's to stop someone self publishing any old piece of cr@p and using their credit to buy it on the play store? Money straight back bar Google's cut.

Old school essays etc.

Actually, they seem not to be taking any new self published authors on at the moment but maybe if you have your own 'Smelly Cat' or something sitting around a hard drive.

I think I'll make an app like this. Is there serious demand yeah? Could split the money (after the cut that Google takes) somehow.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't think that will count in this instance. You need to use your Three credit to make the call to ensure it doesn't expire.

Sending a text has the same effect and costs a lot less than 50c.

In any case, I've a feeling that any chargeable use counts, including Google Play purchases. It certainly does with my ex-O2 PAYG account anyway.

Following on from that idea.......

So I could publish an app that costs say 10 euro, Google takes their cut and then could pass on a percentage to someone's PayPal account or even their bank account? Do all networks allow purchases like this using credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No. Only Vodafone and three.

You'll need to make a proper app or it'll just be removed from the play store.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No. Only Vodafone and three.

You'll need to make a proper app or it'll just be removed from the play store.

There's loads of terrible terrible apps on the play store. I've published apps before. Should be doable.

• Advertisement

Refunds could be an issue though. There would have to be some sort of delay before people get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

They'll just do away with keeping credit if you start dicking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's to stop someone self publishing any old piece of cr@p and using their credit to buy it on the play store? Money straight back bar Google's cut.

Old school essays etc.

Actually, they seem not to be taking any new self published authors on at the moment but maybe if you have your own 'Smelly Cat' or something sitting around a hard drive.

I think I'll make an app like this. Is there serious demand yeah? Could split the money (after the cut that Google takes) somehow.

I will require a cut. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Kuva wrote: »
    They'll just do away with keeping credit if you start dicking around.

Unfortunately, something I thought of after.

To be honest I'm not sure Google would even allow it. They could think it's money laundering or something. Unless you hide the fact that you are returning some money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Google take 40% don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

a simple app that provides access to a webcam feed ; 20 euro for '24 hours access pass code' to see the (birds, city views , garden shed ) feed.
    Pass code is a serial number ; you enter 2 codes on a webpage , along with a email address , and you get a topup serial number by email within 24hrs
    I have no coding skills or databases knowledge, but i rekon is doable ( probably not profitable under 20 sells per day , and you don't get rich from this )

The other option is to record my shower audio superhits and sell it . [ this carries a risk of becoming famous overnight , and not being able to walk on the streets without heavy make up and fake botoxed lips ]

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

For the single lads and lasses, I just noticed you can get Tinder plus from your credit (at least on Vodafone anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

inna981 wrote: »
    For the single lads and lasses, I just noticed you can get Tinder plus from your credit (at least on Vodafone anyway)

what do you get with the Plus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mrcheez wrote: »
    what do you get with the Plus? :)

A date hopefully!

Here's the explanation:
    https://www.help.tinder.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004487406-Tinder-Plus-and-Tinder-Gold-

How do I pay for things using my credit? There's an app that is 3 quid a year on the play store but when I go to buy it I don't see any option to pay with credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

How do I pay for things using my credit? There's an app that is 3 quid a year on the play store but when I go to buy it I don't see any option to pay with credit.

It has been so long, but i think there was talk before that by buying(possibly just going to the payment screen) one app on the 3 Network (not WiFi) it registers 3 as a payment option

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Original post says that you can pay for parking via the parking tag app but can't figure out how to do it, anyone able to help? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Original post says that you can pay for parking via the parking tag app but can't figure out how to do it, anyone able to help? Thanks

You don't need the app, just send the following text to 53311

PARK [area] [minutes] [car reg] M

Where area is on the bottom of the parking signs. Central Dublin is Red or Yellow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

You don't need the app, just send the following text to 53311

PARK [area] [minutes] [car reg] M

Where area is on the bottom of the parking signs. Central Dublin is Red or Yellow etc

Great stuff, thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think you can now add it in Google Pay and use it to pay for apps/Google Play stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

You can buy Runescape membership with credit I found out today if anyone plays that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Anybody know of a way to use Vodafone credit on Patreon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anybody know of a way to use Vodafone credit on Patreon?

when did Patreon start accepting phone credit?

I don't think it does, even in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Apologies if I missed it, but is there any way for an iPhone user to spend excess credit with Three on anything?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Apologies if I missed it, but is there any way for an iPhone user to spend excess credit with Three on anything?

Thanks

You have to put your SIM into a proper phone for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

It seems Three are actively promoting this now

https://www.three.ie/pay-by-mobile/

Also got an email to promote it

DrZeuss wrote: »
    It seems Three are actively promoting this now

https://www.three.ie/pay-by-mobile/

That webpage has been around for a good while, as you can see by the apps they're promoting on it. I've stumbled across it a few times. Are they promoting it on the main 3 home page?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Basil3 wrote: »
    That webpage has been around for a good while, as you can see by the apps they're promoting on it. I've stumbled across it a few times. Are they promoting it on the main 3 home page?

Sorry, ninja edited the original post :)

They sent me an email today on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

You can use your credit to subscribe to Shudder, the horror streaming service

Advertisement