Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I dont know how anyone could contribute to Ryan Tubridys salary and feel proud of themselves...

Hence, i dont pay the Licence Fee....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I dont know how anyone could contribute to Ryan Tubridys salary and feel proud of themselves...

Hence, i dont pay the Licence Fee....

If this was an episode of QI, the claxon would be sounding.

Standby for an explanation of how no licence fee money goes into radio.

*puts hand over ears*

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I left Ireland a few years ago so I may be out of touch but was RTE's secret producer found out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I left Ireland a few years ago so I may be out of touch but was RTE's secret producer found out?

If they were RTÉ didn't say so, they have since stopped tweeting. Which reminds me one of only two accounts to block me the other being The Six O'Clock Show :rolleyes:

They block me because I told them that much of what they were saying was pretty much in the public domain and I didn't believe they worked for RTÉ.

(I found out about the low audience figures for the Seven O'Clock show and tag them in the message :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Elmo wrote: »
    If they were RTÉ didn't say so, they have since stopped tweeting. Which reminds me one of only two accounts to block me the other being The Six O'Clock Show :rolleyes:

They block me because I told them that much of what they were saying was pretty much in the public domain and I didn't believe they worked for RTÉ.

(I found out about the low audience figures for the Seven O'Clock show and tag them in the message :rolleyes: )

Mr. Joseph Duffy blocked me for reminding him that he said Covid couldn’t come here because we’re an island......

• Advertisement

I am reading over a complied list of the Secret producer and now I think I could be wrong

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/719cv4/ive_compiled_all_the_tweets_from_secret_rt%C3%A9/

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Marcos

I can understand in January, because post holidays come-down.

But June and July is just taking the proverbial P.

It's like he's saying 'stay with us thru this absolute s**Tshow of a program, cos it gets better for one night in December'... but it doesn't.
    And he's been doing that for the last few years, not just recently, with the lockdown.

(Even TV3's Six O'Clock show has had a more varied, and famous, guest list than the LLS).

I think the LLS should be sponsored by Noel Kelly Management. You could nearly play bingo marking off how many of the "talent" appear on it. :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Mr. Joseph Duffy blocked me for reminding him that he said Covid couldn’t come here because we’re an island......

Joe Duffy is overpaid and incompetent. I take it you're aware of the Joe Duffy soundboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Joe Duffy is overpaid and incompetent. I take it you're aware of the Joe Duffy soundboard?

Won't he have to be pushed out soon? He's near the retirement age, RTE have a 'retire at 65'... so won't he be out in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Won't he have to be pushed out soon? He's near the retirement age, RTE have a 'retire at 65'... so won't he be out in a few months?

He's a contractor so no

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    He's a contractor so no

And even if you are staff RTÉ are only to happy to give you your own weekend show a few months after retirement. Golfgate smothered that plan!

And even if you are staff RTÉ are only to happy to give you your own weekend show a few months after retirement. Golfgate smothered that plan!

Yeah, they gave the gig to Mary Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5919159/ex-today-host-sean-orourke-not-suing-rte-ditched-programme-over-golfgate/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

I heard a reporter on the RTÉ news this evening refer to the PUP payment. So, the Pandemic Unemployment Payment payment ! A small thing, but it annoyed me. Don't they require their reporters to be, you know, good at English ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Indeed he is, and apparently he is the standard bearer that others within RTE strive to achieve ...... especially financially.

Remember when pretty much everyone in Ireland knew that there was a lot of shenanigans going on at the FAI, and it took an awful long time before anything was done to finally deal with the corruption, the false financial reporting, and the other irregularities within the organisation?
    Many people in this country are getting the same feeling about RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had to laugh when I saw this story on the RTE New homepage, after all they have been going on about fake news they publish a story which is pure fake news, not a single verifiable source within their story, no Twitter account, no link to a discussion forum, nothing....

Brendan Gleenson highly praised for Trump portrayal
    One viewer described the portrayal as "one of the most unnerving things I've ever seen," adding: "I literally do not understand how an actor can get this close to real; it seems to involve about a hundred simultaneous decisions."

Another said: "Brendan Gleeson as Trump-Just wow! Nailed it."

Others described Gleeson's Trump as "chilling" and "magnetic".

They added: "He pulls you in. Malevolent seduction. Like the man himself, his is an evil not to be laughed off or underestimated."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0929/1168116-brendan-gleenson-highly-praised-for-trump-portrayal/

I had to laugh when I saw this story on the RTE New homepage, after all they have been going on about fake news they publish a story which is pure fake news, not a single verifiable source within their story, no Twitter account, no link to a discussion forum, nothing....

The RTE page is a joke, frankly. Whether it's the articles pushing an agenda, or the obvious bias.

Regarding Gleeson, however, meanwhile the Irish Independent actually has sources....

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/the-best-ive-seen-outside-a-lip-sync-critics-applaud-brendan-gleesons-portrayal-of-donald-trump-39568587.html

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0929/1168116-brendan-gleenson-highly-praised-for-trump-portrayal/

Unfortunately this twitter stream reporting is now part of journalism. Number of these types of reports across the board particular after TLLS.

OMG Ryan Tubs he gets

OMG Ryan he's like doing the nation justice

OMG did you just see that interview I am in tears

OMG Cannot take TLLS this evening soooooooo sad could it get and more depressing, Ryan is wonderful

OMG I just love the misery, TLLS great this evening, haven't cried as much as this since last week.

OMG that song was beautiful well done TLLS so sad, I could feel the passion.

Unfortunately this twitter stream reporting is now part of journalism. Number of these types of reports across the board particular after TLLS.

OMG Ryan Tubs he gets

OMG Cannot take TLLS this evening soooooooo sad could it get and more depressing, Ryan is wonderful

OMG I just love the misery, TLLS great this evening, haven't cried as much as this since last week.

They never report on the negative... like remember when they hyped up Shane McGowan singing Fairytale of New York with Philomena Begley?
    Whole night was 'building' to this... and then Ryan completely mucked it up.

Brings on Jason Byrne, which was a sign of crap to come... and then Fairytale of NY was so bad...
    Philomena didn't even know the words, and it went from 'This is ominous' to 'complete trainwreck'...

Twitter had words to say... RTE didn't report em.

https://about.rte.ie/2020/09/23/rte-statement-public-tender-for-rte-brand-reputation-research/

RTÉ have made a statement on Brand Tracker, the cost is for 5 years not 1 year, 90,000 a year.
    RTÉ Statement: Public tender for RTÉ Brand & Reputation Research

In response to inaccurate and misleading media reports and comment over the past two days regarding the RTÉ public tender for RTÉ Brand & Reputation Research, RTÉ wishes to clarify as follows:

RTÉ has a number of obligations to the regulator, the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI), one of which is to independently and regularly measure audience awareness and use of our services, as well satisfaction with these services. This forms part of obligatory reporting by RTÉ to the BAI;

The cost of this important and necessary independent research covers a five-year period, not one year, and is made up of four reports per year, 20 over five years. The total cost quoted in the public tender document is also an indicative cost;

This RTÉ Brand Tracker research, which is carried out every quarter, also allows RTÉ to track important indicators, such as trust, value and relevance. It is an invaluable and reliable tool which allows us to better understand the extent to which we are fulfilling our remit and meeting the needs of the audiences we serve. It also informs important decisions;

Since 2006, RTÉ has been obliged to run a public tender process every five years to appoint an independent and established agency to carry out this research; Red C is the incumbent.”

• Advertisement

RTE will be having a field day now Trump has Coronavirus.

The Late Late show was having updates on his 'health'. Really, they're playing grim reaper hoping for 'the worst'...

Tubridy was talking gleefully about Donnie's age, health, and diet...

It's rather disgusting, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The Late Late show was having updates on his 'health'. Really, they're playing grim reaper hoping for 'the worst'...

He just wished the POTUS and FLOTUS all the best for a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

They are a horrible group of cretins.
    Since March, RTE's tone has been noticeably downbeat .... in order to put the fear of Covid into everyone. But at 7 am today, when RTE Radio 1 Morning Ireland started their show, their tone was noticeably upbeat .... as they gleefully reported about the news from the WhiteHouse.

Tubridy? Doesn't he earn more the President of the United States?
    Yet, RTE supporters/staff on here tell us he is worth it.
    Amazing really if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably have his obituary ready at hand just in case

Live Photos of the Whitehouse lawn...

Showing the helicopter taking Donnie to the hospital.

We don't need live updates like that.

Live Photos of the Whitehouse lawn...

Showing the helicopter taking Donnie to the hospital.

We don't need live updates like that.

Have to say Donavan at least seems to be more available than his predecessors, there are time when something happens in the states and you wonder why the have a corespondent over their.

Have to say Donavan at least seems to be more available than his predecessors, there are time when something happens in the states and you wonder why the have a corespondent over their.

Or you have Sharon ni Bheolain throwing a strop because she wasn't put on the first plane to the states to report on the story.

Like she did in regards to events in the UK.

(At least now RTE can say 'but Sharon-Covid 19's preventing all that).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

fritzelly wrote: »
    Probably have his obituary ready at hand just in case

They’re all ready - fun fact, a mate years ago worked for the BBC and it was his job as an intern to catalogue the obituaries!

OMG Ryan Tubs he gets

Seems these weren’t far of the mark

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/rtes-ryan-tubridy-leaves-viewers-22785464

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5977940/rte-viewers-bawling-late-late-show-tribute-keelin-shanley/

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/late-late-show-viewers-stunned-22785396

• Advertisement

All thoroughly reliable, independent and objective journos that carefully check their sources - as opposed to those that just cut and paste from the press release. :pac:

Advertisement