Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchmen- HBO-(***Spoilers***)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Just got round to watching this. Don't have the excuse of not being a fan of the source material as I have had the graphic novel for many years and really enjoyed the 2009 take, which was essentially just the entire novel lifted from the pages to the big screen (minus the squid) - there was no real artistic interpretation, but Snyder did a great job of translating it into live action. I've just been a bit slow off the mark whilst I work through other series I'm behind on.

The TV show is incredible, no doubt. Starts off great ......... then gets better and better.

Ep6 was a particular highlight, as the credits rolled I couldn't believe the quality of what I'd just watched. One of the best pieces of TV I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just got round to watching this. Don't have the excuse of not being a fan of the source material as I have had the graphic novel for many years and really enjoyed the 2009 take, which was essentially just the entire novel lifted from the pages to the big screen (minus the squid) - there was no real artistic interpretation, but Snyder did a great job of translating it into live action. I've just been a bit slow off the mark whilst I work through other series I'm behind on.

The TV show is incredible, no doubt. Starts off great ......... then gets better and better.

Ep6 was a particular highlight, as the credits rolled I couldn't believe the quality of what I'd just watched. One of the best pieces of TV I've ever seen.

Just finished rewatching it myself last week. Still every bit as good as the first time. Absolutely stellar from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Zombie bump 💀👻 – just watched it now (I know, I know, but I do not experience time like other boardsies do...). Enjoyable, and one of the reasons I took a chance on it was because I already knew it was nominally a self-contained single-season series (though no reason there couldn’t be another adventure for related characters in a decade or two (if the Earth survives) etc.

One small possible plot-hole (not yet plugged by the liberal caulking of suspension-of-disbelief I applied to the various improbables of the world, characters and tech involved):

How could the ‘nostalgia pills’ have already included a memory of Judd’s death if Angela took them off grampa Hooded Justice just afterwards?

(Answers on a postcard, please) 🧐

Post edited by nomdeboardie on

Had to Google it because I couldn't quite remember the order of things. But after Angela puts Will in the car, Lady Trieu takes the car with Will in it. After the car is dropped out of the sky later, that's when Angela finds the pill bottle in it. So it's likely Lady Trieu and Will made the new pills in that timeframe and left them for Angela to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Ah, thanks - might be something like that - I'm pretty confused about the order of some events 🤪. By the way, I realise now that I forgot to use the spoiler feature on my Q 😳...have gone in to try to edit but not sure if it can be rerofitted - will try again ...OK, done

Post edited by nomdeboardie on

• Advertisement

I probably didn't even need to use them myself, I wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement