Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should alcohol be banned on Intercity rail journeys?

Options
124»

Comments

To be honest, alcohol has rarely been a problem for me on trains, its general "don't give a shyte about other people" behaviour.

Hen parties will still be loud and obnoxious on dry trains.

Stag parties will get liquored up before boarding.

Students in party humour will still party.

Enforce that stuff with each train having a supervisor or guard. The alcohol based shenanigans is overplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

on train security guards need deployed to trains today on busy journeys at least . my daughter who travelled on an irish rail train this morning (not the sligo to Dublin line) said there was almost a fight broke out because some woman was sitting in a booked seat and was adamant she was not going to move even after being told the seat was pre-booked because she said "I was here first!"

and also a guy moaning because a booked seat was 'empty' and packed carriages with standing passengers and peoples tensions running high. - one day there will be big rows break out in these type of situations and you either need a member of irish rail staff or a security firm employed by IR to be onboard and quell these type of things as well as antisocial behaviour and being drunk on trains and the like

Sligo people are a cut above that sort of carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sligo people are a cut above that sort of carry on.

yeah rabble :D

Advertisement