Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Weirdest part of the episode for me was the kids' mother marrying Peter Munnion, because all I could think of was Peter Mannion from The Thick of It.

Potential crossover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Highly possible. Jesse Armstrong was a writer on The Thick of It as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Only three episodes left, according to currently listed airing dates. They'd want to push it up a few notches to finish the season out on a high as things have been a little messy with an underwhelming plot so far in season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was that a line of duty reference when they were talking about "H"?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I don't know why the tolerate Conor at all. He's the least capable of them all, yet has the grandest vision for himself.

I thought he made a deal with Logan, close to the end of season 2, where Logan would give him money for his girlfriends play, as long as he dropped his plans to run for president. Am I remembering that wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think Conor has never really been fleshed out as a character. His "run for President" story has always felt a bit undercooked to me.

Yeah, it is a bit stupid. I can understand that he might be blowing that dream up in his own head, but I can't see how Logan or anyone else in the family haven't totally shut him down on how ludicrous it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's probably because he has enough shares in the company and is sensitive enough that Logan or others completely shutting him down might make him sell up or at least not side with them in votes etc. Plus while Ken, Shiv, Roman and Logan can all b*tch at each other because they all give as good as they get and roll with it, Connor is just of a different breed (literally, I'm pretty sure he has a different mother than the others).

Over the years they've probably found it's best to just placate him a bit to keep him happy but not let him have any actual power or influence.

Of course, I forgot about the shares he'd have, and the power that would give him. Yeah, it's come up before about him having a different mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

This season has been very slow thus far. Hopefully Tom flips the chess board and brings down Logan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shiv definitely didn't look happy with the choice for president, wonder if that could be the catilist for things to come.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I suppose it's just easier for everyone to let him think he could be president and keep him onside and happy.

No point alienating him when he really doesn't cause any hassle other than talking ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Conor is delusional, lives in his own little world, no one takes him seriously, not his siblings, dad or even his wife

He's a joke , the presidential ambition thing is a joke to everyone but him

She's not his wife. No way Logan would let him marry a concubine like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

yep, I was expecting Logan to say "yeah you can be president but first you need to split up with the girlfriend, like right now"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Roman seems to get very taken with people if they speak with authority. First the odd guy at the theme park manager camp and now their presidential pick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I agree the show has lost something this season, it's not quite as gripping.

I am most fearful for Siobhan at the moment.

Yeah, but then you remember she's just as bad as the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I wonder is that down to running out of ideas or just bad luck with covid hitting that they had to re-jig the original plan as a result of logistics etc.

The first 2 seasons were top class. Season 3 is still good just a step down in terms of overall quality delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I feel she has so much to lose. The way things can be with Tom and Logan has a way of eyeballing her when he's not pleased about something she's done that seems more than just his feeling in that moment. I don't know how to put it. Can't see her ever being CEO. Kendall's colourful history is such that certain things are expected, Siobhan seems be on a few banana skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Conor will be President.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Started watching Succession about a fortnight ago, worked my way through the first and second series and I'm finally fully up to speed with series 3. I feel like nothing's really happened this series, and I don't know where it's leading to. I just hope it's going somewhere.

Got a real laugh out of Tom having a "prison consultant" though!

This series isn't as good as one and two imo. Aimless, as someone else said. Very samey. Connor running for president is just stupid.

That said, it's still good.

Roman seems the youngest, then Shiv.

On Reddit I think, some inconsistencies were pointed out - it was Roman who was referred to as the youngest initially, but later that became Shiv (or maybe it was the other way around). Also, Roman was in a relationship with a woman called Grace, named in the credits as Grace Roy, so his wife. Kids too - although maybe it was never implied that Roman is their father. But now that marriage just... never happened. No divorce, not even a mention.

Ken just needs to take the offer of $2,000,000,000 for his shares, and go live somewhere that he doesn't need to interact with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Best episode of the season thus far. Although harsh, I think Ken deserves the abuse haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Great episode. The last two episodes were a return to form after an underwhelming first 5 in season 3.

The compliment tunnel 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Some superb Tom/Greg interactions and lines once again.

Fcuk me that episode was brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Tom is constantly on teetering with a full-on breakdown. I think we may see it this season triggered by Shiv gobbling some side-dick*.

Hard to tell who is the most despicable out of all of them.

*Tomism

Advertisement