Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm on tenterhooks.

Same....:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

se7en.png

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

latest?cb=20140505153552

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Unless the package has come from Pat Mustard, is this really that much of an issue? I'd love to get random free stuff delivered.

Probably not this, but there's a fascinating subworld of people delivering cheap tat to random people to game online-retailer rankings.

I can't find the podcast in the ten seconds I have to devote to this, but this is pretty much what they said:
    There was actually a Reply All podcast about this recently. Reviews that are made by customers who have actually purchased the product are prioritized in the reviews section for a product. So paid reviewers in other countries purchase the product and send them to random addresses throughout the United States.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comments/8yy0km/receiving_unordered_items_from_amazon_prime/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I can't find the podcast in the ten seconds I have to devote to this
    I found your laziness inspiring so I finished the job.

Half way into this...

https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/124

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Wasn't there a thread on the Fitzwilliam Square cycle track scheme?

https://irishcycle.com/2019/03/13/were-planning-for-cycling-for-all-ages-and-abilities-says-engineer-to-cllrs-focused-on-car-parking/

Not that I want to focus on the sensational, but Nazis Ted, NAZIS!
    Cllr Chris Andrews said: “Cllr Lacey said that some cyclist behave like loonatics [sic], and, indeed, some cyclists behave like Nazis.

Who's been invading Poland? Come on, own up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Maybe he is comparing the taking over of parking spaces to Lebensraum or something, because other than that I'm lost.

If anything, I'd have imagined they were very orderly cyclists, horrible people, but thoroughly marshalled, drilled and orderly cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Spotted a lovely sign at Alfie Byrne road this morning:

̈́"It would take 15 minutes to cycle from here to College Green"

Mind you, today of all days it would likely take longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe1KLHyxl7-SB-L0pyDqRl72ug_-mI2ZPpXh8EkPhUKM0JoMNKvQ

They have one of those signs on the Swords/Drumcondra road in Whitehall. 16 minutes to GPO it claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Weepsie wrote: »
    They have one of those signs on the Swords/Drumcondra road in Whitehall. 16 minutes to GPO it claims.

I'm surprised that some of our less intelligent councillors haven't come out to complain about them as they only encourage cyclists to cycle even faster to try beat the times. The new version of Strava hooligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

buffalo wrote: »
    Who's been invading Poland? Come on, own up!
    I always feel a bit of a fascist in traffic when indicating reich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Alek wrote: »

Hmm, I'm still running with the theory that there is some time travel shenanigans going on here. I'm thinking that Doc Brown sent it in the past, Back to the Future style, or that CramCycle has sent himself something from the future.

If the latter is indeed the case, I'm guessing it's his original human brain in a jar after having transferred his conciousness to a robotic chassis years from now in some kind of post-apocalyptic scenario (probably 2021 or thereabouts).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm on tenterhooks.
    Alek wrote: »

Bloody Daughter and DPD did not want to communicate, and she then decided that college was more important. Have it redirected to a drop off point, so tonight or tomorrow for answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

CramCycle wrote: »
    Bloody Daughter and DPD did not want to communicate, and she then decided that college was more important. Have it redirected to a drop off point, so tonight or tomorrow for answers

*doubles stake on "future brain in a jar"*

*crosses fingers*

*ponders nature of near future apocalypse*

*crosses toes*

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Such a disappointing post... I was opening alert with such excitement:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Does anyone know where the National Road Championships are due to take place this year?

marvin80 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the National Road Championships are due to take place this year?

27-30th of June according to Cycling Ireland calendar.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

They'll be in Derry this year. Foyle CC are the promoting club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Maybe? Just maybe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

They'll be in Derry this year. Foyle CC are the promoting club.

Will we need a Visa to enter?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    There putting out tenders for the wall. The Donald looks like a shoe in to build it given his talents in this area. May be one or two BMX's in the field given some of the barriers that should be in place by then

RobFowl wrote: »

We got the green card from the car insurance in the post today.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We got the green card from the car insurance in the post today.
    That only allows you to drive in NI. You need the red, white & blue one for the rest of the UK:pac:

Anybody else sitting in work waiting for an update on this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anybody else sitting in work waiting for an update on this?

Got an email a few minutes ago, it is at the collection point, will be collecting on the way home.

This is like the 'I found a safe' thread a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

briefcase.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Cram, upon opening the box.

475460.jpg

Advertisement