Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

And even better....

And EVEN better:
    A lot of other activity happened in three brothels ran by three middle-aged men who were convicted in the August 1884 trial. Who were they and what happened to them?

– Daniel Considine (41) [..] who was charged with keeping a room “for the purpose … of buggery” at his lodgings at 10 Great Ship Street in the shadow of Dublin Castle. He was found guilty and sentenced to the maximum punishment of two years hard labour.

Robert Fowler (60), a Protestant toymaker, who lived in nearby 43 Golden Lane who was charged and found guilty of the same offence.

https://comeheretome.com/2018/11/16/the-dublin-castle-scandal-1884-and-the-unspeakable-crime/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

"– Daniel Considine (41) [..] who was charged with keeping a room “for the purpose … of buggery” at his lodgings at 10 Great Ship Street in the shadow of Dublin Castle. He was found guilty and sentenced to the maximum punishment of two years hard labour.

Robert Fowler (60), a Protestant toymaker, who lived in nearby 43 Golden Lane who was charged and found guilty of the same offence."

All round to my Gaff for a "party" later?

Bring your "chamois cream"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    for the purpose … of buggery
    Fitting mudguards, probably. That is always a total buggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'd say it was fitting, tubeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Or some kind of Rim Job??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Would ultegra spd-sl pedals normally be on offer for Black Friday? I'm looking to pick up a set of R8000s.

Would ultegra spd-sl pedals normally be on offer for Black Friday? I'm looking to pick up a set of R8000s.

Wiggle and chainreaction saying 30-40% off but nearly every other site I use has them for the same price around €105

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Wiggle and chainreaction saying 30-40% off but nearly every other site I use has them for the same price around €105

Yeah I saw that. Usual thing of making the normal price look like a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

Macy0161 wrote: »
    ... I went to primary school in the UK, and we did the Cycling Proficiency course (and test!). Was there ever an Irish equivalent? All the talk of teaching driving skills in secondary schools, but I've never heard mention of it.

I used to work in a primary school in Dublin and the kids got cycling training. So I guess the crowd giving the lessons go school to school and make a living out of it. Often things like that get paid by the parents' committee fundraising, so it's probably not done in every school. It might be a good investment by the Department of Transport or Department of Health or Department of the Environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Would it be okay to wipe down my bike with 100% IPA wipes every so often, would it wear the paint?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

disposable wipes are the spawn of the devil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Use a rag, baby wipes don't break down and are an environmental issues. Will also be the reason your drains block if you flush them. Google London Fatberg for examples.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

though i am intrigued by the idea of wiping your bike down with indian pale ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Macy0161 wrote: »
    ... I went to primary school in the UK, and we did the Cycling Proficiency course (and test!). Was there ever an Irish equivalent?...
    We did cycling road craft type lessons in primary school around 1975. I don't recall doing a test though. As far as I remember we had to bring our bikes to school one day a month and there were lines drawn out in the school yard to replicate a road/junction etc.

(It was though considered extremely uncool and nerdy to do the 'slowing down' hand motion outside of school).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Old Perry wrote: »
    Would it be okay to wipe down my bike with 100% IPA wipes every so often, would it wear the paint?

Stop robbing wipes from work! :)

Use the 6%. They’ll do the job nicely.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

though i am intrigued by the idea of wiping your bike down with indian pale ale.

Gas ;). Isopropyl Alcohol wipes, not suitable for children, great for cleaning steel counter tops and the like, just wondering would they damage paint.

Brian? wrote: »
    Stop robbing wipes from work! :)

Use the 6%. They’ll do the job nicely.

Thanks, I shall purchase some 6% from my local supplier ðŸ˜

They won't damage the bike, but seriously, use a rag, not wipes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I keep odd socks and such for cleaning bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

Gas wink.png. Isopropyl Alcohol wipes, not suitable for children, great for cleaning steel counter tops and the like, just wondering would they damage paint.
    BikeRegister supply a few with their kits, so they must feel they're ok. I can't recall if they're 100% and don't know how significant the % would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Weepsie wrote: »
    I keep odd socks and such for cleaning bikes

You wear microfiber socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

CramCycle wrote: »
    They won't damage the bike, but seriously, use a rag, not wipes.

Absolutely. Ecological disaster area, wipes are.

[old fart] Should be banned [/old fart]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

brownian wrote: »
    Absolutely. Ecological disaster area, wipes are.

[old fart] Should be banned [/old fart]

stuff that goes to land fill is why taxes and levy's are needed, because people make decisions based on monetary values.

I'd like to extend this to try encourage people to use environmentally friendly degreasers etc plenty good value ones out their

manafana wrote: »
    stuff that goes to land fill is why taxes and levy's are needed, because people make decisions based on monetary values.

I'd like to extend this to try encourage people to use environmentally friendly degreasers etc plenty good value ones out their

Training at a young age works well as well. My son was round at an aunts, he asked her to double check his butt after a toilet trip, and she went to wipe his ass with a wipe. Well holy hell did he lose the rag. For a normally placid child, they had to ring me and talk him down over the phone. He went mental, called her a bad aunt, told her she would break the toilet and destroy the environment.

An over reaction but I have to say, teach them when they are young is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Anyone out there own a Scott Addict RC 20 2019? Have it on my shortlist for a lightweight climber. Be interested to know what people thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

CramCycle wrote: »
    Training at a young age works well as well. My son was round at an aunts, he asked her to double check his butt after a toilet trip, and she went to wipe his ass with a wipe. Well holy hell did he lose the rag. For a normally placid child, they had to ring me and talk him down over the phone. He went mental, called her a bad aunt, told her she would break the toilet and destroy the environment.

An over reaction but I have to say, teach them when they are young is the way to go.

i hope your not teaching your kid trickle down economics and authoritarianism as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

What's the more northern part of the Malahide Road/Oscar Traynor Road like for cycling these days? I have to head up that way around 3pm on a weekday soon, probably coming back down it around 17:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

Wonder was there any interest from other teams in him? He's what 34/35?

Last few years there haven't been great for him, even when he did race there were many dnf's . Wonder what issues he had if any? Interesting too he used the word 'job' I've seen it suggested that thats all cycling was to him at this stage.

Best of luck to him, he'll have his hands full with the baby now I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It's a pity that Phil Deignan never got to ride the Tour

Advertisement