Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, I've gone diagonal across for the youngest for access. Plus my belief if that you're in an accident with another car, it's going to be driver to driver side, so sitting on the passenger side they're not on the impact side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yeah, I've gone diagonal across for the youngest for access. Plus my believe if that you're in an accident with another car, it's going to be driver to driver side, so sitting on the passenger side they're not on the impact side.

And if you have parallel parked with flow (as you should) then you get the child out of the car on the footpath and not into traffic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

seems to be a little bit more resurfacing than normal, going on around dublin at the moment - maybe they're ramping up to use up their budgets before the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seems to be a little bit more resurfacing than normal, going on around dublin at the moment - maybe they're ramping up to use up their budgets before the end of the year?
    That's exactly what it is, you see it every year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cycled home the long way on my track bike last night. Wore a warm winter jacket and jeans. I must have lost alot of sweat because I cannot walk properly today with the pains all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Griffith and Collin's avenue have lovely surfaces now. Collin's avenue needed it in fairness. Griffith could've lasted another while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    Cycled home the long way on my track bike last night. Wore a warm winter jacket and jeans. I must have lost alot of sweat because I cannot walk properly today with the pains all over.

Big gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Flu season…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Did you wear your special Yellow T-Shirt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

De Bhál wrote: »
    Griffith and Collin's avenue have lovely surfaces now. Collin's avenue needed it in fairness. Griffith could've lasted another while.
    i use griffith avenue a fair bit, and would agree with you - which section of collins avenue though? is it the bumpy concrete section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

i use griffith avenue a fair bit, and would agree with you - which section of collins avenue though? is it the bumpy concrete section?

At Larkhill from the dentist at saint aidans to swords road from what I have seen.

nee wrote: »
    Big gear?
    49 X 15, up to step aside and over Enniskerry. In hindsight it may have been me pulling against the descent into Enniskerry as I have been a little untrusting since my chain snapped awje ago.
    Rechuchote wrote: »
    Flu season…
    Alas no, not fly bad, although comically I know fall downstairs rather than walk
    daragh_ wrote: »
    Did you wear your special Yellow T-Shirt?
    I am offering a winter training plan for jealous club mates, sounds quite suitable for some around here.

49 X 15, up to step aside and over Enniskerry. In hindsight it may have been me pulling against the descent into Enniskerry as I have been a little untrusting since my chain snapped awje ago.

Alas no, not fly bad, although comically I know fall downstairs rather than walk

I am offering a winter training plan for jealous club mates, sounds quite suitable for some around here.

49x15? An 88 is a whopper gear for the road! Especially those roads. Your poor knees!
    I'm shortly to be rocking a tiny 48x18 on the road #spintowin

What does 49 x 15 mean?

Rechuchote wrote: »
    What does 49 x 15 mean?

49 tooth chainring on the front and 15 tooth cog on the back. As it turns out, it's actually a 16 as I counted this morning. Wheels are 700x23 so my gear inches (how far you go per revolution) is about 80.

I'd prefer gear metres or centimetres but historical needs.

what's considered normal for a track bike?

I don't think there is a normal as it depends on what your doing. For racing I'd imagine 48x16 as a minimum for learners uptown some crazy stuff from the pros.

For commuting, I think the recommended is 46x16 or 18 as it gives range of doable inclines without crawling on the flat as well as quick acceleration. Everyone is different though. I used to go round Wicklow with a 50x14 or 16.

I used to go round Wicklow with a 50x14 or 16.

Holy fcuk :eek:

As regards what's normal on a real bike, ores real individual.
    88 -94 would be my range, 96 next year maybe but that's huge for me.
    Sprinters go up to 100 + but no more than 120 outside i think. Inside people race on much bigger gears.
    At the international, they rode 98's in the bunch races, outside! :eek:

A 90 (50x15) is a good average gear, you'd warm up on a smaller one then train/ race on a bigger one.

slight formatting error here. or maybe it does what it says on the tin.

464721.png

Hmm. (Starts counting teeth on little sprocket wheels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7…)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

That time of the year again so here's a link for road and air temperatures from all over Ireland. Updated every 15/20 minutes I think as well:

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

If you're not too precious the marathon route is full of discarded arm warmers :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

464821.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

A whole thread in and of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I need lights for my winter hack. It was pitch black at 5.30 this morning and this walking to the gym lark will get very old very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

464821.jpeg

Will it tell me me, that I'm 30 years old, fit, weigh 75kgs and am attractive to the opposite sex?
    I'd like to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Trying to justify a gabba, but already have a Galibier Mistral Lite, so struggling! Anyone had or directly compared them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Trying to justify a gabba, but already have a Galibier Mistral Lite, so struggling! Anyone had or directly compared them?

Sure just do an extra day's cycling, justified... Too hard to dry clothes this time if year so more clobber needed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dahat wrote: »
    Sure just do an extra day's cycling, justified... Too hard to dry clothes this time if year so more clobber needed!!!!
    It's a cheap sport, once you buy the bike...

Advertisement