Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You'd have completed a cycling worlds quicker than these lads have had to play. It's a long time to keep your head together..
    It used to be a hell of a lot longer but has been shortened since it has been televised. The 1952 final was 145 frames played over 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

It used to be a hell of a lot longer but has been shortened since it has been televised. The 1952 final was 145 frames played over 6 days.

Yeah, and I know they're playing 35 frames now, but Jesus, Selby makes it feel like double that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cletus wrote: »
    Yeah, and I know they're playing 35 frames now, but Jesus, Selby makes it feel like double that

That's for sure but that patience and calmness has paid off tonight.

I was rooting for Murphy but Selby was the better of the two despite some late magic from the Magician.

Last night I watched the Lance Armstrong documentary, Lance, that was broadcast on BBC2 back in January. For some reason, the second episode didn't record to my Sky box.

I've never been a fan of LA but this documentary was quite engaging, imo.

Anyway, I'd like to see the second episode but I can't access it on the BBC Player as it's region locked. I don't want to pay for a VPN.

Any suggestions or is it a lost cause?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It was recently shown on RTE, so is availlable on RTE player for another week

Great stuff, Weepsie. Thanks for that. I don't watch TV much so wasn't aware that RTÉ had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,847 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

crosstownk wrote: »
    Last night I watched the Lance Armstrong documentary, Lance, that was broadcast on BBC2 back in January. For some reason, the second episode didn't record to my Sky box.

I've never been a fan of LA but this documentary was quite engaging, imo.

Anyway, I'd like to see the second episode but I can't access it on the BBC Player as it's region locked. I don't want to pay for a VPN.

Any suggestions or is it a lost cause?

Definitely not a doc for his fans. Although at least it shows them finally that he was disliked by his detractors in cycling not because he cheated but because he was a complete c**t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Definitely not a doc for his fans. Although at least it shows them finally that he was disliked by his detractors in cycling not because he cheated but because he was a complete c**t

yeah I read Hamilton's book recently and he (LA) comes across as borderline psychopath.

loyatemu wrote: »
    yeah I read Hamilton's book recently and he (LA) comes across as borderline psychopath.

There have been attempts to excuse him or rehabilitate him with the "they were all doping" line but the were not all complete a*******$ too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Jesus I'd quit messing about if I was in your position. Either get shop to replace wheel or bring it to a proper mechanic and get him to assess it and maybe rebuild wheel.

In all probability there is nothing wrong with your spokes but wheel was never properly built in first place. Simply replacing the broken spoke without figuring out why it happened is a waste of time.

Wheels on new bikes are often shipped with tensions all over the place. Some bean counter somewhere has figured that is cheaper than doing it right.
    I'm pretty sure they built it themselves, I think. Anyway, brought it in and he said it needed a rebuild, giving them one last chance. Then I will look for a replacement, to be honest, I just need the wheel more than I need to be right at this point as I have no back ups at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Did a pretty hard interval session and my Garmin tells me im "recovering" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Covid mobility stats and data: https://www.dublininquirer.com/2021/05/05/here-are-the-transport-changes-2-300-people-asked-for-to-make-the-city-better-for-covid-travel
    More than 2,300 people wrote to Dublin City Council in the last year to say what transport infrastructure changes they want to see in the city.

Details of the “Covid mobility requests” – the interventions that people wanted so they could get around the city safely during the pandemic – were released under the Freedom of Information Act.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(ignore the reply to this tweet - I had to include it as the main tweet offended the bad word filter)

https://twitter.com/Claire_b1980/status/1389863707166052354

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Opinions on black shoes with black socks? No matter how much I try I feel like a priest on a bike.

Opinions on black shoes with black socks? No matter how much I try I feel like a priest on a bike.

If the priest look is unavoidable then maybe these socks will complete the ensemble.......

Priest-Sock.jpg
    upload pics

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/le-col-cycling-socks/rp-prod185838

crosstownk wrote: »
    If the priest look is unavoidable then maybe these socks will complete the ensemble.......

Priest-Sock.jpg
    upload pics

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/le-col-cycling-socks/rp-prod185838

The white is nice but it's a pity the only other colours are blue and really really dark blue

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think it's a no, but I have no business really judging anyone for their shoe and sock combos as an odd sock wearer.
    Really, really, really dark blue socks are a no no from my thoroughly unqualified standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's only a real issue with my black bib shorts though I find. I think black socks with white shoes looks better. Controversial.

It doesn't help my shoes are jet black. Reminds me of dress shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Hmmmmm.......so the updated Strava app went live this morning but now it won't open and their website seems to be down.:confused:

You see people, we are right to fear change!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Strava.comMajor Outage
    APIMajor Outage
    https://status.strava.com/

1AM for them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what a dose. they may well have added based on customer feature requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

what a dose. they may well have added based on customer feature requests.

In fairness, Strava have a long history of adding updates that nobody asked for, while ignoring repeated and prolonged requests for certain features from users

Working now. I like it. It's a bit clearer to get around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

Weepsie wrote: »
    Working now. I like it. It's a bit clearer to get around

is strava still down/out ? my rides have gone to garmin connect but not to strava , updated the Strava app on my iphone as well and did all the reconnecting from garmin to Strava ??

It should be easy enough to have an IT team sitting somewhere with all the footage sent to them

• Advertisement

devonp wrote: »
    is strava still down/out ? my rides have gone to garmin connect but not to strava , updated the Strava app on my iphone as well and did all the reconnecting from garmin to Strava ??

Worked fine for me at 3pm.

Advertisement