Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

secman wrote: »
    I use a sandwich zippy back to keep my phone dry and always have emergency money in it too.

Mine's in my puncture kit (which reminds me, is there anywhere you can buy tubes of glue without buying the whole kit?)

And while I'm at it, if anyone wants those long strips of patch stuff that can be cut to shape, the shop in Donnybrook beside the traffic lights has some - someone asked them to get it and then never came back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Rechuchote wrote: »
    (which reminds me, is there anywhere you can buy tubes of glue without buying the whole kit?)

I seem to recall buying some in decathlon in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I use a sandwich zippy back to keep my phone dry and always have emergency money in it too.
    But that's something that you must pack/unpack each time so I wouldn't consider it 'emergency' money but just ordinary money that you'd take on any ride.

BTW - I'd never go out for a ride without a credit card either. You never know when you'd have to buy a tyre, chain etc. or get a taxi home if the team car isn't available.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

200 posts in 12 hours about cycling past horses. I don't know what point I'm making here...but it's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

colm18 wrote: »
    200 posts in 12 hours about cycling past horses. I don't know what point I'm making here...but it's bizarre.

Not just cyclists. They are triathletes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Yeah, they were triathaloning past the horses, not cycling!

Ugh, now I've infected this thread with horsiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

and even worse, triathaloniness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Not EVEN cyclists.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Eamonnator wrote: »
    and even worse, triathaloniness
    that's the worst form of loneliness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Neigh bother, the mane point is there is a thread for all that mucking (ab)out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

guys, can we rein in the horse puns?

guys, can we rein in the horse puns?

You could shout yourself hoarse, they won't listen.

A rolling horse gathers no moss?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Neigh point is asking people to rein it in, its just something we are going to be saddled with

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Woah woah woah calm down on the equi puns there, you can lead a horse to water...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

RobFowl wrote: »
    Neigh point is asking people to rein it in, its just something we are going to be saddled with

Aye, they've got the bit between their teeth alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭secman

But that's something that you must pack/unpack each time so I wouldn't consider it 'emergency' money but just ordinary money that you'd take on any ride.

BTW - I'd never go out for a ride without a credit card either. You never know when you'd have to buy a tyre, chain etc. or get a taxi home if the team car isn't available.

There's a €20 note in each zippy bag with each helmet, phone is the only "packing" Donal. See I tend not to stop anyways barring an Emergency , must check those notes in case they are £20 punts :)

WTF! We are actually debating how the location of money on/in your bike determines if it is for emergency or casual use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭secman

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    WTF! We are actually debating how the location of money on/in your bike determines if it is for emergency or casual use?

Where do you keep your regular spin money and your emergency money and your critical event money... :)

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

These are the important issues of our times. :D

I never thought of an emergency tenner in the bars. Good tip. I'll pop one in there the next time I have a spare one. My bar ends have commitment issues though. I need to get my jam on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I keep €3000 in the downtube in case I have to buy a new bike

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I keep €3000 in the downtube in case I have to buy a new bike

*Follows Boscoirl home*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Where do you keep your regular spin money and your emergency money and your critical event money... :)

In his wallet beside the turbo trainer or else in his running shorts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

nee wrote: »
    .... My bar ends have commitment issues though. I need to get my jam on.
    I use these on my bikes - they tighten up with a hex key and you can match the colour to the bike. They have never come loose and seem to last forever. €4 a pair.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/lifeline-alloy-screw-in-bar-end-plugs/rp-prod155567

I use these on my bikes - they tighten up with a hex key and you can match the colour to the bike. They have never come loose and seem to last forever. €4 a pair.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/lifeline-alloy-screw-in-bar-end-plugs/rp-prod155567

Oh! They look the business. The thoughts of paying €4 for bar ends though.

But then again one of my bikes is completely missing bar ends, my pursuit bars have only 3, and the road bike has one.
    It may be time to do something about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

nee wrote: »
    Oh! They look the business. The thoughts of paying €4 for bar ends though.

But then again one of my bikes is completely missing bar ends, my pursuit bars have only 3, and the road bike has one.
    It may be time to do something about it!

Only available in orange! Will they match the bike?

Only available in orange! Will they match the bike?

They will not! No bar ends for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I got Sram bar ends in the colour of the bike, big 'S' on them too - Scott bike so I'm doubly pleased. I am also now realising I have android pay on my feckin phone. I set it up ages ago but have yet to actually use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Mine's in my puncture kit (which reminds me, is there anywhere you can buy tubes of glue without buying the whole kit?)

I think you can get tubes of solution easily enough, but they're usually too big to fit into a standard puncture repair kit case. I use the big tube anyway, as it fits into my slightly larger than usual repair kit.

I find if you enclose the solution tube in a plastic sleeve and keep it firmly closed with an elastic band, the solution doesn't dry out.

And while I'm at it, if anyone wants those long strips of patch stuff that can be cut to shape, the shop in Donnybrook beside the traffic lights has some - someone asked them to get it and then never came back for it.
    Yeah, I like that stuff. I got a long roll of it in Bee Cycles. Has lasted me years so far. Still loads of it left.

Advertisement