Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Absolutely ridiculous. There's commercial signs all over Dublin, there's still ones up from the Great Dublin Bike ride a year later, as well as the odd political one under the guise of advertising public meetings. Let's see how quickly the various litter wardens act on those.

Anyway, it's not the Dutch Bike Shop they should have fined, let's see them chase that girl down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I saw the article and thought, damn, at €3 a bike I'll throw a few in the car and leave them over :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

At least it's led to a bit of sympathy and heightened public profile for the Dutch Bike Shop. They might come out ahead in the final tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anyone interested in going to see Orica GreenEdge's documentary? Tickets on sale via Scott-Orwell Wheelers now!

https://www.orwellwheelers.org/home/news-and-events/1181-all-for-one-screening
    https://tickets.demand.film/event/5010

(not exclusive to members)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

buffalo wrote: »
    Anyone interested in going to see Orica GreenEdge's documentary? Tickets on sale via Scott-Orwell Wheelers now!

https://www.orwellwheelers.org/home/news-and-events/1181-all-for-one-screening
    https://tickets.demand.film/event/5010

(not exclusive to members)

I really hope that there are swords in it with a name like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just spent 30quid on a haircut and while parting with the cash I realised that when I'm not in work I usually have a helmet on my head

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Being bald and using a mack 3 twice weekly to get it as tight as possible seems to be very economical on that pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

€30!! Jaysus

I get my hair cut for a tenner, same guy for almost 30yrs,

I would be raging in he wasn’t working the day I call in and one of the other lads charges me the full price of €12 ��

I've been going to this place a few years. Pool table while you wait and a couple of beers. Plus it's a good job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I just spent 30quid on a haircut and while parting with the cash I realised that when I'm not in work I usually have a helmet on my head

Even at home?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Even at home?

Rarely at home these days. Every day this week had at least 3hours in the saddle after work

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Picked up a badly infected saddle sore this week which needs a course of anti biotics, massively uncomfortable for a couple of days but getting better now.

Some new practices needed for travelling for league races etc plus a bike fit adjustment maybe needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Boscoirl wrote: »
    €30!! Jaysus

I would be raging in he wasn’t working the day I call in and one of the other lads charges me the full price of €12 ��

How often?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Every 4-5 weeks, unfortunately it doesn’t grow much on top any more :)

Enjoying a celebratory beer and catching up on cycing on eurosport. We had a new arrival in the wee hours this morning and mammy and Alice doing very well.

Took my 4 year old down to meet her new sister this evening and it was love at first sight. Already asking for a seat for her sister on her bike :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Enjoying a celebratory beer and catching up on cycing on eurosport. We had a new arrival in the wee hours this morning and mammy and Alice doing very well.

Took my 4 year old down to meet her new sister this evening and it was love at first sight. Already asking for a seat for her sister on her bike :eek:

Awww congratulatioons Enfilade clan! Cheers to the patter of tiny wheels!
    Big sister bike seat is absolutely adorable, #clan.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FbLCwC4sac7iH6%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Announced today that Pinot won't ride the Tour, not a surprise really given how he went in the Giro. Barguils form seems to be in the gutters, Allaphilippe is not ready to challenge on GC yet so a lot pressure on Bardet. I'd love to see a French winner again, think it would be good for cycling

Also Bouhanni doing Bouhanni things in the Route d'Occitanie
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bouhanni-its-complicated-at-cofidis/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Boscoirl wrote: »
    €30!! Jaysus

i haven't paid for a haircut in over 20 years. courtesy of a wahl pet clipper.
    it was the exact same as the hairdressing one was, but at half the price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was in dartford in east london (or is it more precise to say east of london?) yesterday and today for a family funeral. was interesting to see how militant some commuting cyclists were; i think we were a couple of miles outside the more developed cycling routes. but my brother got a blast of an air horn while trying to parallel park, and the cyclist would have had a load of time to see what was happening (rental car so was done with care)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

was in dartford in east london (or is it more precise to say east of london?) yesterday and today for a family funeral. was interesting to see how militant some commuting cyclists were; i think we were a couple of miles outside the more developed cycling routes. but my brother got a blast of an air horn while trying to parallel park, and the cyclist would have had a load of time to see what was happening (rental car so was done with care)

london is just bit ratty anyway person be it on bike, walking etc just let it bother them

Aching all over this morning. Heavy heavy session in the gym yesterday, grappling, striking and some light sparring then did 130kms out to Baltinglas after. Biggest issue was I lost the 20quid I had in my jersey so the whole lot was done with no food, only discovered the cash was gone when I got to Baltinglas, I had spent the previous 20odd kms dreaming of what I was going to get to eat. The whole lot was done on no food since breakfast - which was light and no water for the return leg. I really should have just asked a pub or something to fill my bottle.
    Taking a rest today, went to the gym purely to chill in the pool for an hour.
    I shall be spending the rest of the day watching the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... I lost the 20quid I had in my jersey so the whole lot was done with no food, only discovered the cash was gone when I got to Baltinglas....
    Wrap an 'emergency' tenner in cling film and put inside the handlebars.

also u cant go wrong with carrying an emergency gel u dont plan on using

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Discovered The Dome Cafe, just outside Roundwood (Laragh side) today. Highly recommended - friendly staff, beautiful surroundings, great cake and coffee. No more Hippy Cafe for me!

colm18 wrote: »
    Discovered The Dome Cafe, just outside Roundwood (Laragh side) today. Highly recommended - friendly staff, beautiful surroundings, great cake and coffee. No more Hippy Cafe for me!

to be fair the guys in roundwood are always top notch just not setup to accommodate alot of bikes, but noted on the dome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

colm18 wrote: »

Fab spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Kimmage sums up Froome:
    Eight months later, the first 'Tour of Renewal' was won by a cancer survivor called Lance Armstrong. There has been no shortage of wonder in the decades that have followed and the favourite for this year's race is Chris Froome, a four-time winner who has survived bilharzia, typhoid, urticaria, blastocystosis, asthma and a temporary bout of renal failure during the last Tour of Spain. So you will hopefully forgive me for giving it a swerve.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/paul-kimmage-twenty-years-on-from-the-calvary-of-the-1998-tour-de-france-cycling-still-has-a-cross-to-bear-37018184.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

I use a sandwich zippy back to keep my phone dry and always have emergency money in it too.

Advertisement