Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If I had €1,600,000 to buy a house I'd buy this and then retire on the €1,030,000 left over. :)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-sonnys-ballinahoun-kilmuckridge-co-wexford/2922989

Ony 5km to two very nice beaches. Would that garden be big enough? :D

You'd need to really, real, really enjoy cutting grass to live there,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Alun wrote: »
    You'd need to really, real, really enjoy cutting grass to live there,

I think some amateur farming to keep occupied, maybe go somewhat towards being self-sufficient during retirement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If I had €1,600,000 to buy a house I'd buy this and then retire on the €1,030,000 left over. :)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-sonnys-ballinahoun-kilmuckridge-co-wexford/2922989

Ony 5km to two very nice beaches. Would that garden be big enough? :D

Shocking bang of McMansion off that and the cheap white cack PVC windows and doors give it a twist of private nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

razorblunt wrote: »
    To be fair, it looks well, bathroom needs a bit of modernising and a few rooms need a bit of TLC but surely for that price you'd get off street parking and a better garden?

I can’t believe that on her wages she hasn’t installed a decent wet room with walk-in shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

humberklog wrote: »
    Shocking bang of McMansion off that and the cheap white cack PVC windows and doors give it a twist of private nursing home.

Strange one that.
    It looks like a farm house with the sheds a field away, although the sheds are not included in this sale.
    With the mature trees on the drive, I suspect there was an older dwelling there that was demolished.
    I thought farms were usually auctioned.
    Maybe it was split a while back between siblings or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^^^

“This house comprises of 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, sitting room, kitchen and utility.”

And one gopnik.

At least we know where all of Miriam O'Callaghan's bathrooms went.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope not, no one wants a stranger pooing in their hall.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You'd think he'd use the toilet instead of going on the floor, it's just beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Miriam's house is lovely but the decor is horrible, especially the pale blue and the leather sofas.

be careful there are a few in the thread who love the colour ;)

Looks beautiful on the walls with the coving, but I agree, it doesn't work with the sofa's. or even up the stairs. and certainly not in the kitchen.

The kitchen is hideous and soulless imo. I would genuinely feel sad having my morning coffee in there :o

There's actually so so much about that house I don't like and usually I love those type of houses.

I'll keep my €1.6m in the bank for now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Miriam's taste suits mine, I think she made a lovely job of the place, and I tip my hat to her, but that's crazy money-overall I mean. That gaff in Malahide for example-a million and a half???

Is there a collective madness in Dublin or what? They're at the same nonsense all over again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

:D

The photos are badly done, and make the house look depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

The photos are badly done, and make the house look depressing.

The photos make it look like a small apartment

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, just bits of rooms.
    The sitting room, (I presume), for example, seems to be a couch, an armchair and a table with remotes left on it. :D

It's hard to believe that a house that looks so large on the outside looks so small inside. It's like the anti-Tardis.

Also hard to believe that a professional estate agent would put so little effort into the listing. I had assumed that the lad sitting under the stairs had just thrown it up onto Daft himself. It's POA, feck all pictures, feck all effort, feck all information. Is there something else going on that they owners have to be seen to be trying to sell it, but don't really want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

What i don't understand is that they could have built whatever they wanted there and yet with all that space they have these tiny bedrooms.

From the outside, a relatively normal looking 3 bed Semi D.

547834.jpg

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-6-lakeview-killeshandra-co-cavan/2943711

But not only is there no pictures of the inside, there's no mention of anything inside the house at all. AMV €60k.

Just how bad is it in there?

The double doors, I don't know why, remind me of a village hall, or a waiting room of some sort :D
    C656-B075-DDDD-426-E-B86-F-75-B181655665.png

547834.jpg

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-6-lakeview-killeshandra-co-cavan/2943711

But not only is there no pictures of the inside, there's no mention of anything inside the house at all. AMV €60k.

T'is grim looking from the outside for sure.

be careful there are a few in the thread who love the colour ;)

Looks beautiful on the walls with the coving, but I agree, it doesn't work with the sofa's. or even up the stairs. and certainly not in the kitchen.

Love the colour, agree I would change the sofas. I'm not a fan of leather sofas personally ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

547834.jpg

Did the lake burst it's banks I wonder.

I wonder what the notes on the door and window say.

"Hi photographer. Gone for a walk back in an hour" ?

josip wrote: »

Signs on front doors are never a good thing.

In the street view from 2019, the house looks occupied and perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Also hard to believe that a professional estate agent would put so little effort into the listing. I had assumed that the lad sitting under the stairs had just thrown it up onto Daft himself. It's POA, feck all pictures, feck all effort, feck all information. Is there something else going on that they owners have to be seen to be trying to sell it, but don't really want to?

Google the auctioneer's name. He is also a family butcher. Jack of multiple trades!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The double doors, I don't know why, remind me of a village hall, or a waiting room of some sort :D
    C656-B075-DDDD-426-E-B86-F-75-B181655665.png

A lot of modern one off builds use double main entrance doors, it can add a feeling of space and grandeur.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

547834.jpg

Tbf, I wouldn't expect a 3bed semi in killeshandra to cost much more anyway, might not be too bad inside

josip wrote: »

"Hi photographer. Gone for a walk back in an hour" ?

I was wondering the same thing, what do the notices say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Miriam's taste suits mine, I think she made a lovely job of the place, and I tip my hat to her, but that's crazy money-overall I mean. That gaff in Malahide for example-a million and a half???

Is there a collective madness in Dublin or what? They're at the same nonsense all over again.
    A fairly bog standard 3 bed semi in any remotely fashionable suburb is half a million. That's a much bigger house in a very desirable area. It's always going to be a multiple of that. The problem with Dublin is the low-rise sprawl. We have the lowest national rate of apartment living in Europe, presumably off the back of the screw-up with Ballymun poisoning public opinion of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

bubblypop wrote: »
    Tbf, I wouldn't expect a 3bed semi in killeshandra to cost much more anyway, might not be too bad inside
    There are 2 bed terraced houses in the village going for ~€80k. I'd guess this should be going for quite a bit more than €60k. Either something is up, or the price is low to attract bidders to the auction. Bought for €43k suggests it's being done up from a very bad state, and possibly the internals aren't ready for photos. I'd definitely be looking into flooding, fire, etc.

Advertisement