Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It looks like downstairs may not have any windows? So probably needs the white!

2 tiny ones on the front wall if you look at the virtual tour. The bedrooms are tiny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Miriam's house is beautiful. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I won the lotto.

Can anyone identify that blue/grey paint shade ?

I'm looking for a colour like that...

is it just me or is there a distinct lack of bathrooms for a house of that size? a small shower room on the first floor and a bathroom in the attic are all I can see. nothing on the ground floor.

Its the light blue colour I like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the one in the kitchen? that is a nice shade alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

what am I missing on streetview?

That the closest the streetview could get to the property is via what the OP perceived as a dingey alleyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It might just be me but this place seems very tacky in places but I suppose they've a bar in the hall!

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-1-broomfield-woods-broomfield-co-dublin-k36ak15-malahide-co-dublin/2919912

Don't know why they didn't stick the bar in "Seomra" out the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

Also here's Miriam O'Callaghan's house. (I'd paint the front door) (Otherwise I like it)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-45-grosvenor-road-rathmines-dublin-6/2933638

YmRjZDQyNWY3NTcxMjE1NzhhMzExYTk5NTg1YTA2NTLi2yQrDgfEq6z7_RcVqXLbaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2QvNi9kNjMxMTZhZDc2MGE1NWYxNWU2Y2Q3MDEyMmY4MDViNS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Lovely house with a serious lack of bathrooms, typical of these period houses.
    Would be war if a family lived in it with 1 toilet upstairs and then on 2nd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ongarite wrote: »
    Would be war if a family lived in it with 1 toilet upstairs and then on 2nd level.

A few of these!
    commode.jpg

ongarite wrote: »

Doesn't Miriam have 8 kids?

No off street parking either.... hmmm. Might have to rethink...

Doesn't Miriam have 8 kids?

No off street parking either.... hmmm. Might have to rethink...

I’m fairly sure Miriam had her Audi stolen a few years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Someone in Miriam's house is a big Man Utd fan.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It looks quite like Oval Room Blue from Farrow and Ball. My hall is done in that and when I saw Miriam's I kinda went "huh, that's the colour in my hall".

humberklog wrote: »
    It looks quite like Oval Room Blue from Farrow and Ball. My hall is done in that and when I saw Miriam's I kinda went "huh, that's the colour in my hall".

Thanks.

Gorgeous colour. I'll check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭josip

Did they move the same one or two vases of tulips around into every room before they took a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Same white bedspread in every room too :)

In fairness, I get more annoyed when no effort is put into dressing a house for sale so I don't mind them dickying it up for the photos.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Also here's Miriam O'Callaghan's house. (I'd paint the front door) (Otherwise I like it)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-45-grosvenor-road-rathmines-dublin-6/2933638

YmRjZDQyNWY3NTcxMjE1NzhhMzExYTk5NTg1YTA2NTLi2yQrDgfEq6z7_RcVqXLbaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2QvNi9kNjMxMTZhZDc2MGE1NWYxNWU2Y2Q3MDEyMmY4MDViNS5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

Beautiful house, and so well kept.

Just to note I like Miriam's house and just wanted to share it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice house, wonder what you buy after owning that house?
    Maybe she is downsizing?

Her pink and blue bedrooms are a bit grubby looking!
    And is that astroturf in her front garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭josip

NIMAN wrote: »
    And is that astroturf in her front garden?

Yes, I hate the stuff in residential houses.
    Usually you only see it in rentals.
    In her case I suspect the super high hedges block a lot of the light and affects growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Beautiful house, and so well kept.

yes , hopefully Miriams cleaner, cook and gardener get a nice tip from the proceeds of the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    yes , hopefully Miriams cleaner, cook and gardener get a nice tip from the proceeds of the sale

Miriam's tip to the cleaner, cook and gardener:
    "Get a job in RTE, they pay insane wages."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Miriam's house is beautiful. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I won the lotto.

Can anyone identify that blue/grey paint shade ?

I'm looking for a colour like that...

To be fair, it looks well, bathroom needs a bit of modernising and a few rooms need a bit of TLC but surely for that price you'd get off street parking and a better garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

KevRossi wrote: »
    Miriam's tip to the cleaner, cook and gardener:
    "Get a job in RTE, they pay insane wages."

I tip my hat to you sir

Miriam's house is lovely but the decor is horrible, especially the pale blue and the leather sofas.

Miriam's house is lovely but the decor is horrible, especially the pale blue and the leather sofas.

The €1.6m price tag probably doesn't come with the decor, so grand like :)

The €1.6m price tag probably doesn't come with the decor, so grand like :)

Sure I could get out the paintbrush I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why so many pictures of the stairs? Nice place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its a miserable little garden for 1.6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Nal wrote: »

That occurred to me too. Tiny poky chairs you would be clung into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The Nal wrote: »

If I had €1,600,000 to buy a house I'd buy this and then retire on the €1,030,000 left over. :)

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-sonnys-ballinahoun-kilmuckridge-co-wexford/2922989

Ony 5km to two very nice beaches. Would that garden be big enough? :D

Advertisement