Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 2(b): The Hammer and Tongs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

conor222 wrote: »
    OOC: what do I know about the trap at the start of this corridor (was shown it and was searching them at the time), how is it triggered?

Ooc: pressure pad which releases an arrow when activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

The skeletons rush the party, and Malik protects with honour. He swipes at the leader but the skeleton dodges the attack. He returns with a vicious swipe of his own, wounding the brave warrior.

Echtrae casts a spell over himself as the skeletons swarm him, their strikes hit him but do no damage as Protection From Evil takes hold and he feels no pain.

Fector and Lucillus charge the skeletons, crushing two of them with ease. Malik swipes again, but the pain in his arm from the previous wound again causes him to miss as Fector knocks the ribcage out of a third skeleton, who tries to right himself.

Malik and Lucillus take the brunts of the blows from the attacks that hit, Lucillus is cleaved in half by a skeleton double attack and falls to the ground, dead.

Malik takes another blow, a mortal one this time, and stands to meet his end with no fear as a second skeleton strikes true.

His final words are...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

As final darkness clouds his vision, Lucilius weakly mutters "I'll finally get to meet GoR now...pity these mortals couldn't spell my name..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

'I die as a proud woodsman, with an axe in my hand. No better way.'

He says a silent prayer to his gods and breathes deep.

The rest of the party stare down the skeletons - suddenly the portal door bursts open.

The skeletons cower in fear at the light. This momentary lapse gives the party a chance to escape through the portal.

• Advertisement

Fector looks down upon Malik and Lucy feeling a strange sadness at the loss of Malik, a warrior like him. Lucy was arrogant but showed fight in the end, it was time to get out of here. Fector looked at the others and beckoned towards the portal, the unknown was likely better odds than he faced if he remained

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

9 lives jumps through the portal with dagger drawn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Protected from the evil Echtrae grabs malik's and poor Lucy's back packs before jumping through the portal.

Ooc: not sure if this is allowed or not

Echtrae and 9Lives disappear through the portal, into the abyss, the unknown.

Fector takes a moment to look back at the advancing skeletons...

OOC: Fector, time to leave the thread with a cool quip! New thread will be up tonight.

Echtrae and 9Lives disappear through the portal, into the abyss, the unknown.

Fector takes a moment to look back at the advancing skeletons...

OOC: Fector, time to leave the thread with a cool quip! New thread will be up tonight.

Fector looks at the oncoming skeletons and retreats towards the portal

"Id stay and party but you guys aint got nobody to dance with it, I dont think you've the stomach for a naked dwarf dancing either, adios"

Fector takes Maliks axe from his lifeless but still warm hand and jumps through the portal

• Advertisement
Advertisement