Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 2(b): The Hammer and Tongs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

"Are you deaf? When did you get here? What's so interesting in that book of yours?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

"Ah Dwarf, hold your tongue, can't you see I'm struggling with this. O, hi Malik.

Wait.

What prize did the walls bestow upon ye?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

'Dwarves with ale that knocked poor Fector on his ass came out of that wall. [OOC: points at wall] There are prizes?'

"Yes, give me a sec i need to get this spell down before i can decide to test them. The walls are inscribed in simple Draconic

'Beware those who touch the surface, for the prizes that are waiting beyond are as varied as life in the ocean.'

It doesn't indicate whether they shall be good or bad but implies both. That eastern wall has a strong magical force emitting from it too.

Which wall did yer dwarves come from, and also.... what?"

'They came out of the north wall, and had a bar with dragonsblood elixir that the brave dwarf here knocked back. It knocked him on his arse. I abstained.'

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    'They came out of the north wall, and had a bar with dragonsblood elixir that the brave dwarf here knocked back. It knocked him on his arse. I abstained.'

"She's a simple human but made the smart choice. Our dwarves were neither good nor bad, they just took pleasure in downing me with dragons piss"

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Another thunderclap, and 9Lives lands gracefully on the floor, dagger drawn. The portal vanishes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

9Lives scans the room and gets a handle on his surroundings
    "Well this seems a little more friendly than the last spot!"

"Sweet Lord, who are you and where and what is this other place? I'm Fector, this is Malik and some other bookworm who just dropped in"

I'm 9lives, I think we were all in the same "trial" upstairs! We were transported to very, aggressive, reception. A couple of portals popped up and we were able to jump out. I'm not sure if the last guy got out but I'm here now. I think safety in numbers might e a good idea!
    What about you, whats going on here? Do we know where we're headed to get out of this god forsaken hole?

• Advertisement

"A thief, you made it from the battle. I am Echtrae. The Dwarf, Fector i guess, Malik here and myself were just discussing the walls"

Ech inspects the northern wall, noticing it shines as the eastern. The Western wall is dull but gas the sam inscriptions.

"Malik, was it the Weztern wall you touched, and beer drinking dwarves you got?"

conor222 wrote: »
    I'm 9lives, I think we were all in the same "trial" upstairs! We were transported to very, aggressive, reception. A couple of portals popped up and we were able to jump out. I'm not sure if the last guy got out but I'm here now. I think safety in numbers might e a good idea!
    What about you, whats going on here? Do we know where we're headed to get out of this god forsaken hole?

All we've managed to do here is turn on the lights and almost get drunk. We've no idea where we're going but apparently the walls give us prizes.
    Guffy wrote: »
    "A thief, you made it from the battle. I am Echtrae. The Dwarf, Fector i guess, Malik here and myself were just discussing the walls"

Ech inspects the northern wall, noticing it shines as the eastern. The Western wall is dull but gas the sam inscriptions.

"Malik, was it the Weztern wall you touched, and beer drinking dwarves you got?"

'No Ech, it was the Northern wall, as I've already mentioned. And yes, the beer drinking dwarves came out.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    All we've managed to do here is turn on the lights and almost get drunk. We've no idea where we're going but apparently the walls give us prizes.

'No Ech, it was the Northern wall, as I've already mentioned. And yes, the beer drinking dwarves came out.

"No it was the west wall I touched, it radiated blood red and felt warm to the touch, as soon as I touched we met some new friends"

"Ok, well there is a powerful magical force coming from the Eastern wall" replies Echtrae, "touching it should release it but there is no way to know if it is good or evil. Discuss, i am going back to learning my spell should we go for it".

9 lives stoops low to the floor looking for anything out of the ordinary, an uneven floor, flagstones that have seen more wear, anything to indicate what this hall is for

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

The portal overhead cracks open again and out falls Lucillus, nearly landing on top of Fector.

It closes again with a bang, and the room begins to rumble....

OOC: Ok, pausing there for now. Feel free to converse in character though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Apologies. What is this place?

"And you are?"

"I am Lucilius. I am a High Priest and above all things and all creatures, I serve GoR, the God of Reason. Who or what are you?"

"Well met Lucillious, I am Echtrae the magic man, busy studying said magic", It's been a long hour :D , "Basically the situation we find ourselves in here is.... 4 walls, 3 have inscriptions saying beware there a various levels of prizes if you touch the walls, so we do not know if they are good or bad.

Dwarf here touched the west wall, apparently, and some more dwarves came and out drank him.

The east and north walls still have to be touched and there is a powerful magical force coming from the eastern one, again not knowing if its good or bad. We are trying to decide whether or not to touch it.

Any opinion?"

• Advertisement

My name is Lucilius. Why is that so hard for people to remember? And why should I help you?"

My name is Lucilius. Why is that so hard for people to remember? And why should I help you?"

"Do... Don't... whatever you choose you choose. There is a door over there", Ech nods to the south wall, "If you feel like you wish to go it alone. I take help wherever I can get it, even from the dwarf, but if you ask me to beg i tell you to be weary".

"Hmmm. I suppose aligning myself with some cannon fodder for a while might be useful. Is everyone drunk? Is there a plan?"

"Hey Lucy, I'm Fector Hammerchop, I drank with some dwarves but they didn't have real ale only only some dragons piss. Have a look around"

"Lucilius to you Hammered Feckhead. Do you have a plan other than to soak your little brain with alcohol?"

"Lucilius to you Hammered Feckhead. Do you have a plan other than to soak your little brain with alcohol?"

"No worries Lucille, but no, I'm just going to spend the evening sipping some fine ale"

"Very helpful. Carry on." Lucilius turns his back on the drunkard and begins to wander around the room.

"If only there was some way of deserning whether the magic tied to the wall was evil or good" echtrae pipped up, "if only".

Guffy wrote: »
    "If only there was some way of deserning whether the magic tied to the wall was evil or good" echtrae pipped up, "if only".

"As it happens, I might be able to help, GoR willing. What benefit would helping you be to me?"

• Advertisement

"As it happens, I might be able to help, GoR willing. What benefit would helping you be to me?"

"Gah, that would depend on what is behind the stone", Echtrae glares at the cleric,

"I'm no sure how you got here cleric, but you are already getting on my nerves".

Echtrae walks towards the Eastern wall and looks at the writings.

"It's mesmerising, the power is so strong." He raises his hand towards the wall.

"Maybe your life is 'in it for you', or maybe a bounty of riches"

ooc: reread my character traits and realise I should be doing some things a little differently.

Advertisement