Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 2(b): The Hammer and Tongs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

"Your problems with your nerves are a matter of complete indifference to me. Perhaps if you drank less and prayed more then they would settle. If I assist you then you are obliged to me. Do you understand?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

"Yes, yes, I must know what this power is, it is driving me mad. You can trust me, lilly"

"I trust only GoR. Your madness is of no concern to me. I may be able to help you detect evil as I have some limited power in that regard. However, I must wait until fate rolls its dice."

"So then we wait, know this if you fail in your promise any obligation you feel i may owe is mute".

Echtrae goes back to his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

While the conversation continues around him, Echtrae imprints the magical knowledge into his mind for the coming day.

OOC: Protection From Evil loaded

• Advertisement

"Right Liam, get to it"

"Lucilius. Say my name or I won't help you."

"Lucilius, get to it"

Lucilius approaches the wall and attempts to discern the orientation of its magic.

Lucilius approaches the wall and attempts to discern the orientation of its magic.

OOC: Wisdom Roll please, #d20+1

Rolz Link: https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Guffy wrote: »
    "Lucilius, get to it"

Fector looks at Ech "call him Lucy and nothing else, he needs our help as much as we need his, don't let him make demands"

Fector turns to Malik, as he adjusts the war hammer in his hand to a more comfortable point.

"Malik, I yearn for the quieter times of just the two of us! Let us observe what happens when one of these two touch the wall"

Lucillus uses the power of GoR to attempt to discern the alignment of the magic coming from the wall... but no spark within him alights. He cannot sense anything, only that it is powerful.

OOC: Lucillus rolled an 18 on rolz. As per before, with stat checks you need to aim for under your appropriate character stat. As his was 14, the check failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

9lives checks the door at the far end, seeing if its locked, what way it opens and if he can hear anything outside it

"I don't have the power to discern....yet. If you call me anything other than Lucilius, I will see it as an insult and respond accordingly. You should have more respect for a cleric."

conor222 wrote: »
    9lives checks the door at the far end, seeing if its locked, what way it opens and if he can hear anything outside it

As 9lives moves towards the door, Fector shouts

"Watch out in the corridor, there is a trap there and the wrong step will have you killed"

Turning to the cleric, Fector snorts:
    "I dont think even Lucy can save you from an arrow through the eye"

The door lies open, it opens inward into the room. The corridor is in almost total darkness.

OOC: d6 on rolz to see if you can hear anything, success on 1 or 2

9 lives slows down and checks the corridor as he goes, confused as he looked earlier but i suppose in this light anything could be missed

Lucilius places his hand on the shaft of his mace. "I am a man of GoR. I do not kill lightly. But I can make exceptions."

9Lives can hear the faint hum of a portal at the end of the corridor. It is muted by something blocking it though. No other noises.

9 lives returns to the group,
    Theres some kind of portal down there, Id imagine similar to the one that brought me here. I think somethings in the way but I cant see for s**t in here. Can any of you?
    I can show you how to get down there without setting off any traps and see what stands between us and a possible exit

• Advertisement

Theres some kind of portal down there, Id imagine similar to the one that brought me here. I think somethings in the way but I cant see for s**t in here. Can any of you?
    I can show you how to get down there without setting off any traps and see what stands between us and a possible exit

"I may be able to provide some light. Allow me to try." Lucilius approaches the portal intending to shed some light...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

duffman13 wrote: »
    Fector looks at Ech "call him Lucy and nothing else, he needs our help as much as we need his, don't let him make demands"

Fector turns to Malik, as he adjusts the war hammer in his hand to a more comfortable point.

"Malik, I yearn for the quieter times of just the two of us! Let us observe what happens when one of these two touch the wall"

Malik chuckles at Fector 'we were progressing quite nicely weren't we?'

He then turns to address the rest of the group. 'I see 2 choices before us friends. Either one of us touches the walls and we take our chances, or we venture down the corridor and see what awaits us at the other end. I vote for the corridor. What say the rest of you?'

Mollyb60 wrote: »

He then turns to address the rest of the group. 'I see 2 choices before us friends. Either one of us touches the walls and we take our chances, or we venture down the corridor and see what awaits us at the other end. I vote for the corridor. What say the rest of you?'
    "I'm happy for the wall to be touched. After you."

Fector likes the look of 9lives, he seems more agreeable and focused than the self obsessed cleric.

"Aye 9lives, I can see in the corridor, we only started walking it when we heard a noise from back in the room, I've found one trap but likely there is more. If your happy we can go ahead and explore, leave Lucy to his prayers"

I think we should try to see whats in the corridor without disturbing it, and if we can get that information we can make a more.. informed decision?
    It might be nothing, might just be rubble, but we should be prepared in case its not

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Fector looks upon the group while approaching 9lives, "I've already touched it, sure whats the worst that could happen, I can't make head nor tail of it so I'm happy to move on"

9 lives likes the cut of Fectors jib and the pair of them move down towards the doorway, 9 lives checking the floor and walls as they go for anything untowards
    9 lives whispers "Just through there I can hear something blocking the way, but I cant see what it is in this darkness"

9 lives likes the cut of Fectors jib and the pair of them move down towards the doorway, 9 lives checking the floor and walls as they go for anything untowards
    9 lives whispers "Just through there I can hear something blocking the way, but I cant see what it is in this darkness"

Fector enters the corridor and points out the trap to 9lives, he looks down the corridor to try and see any obstruction and begins to move forward, avoiding the trap whilst scanning for others

9Lives nor Fector notice any further traps.

• Advertisement

9lives slowly progresses up the tunnel following fector, keeping an eye on his surroundings. How tall are the walls here, how high is that roof? Can I feel any breeze or movement in the air or just stale and stagnant mustyness?

Advertisement