Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'Free tolls' for electric vehicles?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Also sick of the nonsense from eflow

Checked last month and the discount wasnt applied to the Bill. Went to check back the last few months to see what is happening and the new interface they have is not fit for purpose. Very difficult to set dates and get all the bills to display. To me, this is an intentional ploy to stop customers checking their accounts easily and see that they are not fit for purpose. Tried to get a live chat, that didnt work properly either, messages not sending from my side to them and then intermittent timeouts etc.

A tedious amount of time I'll have to spend checking if they have done their job right. But again, I'm sure its not something lost on them and they are quite happy for customers to waste as much time as possible chasing them. I'd report them to CCPC but I doubt they would do much either

I'm now in the process of switching to tolltag based on feedback here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

So the process on Easytrip is even easier now, you can just log in to your online account and change your car yourself.

I did a few trips in the days after changing (even took the port tunnel for the craic!) and all got discounted to EV rate automatically. So all in all took about 2 mins to log on and change tag from old ICE to new BEV seamlessly. Big thumbs up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Sorry to pull up a slightly old thread, looking to move my tag from eflow to either Tolltag.ie or Easytrip. I see from the t&c’s with Tolltag they charge €1 on every topup (called them to confirm this) but Easytrip don’t seem to have this charge.

I don’t see many comments about this charge with Tolltag, is this actually charged on every topup for users here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think all the tag accounts charge a €1 rental for the tag plus vat

The free accounts are usually video accounts, which are supposed to be ineligible for the discount, and only work on the M50

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Thanks, yeah I know the monthly charge it’s €1.21 with Tolltag and €1.23 with Easytrip. Tolltag seem to charge another €1 on every top up, which for an account that auto tops up is a bit cheeky especially as it’s buried in the terms and conditions. At least that’s what I’m trying to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tolltag don't charge anything for a topup, if you topup by €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am with Tolltag, just the standard pay per trip, no monthly charges. They charge 10% on each trip, then rebate half toll charge immediately. (Or I think more than half depending upon time of day/location). Never seen any extra €1 on an automatic top up.

M50 off peak is 75% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭innrain

with easytrip they charge you 50c+VAT when the account is credited

Could that be for a parking add-on? I know Easytrip charged extra for that

• Advertisement

easytrip has that on a separate charge. From my bill

also the account service fee was charged on the same time when the account was credited

So yeah they charge to pay them and I pay 6 quid a month without any activity but I do have a lot of activity and I like to have both cars on the same bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They charge me 20% on every trip. On M7/8 toll is €1 and charge is €1.20

Thanks for the replies and info. So yeah looks like both companies charge to load/topup your account with money which is a bit annoying.

It’s only minor, but I’m trying to move from EFlow’s post pay account where I pay only for the trips I take and pay €1.23 a month service fee. So having to pay extra (albeit a small amount) just to load money onto an account that requires topup makes it less attractive. I’m already not a fan of having an account that constantly needs credit and will auto topup (post pay to me is better), and I will be starting to use the tag more regularly in the next few months so means I’ll be out of pocket a bit more if I topup more often.

My motivation to move is based on the ineptness of EFlow’s new website and their ability to correctly apply the ev discount, so my decision to move seems to come down to will eflow miscalculate my discount more that I pay in topup fees for the other tags…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Tolltag charge me 10% of the original full toll, then rebate 50%, or more in many cases, of the original toll. So can in some cases work out at 20% charge on what you actually pay. Well worth it for the convenience and immediate rebate, they have to make a few bob somewhere. No fee for tag or top up in our cases.

Happy customers (2) for over two years.

Same as @eagerv here. Even if you go through the M50 just 5-6 times a year off peak and never through any other tolls, it even makes financial sense to get a tag. Plus of course the convenience. I work from home mostly, rarely go through a toll for work, yet I save about €200-€250 per year with the tag and the EV discount. With tolltag.ie / parkmagic it's all just painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭daarmcd

Does anyone have a tag that gets the EV 50% reduction on the M4 motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Only fair we let the rich folk drive toll free while the rest of us diesel drinking heathens pay for them too. Thank God the new carbon tax is saving the penguins though.

Nothing to do with being rich. I bought my last EV for €2k, almost bought another one a few days ago for €1k

It's all about being backwards. Backward people who don't give a sh1t about the environment, about their children or next generations, only care about themselves (so they think) buy diesel cars. Nothing to do with how well off you are financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

thinking of getting Tolltag .. quick q

If I have credit in eFlow and have Tolltag which gets used going through the M50 ?

these are discounts from the eflow site .. assume same for tolltag ?

thanks

Would you be keeping both accounts? Seems that might cause you to be double charged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Toll reductions are incentives, incentives are necessary to move past adoption phase and proven the World over

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Are the discounts still due to expire at the end of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

no i could close eflow but theres €30 credit in it .. ill stop the auto top up.. but will it be used if I have a tag?

Yes. There are no signals of any change so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

I haven't seen any mention in the budget of the LEVTI being extended, so looks like it's finished on 31/12/22.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Glass half empty? I'd argue the other way around 😂

We didn't hear anything, so it ain't stopping. Glass half full.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

fairly sure its mentioned elsewhere that its been extended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

Thanks, ye, I eventually found mention of it being extended on the SIMI website, all the toll operators still have it down as ending this year so hopefully they just have to update their sites.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Advertisement