Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday April 13, 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,428 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Microbeads need to be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,408 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's the countries than use the rivers as a dump that never fills that are the problem, not countries that actually try to recycle.

M

Factory trawlers grading fish is the biggest problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Geez, Ryan shut him down quickly there. He was an interesting guest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

darlett wrote: »
    Im currently doing a scuba course, at the NAC, I regretted signing up for it before I started, so much easier to watch Netflix etc after work-and im not a very good swimmer (!) but its frigging amazing.
    To complete the course im going to have to do some more dives...OUTSIDE! Lol the fear is coming back, just how well do wetsuits keep you warm?! Dubious...but excited
    Fair play, I'd say scuba diving is great fun. And no need to worry, the wetsuit will keep you warm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus that is shocking that Amazon footage - if not fake news.

- I know not PC to say it - but something wrong with south Americans. :D

"Build the wall"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Vorenus400 wrote: »

We must talk about this the next time that I never have you on again, because your slot will be easier filled by the latest weather girl who has viewers in uproar because she constantly winks at the end, irrespective of the weather. Er etc!

Yep. Plastics in the sea/land/water bottles is all just frightening.

As mzungu said earlier- "No Pain, No Gain".

Well, in the context of ease of use, mass production, we've gone for the "no pain" as a society- and I reckon we're about to pay for it now.

Prawns with plastic today. What's on the menu tomorrow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Was it me or did he get less time than the other guests? You are right though, he was an interesting guy and I was enjoying that interview.

He was good and maybe an example that you don't have to go to the old reliables all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Got ma new ticket for tomorrow.

Come on, Regal Encore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I feel better now with my reusable Tim Hortons mug i've had for several years, although the writing is mostly gone now, as it's now a normal red mug now :o

Frank & Frank have nice coffee, although it's the same coffee machine, some are now charging more, before they bring in the money off now reusable cups, like Kelly's Mountain top :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

why ?

You like that crap

You better believe it. Curry cheese chip and a chickenbreast sandwich please. Michelin star stuff.

I normally lurk around these parts, most exciting part of my night was the HUGE wasp flying around my parents hall that JBJ senior and I had to kill.

M

What colour was your best crime so to speak...

M

Joe won't like this, Ballyer labled as a kip.

They could easily have shelved these two and let yer man on for a while longer. Are they selling a book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Whats the statute of limitations on robberies?

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

M

Pity another certain judge is not on with the gems he let go.

• Advertisement
    M

How big is your pension?

mzungu wrote: »
    Was it me or did he get less time than the other guests? You are right though, he was an interesting guy and I was enjoying that interview.

I started off thinking that he was just another RTE head who made a documentary. But he came from a fishing background, acknowledged that Irish people dont know much about the sea around them and was passionate about conservation and prevention of future pollution.

I do think that Tubridy is intimidated by intelligent guests. Kodaline would be his level of comfort

Don't be giving me any of your old guff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ten Pin wrote: »
    She almost looks like Judge Judy too
    She's trying too. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This could be an interesting story.

What's the point of jellyfish?

Don't get stung, that's the point ye wanna watch out for :(

He was the only one not talking about himself, but not enough for Cryin Ryan :mad:

Or Karen from J & K dancing, it's ironic they were on earlier on milking their win & were the only one's that didn't milk the cow ;):)

• Advertisement

I like this lady. She seems very honest and conscientious

His face cut open.

Don't like these crocodile tear lads.

Imagine years of mayhem he caused.

Scumbag.

Pity another certain judge is not on with the gems he let go.
    Pity the judge who is extremely lenient when dealing with filthy paedophiles isn't on.

This is turning into a very fascinating interview to be fair

• Advertisement

I started off thinking that he was just another RTE head who made a documentary. But he came from a fishing background, acknowledged that Irish people dont know much about the sea around them and was passionate about conservation and prevention of future pollution.
    Yep, it's quite rare on the LLS these days, but he was a guest that actually had something of worth to say. They should try get more guests like that and give them a lot more time when they eventually do get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Watching on RTE + 1 - Looks like Barry Keoghan is channeling Colin McGregor's persona!

M

He should ask both their opinions of that robber fella in the UK last week picking the wrong house to rob and being wiped the feck out by a man over twice his age. The man deserves a knighthood, poor chap.

monkey9 wrote: »
    This could be an interesting story.
    Aye, this segment is shaping up to be quite good.

They could easily have shelved these two and let yer man on for a while longer. Are they selling a book?

leaf-300x283.jpg

:D:D

If TLLS is interested in changing society like they used to be, they should do a whole show devoted to plastics and the sea and recycling.

No amount of TV shows is enough at this point. It's not all our fault. We were once victims of the the consumer market and we played along. But we know better now. But it's not that easy to change in order to make a difference.

We need to know how our changes in behaviour will lead to success and what the big corps are willing to do to help us as consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

His face cut open.

Scumbag.

Sounds to me like this lad has turned his life around. More power to him...

RTE Player timed out.

Not Cark?

Ha! I'd say they hate her brilliant memory!

This is a bit freaky

Don't like it

Normalizing crime, a laugh like.

• Advertisement
    M

RTE Player timed out.

Not Cark?

Not disclosed yet we are still live so to speak.

He should ask both their opinions of that robber fella in the UK last week picking the wrong house to rob and being wiped the feck out by a man over twice his age. The man deserves a knighthood, poor chap.
    That man has had to leave the home he lived in for many years with his wife who is not well. It's not safe for him to go back to the house he worked to maintain all his life.

dublincelt wrote: »
    Sounds to me like this lad has turned his life around. More power to him...

And what about his victims - no chance for them,

RTE Player timed out.

Not Cark?

Alright. Serious stuff. Aoife from - and they never said where!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

WHERE IS SHE??!!!!!

where?

His face cut open.

Scumbag.

I wouldnt condone what he done for a second, but at the same time he's made more attempts than many to atone for his mistakes and turn his life around. I wish him well and hope he keeps on the straight and narrow.

I honestly believe that the drugs problem in Dublin and other towns and cities needs to be tackled in smarter and more efficient ways then the way its currently being tackled. Its Groundhog day. Guys with 50/60 convictions and maybe more being recycled continuously through the system with no real plan for what happens next. Just silly box ticking.

M

That man has had to leave the home he lived in for many years with his wife who is not well. It's not safe for him to go back to the house he worked to maintain all his life.

Yes he's basically been killed but still alive. They should give him the same funding as they did for those murdering ba$tards that killed Jamie Bulger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

His face cut open.

Scumbag.

That's true, but he can't do anything about the past. If he's making a genuine attempt at turning his life around, then it's better than continuing to do what he was doing.

The whole interview seemed a bit rushed as they were running out of time. I'd have liked to have heard more of it.

We don't even know what he's doing now etc.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt condone what he done for a second, but at the same time he's made more attempts than many to atone for his mistakes and turn his life around. I wish him well and hope he keeps on the straight and narrow.

I honestly believe that the drugs problem in Dublin and other towns and cities needs to be tackled in smarter and more efficient ways then the way its currently being tackled. Its Groundhog day. Guys with 50/60 convictions and maybe more being recycled continuously through the system with no real plan for what happens next. Just silly box ticking.

Just do a 3 crimes and you do 10 years - would sort it out fast enough

Advertisement