Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Hard to believe that anyone who actually saw that film could say it was was good movie

it was at best like a 4th year film club project .

Nice that they named the film after the acting though

You reckon it was that good? I thought it was "Sh1te in a bucket"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

John Connors said on the Late Late Show that the State was responsible for the deaths of the people at the Traveller halting site that had the fire. This went unchallenged by Tubridy, who seemed to be worried about John's dander being up (and that's exactly how he would phrase it as well). As it turns out the fire was caused by irresponsible Travellers leaving a chip pan on, and he should be brought back on to the Late Late Show to apologise and withdraw his remarks.

But if you're from any minority group you can say what the hell you want and nobody in the media will have the b*lls to tackle you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

John Connors said on the Late Late Show that the State was responsible for the deaths of the people at the Traveller halting site that had the fire. This went unchallenged by Tubridy, who seemed to be worried about John's dander being up (and that's exactly how he would phrase it as well). As it turns out the fire was caused by irresponsible Travellers leaving a chip pan on, and he should be brought back on to the Late Late Show to apologise and withdraw his remarks.

But if you're from any minority group you can say what the hell you want and nobody in the media will have the b*lls to tackle you on it.

I wasn't pushed about Tubridy in the past. I didn't Love/Hate him. However the episode with Peter Casey was brutal.
    If Turbridy brought on a traveller and let member of the audience gang up on him they'd be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

BattleCorp wrote:
    Just asking the question, could mental illness be as a result of not enough mixing of the gene pool?

I know I don't like Connors, but it's a genuine question.

I doubt it personally for the reason that we have always been told about not mixing the gene pool as you said and we know they do but I have have seen barely a handful if that of disabled members, nor ones who wear glasses.

I would have said if asked that the upbringing contributes to the 'mental illness' etc. side of things in any culture, not just travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

When exactly did he say this on the Late Late?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The important point is "can we get a claim from that"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Just asking the question, could mental illness be as a result of not enough mixing of the gene pool?

I know I don't like Connors, but it's a genuine question.

Depression is often summarised as 'anger turned inwards'. It's a set of circumstances that lead you to develop the condition. Things like Schizophrenia, or Bipolar disorder can be brought on by genetics. Depression-no, it's not genetics related.
    Their is a level of mental retardation that's brought on by inbreeding-as in yeah, genetically inbred children are dumb. But considering Johnny's circumstances, as well as his possible idiocy, all of that could tie into his depression. (Like, Traveller's being outcasts from a young age, losing his dad to suicide at a very impressionable age, being pulled outta school probably to earn bread for the family etc).

Depression (in non-inbred children) is often linked to crappy circumstances. Be it a learning disability, bullying, crap going on at home etc etc Inbreeding has less to do with depression than other illnesses, such as Schizophrenia, which are passed on genetically. (And no, not every person who gets Schizophrenia is inbred-it's often down to both parents being carriers).
    There is dignity in work and effort, it was makes food taste good. Ever see gordon ramsey with soldiers? They eat 4000 cals a day and are lean and mean. Travellers...... they are just mean. Nothing to do all day and all day to do it.

You picked a poor example there. There's a high rate of suicide amongst soldiers, well above the average civilian.
    If it was all down to 'work and effort'...then why such an increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

bigpink wrote: »
    How did John Conor’s get of his community to be an actor?
    Is he linked to crime?

I've seen some of his performances - they were fúcking criminal. A cardboard cut out would have made a better cardboard gangster - how that fat fúcking lump gets work in showbiz is beyond me.

States fault, of course it was. Could hardly be the the fault of the useless so called parents, pissed drunk and stoned on benzos could it, they must be blameless.

I've seen some of his performances - they were fúcking criminal. A cardboard cut out would have made a better cardboard gangster - how that fat fúcking lump gets work in showbiz is beyond me.

States fault, of course it was. Could hardly be the the fault of the useless so called parents, pissed drunk and stoned on benzos could it, they must be blameless.

About 2 or three years ago, a friendly, retired gentleman, who lived close to where my brother does died in a fire. Guy worked all his life, both here and abroad, and lived a very modest lifestyle. (Literally had a radio,regular heating, and a bed. Rarely was at home, only when he went to bed.

He died due to either an electrical fault in the house, or an unwatched cigarette.
    Nobody went around screaming their head off claiming the state owed his family. Hell no.
    Nor did they cry murder. It was an awful incident, but nobody with an IQ in the double digits would say it was anything other than a tragedy.

Johnny, sadly, is the symptom of a larger disease. Folks who literally think the world owes em something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It's not quite as straight forward as that

Yes the seat of the fire was apparently the chip pan being left on

However the local Authority as Landlord has obligations and has to comply with fire and building regulations and they did not and the consequence of course was rapid spread of the fire as well as to adjacent building where there were more occupants

There was also problems with the water supply and the hydrant when the fire brigade arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

McCrack wrote: »

However the local Authority as Landlord has obligations and has to comply with fire and building regulations and they did not and the consequence of course was rapid spread of the fire as well as to adjacent building where there were more occupants

There was also problems with the water supply and the hydrant when the fire brigade arrived.

The problem with the hydrant being tampered with? Wonder who went on to a halting site and did that?

Did the council make them park the caravans up against each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

More gob****ery. Why dont you move into a caravan yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What more could the council have done bar sit there on a 24 hour watch just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Birneybau wrote: »
    What more could the council have done bar sit there on a 24 hour watch just in case...

I said it before, they should have had a full fire tender, ambulance, medic helicopter, jet to get them to the USA for treatment, a go for boy, full 24 hour access to a chef among many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I said it before, they should have had a full fire tender, ambulance, medic helicopter, jet to get them to the USA for treatment, a go for boy, full 24 hour access to a chef among many others.

Fair play man on 24 hour call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

One fair play man is no good. You need two of them. Have ya not seen any vijjjeos? 😀

One fair play man is no good. You need two of them. Have ya not seen any vijjjeos? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

BattleCorp wrote: »
    One fair play man is no good. You need two of them. Have ya not seen any vijjjeos? ��

Yeah we don't need 3. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

The caravans were close together because the site was small. Where would you put them that was more spacious? If we insist that the council has to house them, where in South County Dublin would be good? There is nowhere that would allow them in without a fight. It's ironic that it's mostly D4s defending them but if you tried to move a halting site onto their street they would find some reason why it just wasn't suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So I just read on the Margaret Cash thread a post by TraVision that our John was one of the world's best boxers at one time in his life, and that he beat some of the world's top boxers.

Have we anything to back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,496 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

NIMAN wrote: »
    So I just read on the Margaret Cash thread a post by TraVision that our John was one of the world's best boxers at one time in his life, and that he beat some of the world's top boxers.

He was a snack boxer.
    Look at the gut on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I had this discussion with someone before.
    As far as I can work out he was a big lad as a young fella, boxed for Darndale Boxing club.
    It seems he won a few underage titles alright but he would have been fighting in a weight category with few particpants.
    Also bear in mind that national titles are broken down into 'Novice, Intermeditate, and (elite?) as well as age and weight (categories for every age group and 8+ weight groups) he literally could have just been getting a bye in finals.

Anyway it seems he gave it up long before he became a senior so we'll never know if he was really any good or not.

I had this discussion with someone before.
    As far as I can work out he was a big lad as a young fella, boxed for Darndale Boxing club.
    It seems he won a few underage titles alright but he would have been fighting in a weight category with few particpants.
    Also bear in mind that national titles are broken down into 'Novice, Intermeditate, and (elite?) as well as age and weight (categories for every age group and 8+ weight groups) he literally could have just been getting a bye in finals.

Anyway it seems he gave it up long before he became a senior so we'll never know if he was really any good or not.

I'm willing to bet he's 'exaggerating'...to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This was my favourite part of the article.

''Do not confuse bare knuckle boxing with violence, as only one of them is part of our culture.''

Omackeral wrote: »
    This was my favourite part of the article.

''Do not confuse bare knuckle boxing with violence, as only one of them is part of our culture.''

bwahahaha-gif-13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

John Connors has also never been challenged on why Travellers go to funerals and weddings of members of their own families armed with guns,hatchets,machetes,baseball bats,slash hooks etc.and why there has to be a large Garda presence at churches,cemertaries and hotels.Martin Collins from Pavee Point has also never been challenged on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why not set up a system like death match and have people to subscribe to see them take each other out......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

There was a video of him ‘fighting’ on YouTube last year or the year before. Bare knuckle. He danced around for 10 or 15 minutes & threw about 6 punches.

Top boxer? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Johnny, sadly, is the symptom of a larger disease. Folks who literally think the world owes em something.
    Birneybau wrote: »

I remember a good few years ago a vox pop on Moncrieff. Around 2006, the height of the celtic tiger, Bertie in full swing. Anyway, someone in Dolphins Barn were asked what they thought of the government. They said the were a disgrace because her daughter had a door handle broken in her council house for 3 days and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Basically, there's a class of people who will do nothing but take take take, blame "the government" for everything and never take responsibility for anything, no matter what the circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement