Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

BBFAN wrote: »
    I thought she had a lovely singing voice but I was convinced that she said John was her husband. Only found out she was his aunt today.

She seems like a nice girl too.

Yes, I thought she said John was her husband but she said John is with her her husband.(We had to rewind it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

How did they fit that fat fcuk in the lense.....

They say the camera adds 10 pounds so how many cameras were on him....

Whatever about anything else but those kind of insults are low. Even more so given the fact he has openly discussed his weight and mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Whatever about anything else but those kind of insults are low. Even more so given the fact he has openly discussed his weight and mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I thought she had a lovely singing voice but I was convinced that she said John was her husband. Only found out she was his aunt today.

She seems like a nice girl too.
    Yes, I thought she said John was her husband but she said John is with her her husband.(We had to rewind it)

She is married to his uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

bigpink wrote: »
    How did John Conor’s get of his community to be an actor?
    Is he linked to crime?

80% of Traveller males have a criminal record before the age of 22, the other 20% havent been caught yet.

• Advertisement

Do you think he is overweight because he eats crap and doesnt exercise or because he is a traveller? Always someone elses fault.... bigot racism, traveller rights, institutional segregation....... discrimination, product of my environment.

yeah yeah heard it all before "muh culture"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I was convinced that she said John was her husband. Only found out she was his aunt today.

o.

Might be both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Oh right, thought I was imagining things.

In fairness she's far too good looking for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

We are doing decent travellers a disservice by not tackling the huge problem of criminality in their community.

Next time a politician looks for your vote, ask then straight out if there is a problem with crime in the travelling community. Anyone who answered anything other than an immediate yes does not deserve a vote. That is the only way to change our culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Are you refering to John Connors of the Shakespearean Acting company?
    Et tu Brute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Do you think he is overweight because he eats crap and doesnt exercise or because he is a traveller? Always someone elses fault.... bigot racism, traveller rights, institutional segregation....... discrimination, product of my environment.

yeah yeah heard it all before "muh culture"

Are you serious? The man has spoken out about eating problems due to mental health issues. Mocking his weight is just really poor form.

For the record, I agree with very little he says and am in full agreement with the thread titles. It there's discussing things and then there's being a sh1t person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

We are doing decent travellers a disservice by not tackling the huge problem of criminality in their community.

Next time a politician looks for your vote, ask then straight out if there is a problem with crime in the travelling community. Anyone who answered anything other than an immediate yes does not deserve a vote. That is the only way to change our culture.

Eh okay...……

Because asking politicians that question is going to solve the problem how?

I'm fully aware that there's a problem with criminality in the traveller population, that doesn't mean I have any answers to it?

Are you serious? The man has spoken out about eating problems due to mental health issues. Mocking his weight is just really poor form.

For the record, I agree with very little he says and am in full agreement with the thread titles. It there's discussing things and then there's being a sh1t person

Did you ever think his mental health problems might be due to his dietry choices?
    You know diabetes is a massive problem in Traveller community?
    Do you think his mental health problems might be down to pure boredom?
    You know he blames his lack of diversity of roles down to racism? The late and great Windsor Davies was also typecast and he never complained about work?

Maybe if Marvel made a Superhero film "Lurcherman: River of Tarmac" he could play the lead role?

Edgware wrote: »
    Et tu Brute!

Friend, travellers and Gorjas,
    Lend me your ears, I have some power tools, carpets and pirated DVDs,
    These are untraceable by the guards, I have come here to sell them and not to praise them.
    For the evil that men do is forgiven by the bargains they sell and good is not given with a waranty. So be it with the special price Van Walt power tool collection.
    Little did you know that it not only comes with imperical and metric sockets.
    and yet today I am taking an extra 10% for every buyer.
    the carpets I have today are son special offer, you cannot return them because they have changed the locks

So let it be with John Connors

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭S_D

Couldnt agree more with the title of this thread. Its always everyone else's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Did you ever think his mental health problems might be due to his dietry choices?
    You know diabetes is a massive problem in Traveller community?
    Do you think his mental health problems might be down to pure boredom?
    You know he blames his lack of diversity of roles down to racism? The late and great Windsor Davies was also typecast and he never complained about work?

Maybe if Marvel made a Superhero film "Lurcherman: River of Tarmac" he could play the lead role?

Come on Skooter... the guy spouts tons of rubbish, going on about his physical appearance is a low blow.
    Depression has been a staple of his life for a long time, he lost his father to suicide, for example.You can come at the guy for so much, going after his appearance is just beneath us all.
    Mental illness is not down to 'boredom'--it's dangerous to pervade such a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Eh okay...……

Because asking politicians that question is going to solve the problem how?

I'm fully aware that there's a problem with criminality in the traveller population, that doesn't mean I have any answers to it?

They'll tell you they have no problem with travellers of course, sure didn't all the presidential candidates, except one, say they'd live next to a halting site. Lies of course, but in this climate being a hypocrite is perfectly fine in respectable society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I saw cardboard gangsters on Netflix it was a good movie.

Connors was the lead actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Come on Skooter... the guy spouts tons of rubbish, going on about his physical appearance is a low blow.
    Depression has been a staple of his life for a long time, he lost his father to suicide, for example.You can come at the guy for so much, going after his appearance is just beneath us all.

Just asking the question, could mental illness be as a result of not enough mixing of the gene pool?

I know I don't like Connors, but it's a genuine question.

There is dignity in work and effort, it was makes food taste good. Ever see gordon ramsey with soldiers? They eat 4000 cals a day and are lean and mean. Travellers...... they are just mean. Nothing to do all day and all day to do it.

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »

I saw it too and wish I could get back 100 minutes of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

. Travellers...... they are just mean. Nothing to do all day and all day to do it.

I've yet to hear of a traveller who stays in bed and does nothing. Unfortunately for us, a hell of a lot of them are very industrious. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭normanoffside

He was good in it because he was playing himself.

They'll tell you they have no problem with travellers of course, sure didn't all the presidential candidates, except one, say they'd live next to a halting site. Lies of course, but in this climate being a hypocrite is perfectly fine in respectable society.

What do you expect a politician to do in 4 years that has been bred into them for 14 generations?

I am fully supportive of a halting site in the Phoenix park between the American Ambassadors residence and the Aras.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I've yet to hear of a traveller who stays in bed and does nothing. Unfortunately for us, a hell of a lot of them are very industrious. :mad::mad::mad:

You wouldnt understand, its a night time trade. So many unsafe tradesmens vehicles need to relieved of their trades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

I am fully supportive of a halting site in the Phoenix park between the American Ambassadors residence and the Aras.

That's a great idea, we're happy to show em off to the President of the USA at the Áras when we're pretending to be all progressive and stuff
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8530842/US-President-Barack-Obama-arrives-in-Ireland-to-celebrate-his-ancestral-roots.html?image=14

That's a great idea, we're happy to show em off to the President of the USA at the Áras when we're pretending to be all progressive and stuff
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8530842/US-President-Barack-Obama-arrives-in-Ireland-to-celebrate-his-ancestral-roots.html?image=14

If you liked that idea do you want to hear about my idea for an open air horse fair? It will be modeled on the one in Buttervant only on a grander scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

If you liked that idea do you want to hear about my idea for an open air horse fair? It will be modeled on the one in Buttervant only on a grander scale

Those people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near non-humans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Hard to believe that anyone who actually saw that film could say it was was good movie

it was at best like a 4th year film club project .

Nice that they named the film after the acting though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Hard to believe that anyone who actually saw that film could say it was was good movie

it was at best like a 4th year film club project .

Nice that they named the film after the acting though

Worth watching again with the subtitles on. They get so much wrong it would make even less sense to the non-Irish viewer...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement