Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot Value Aintree and Punchestown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Would give Sizing Codelco an e/w squeak at 100/1. Winner at Aintree last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

I think Finians Oscar has a bit to prove in the Novices' chase and think he will go very close today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My ew picks

2:20 Et Moi Alors ew
    4:05 Bear's Affair
    5:15 Buildmeupbuttercup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Renes girl
    Tea for two
    MTOY
    Wells de lune
    Gino trail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Renes girl
    Tea for two
    MTOY
    Wells de lune
    Gino trail

Good start for you. Lost out by picking modus myself. Alas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Created a new Aintree Day 1 gents - let Aidan have his thread back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Well done with bears affair, it looked like he might have it for a little while but a clear second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Bears affair got us out of jail today after a payout on a last place lucky 15 would have been huge.

4:05
    Clarcam is a horse I always thought had a big handicap in him. He seemed to love jumping the fences last year and I think the softer ground this year will really suit him. Last year’s race came at the end of a very long season and he is one of the freshest horses in the field this year with only 2 runs. He also has run well here a few times in the past. For and Elliot trained Russell Ridden horse with some course form 40/1 seems very big.
    2 Points EW 6 places lads 40/1 33/1 6 places paddy/sky/coral
    Rogue Angel really loved the national test last year and lead for a lot of the way, until he got tired late on. He is certainly on a workable mark here and is on his 3rd run after a 3 month break. If I had him after watching last year’s national I’d have to target him at another race over those fences. I’m going to gamble that today is the plan. The soft ground 2m5 might be a bit shorted than ideal but the soft ground will certainly be in his favour. If he gets near the front and jumps as well as he did last year he’ll be in the first 6 here.
    1 Point EW 33/1 6 places paddy/boyles 28/1 6 places sky/lads/coral

1:45
    Project Bluebook is a horse I’ve been keeping an eye on. He was a very good 6th in the Galway Hurdle this year and that race is about as competitive as its gets. He did get bogged down in the Betfair hurdle this year as well, but has looked as if a step up in trip would be an advantage to him. He is on a very nice mark here and I think he is worth a shot at 28/1
    1 Point EW 28/1 5 places paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

aidankkk wrote: »
    Project Bluebook is a horse I’ve been keeping an eye on. He was a very good 6th in the Galway Hurdle this year and that race is about as competitive as its gets. He did get bogged down in the Betfair hurdle this year as well, but has looked as if a step up in trip would be an advantage to him. He is on a very nice mark here and I think he is worth a shot at 28/1

Good call, a good 6th again unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Crossbar with that one 6th

Crossbar with that one 6th

That's the way it goes. Funny looking ride once win chance was gone all the same. Might give him a spin again at punchestown.

That's the way it goes. Funny looking ride once win chance was gone all the same. Might give him a spin again at punchestown.

Totally agree didn't seem over keen to win some place money in those silks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sky paid 6places 1/5 in the 1.45 for Project Bluebook (@29) but with R4, always worth whoring around for that additional place.

Sky paid 6places 1/5 in the 1.45 for Project Bluebook (@29) but with R4, always worth whoring around for that additional place.

I do whore around but unfortunately they were the only ones doing it so i wont put if up if its not available with a few bookies.

Clarcam get 6th?

Clarcam get 6th?

i Think we got nutted for 6th :-((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Yes, Clarcam 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ohhhh

i Think we got nutted for 6th :-((

Scratch that got paid ;-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nice one, cheers Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The four pointers return on both days, well done

The four pointers return on both days, well done

There is definitely a lesson in that.

Grand National
    Waiting for the bet365 offer has cost me on my main selection. Houblon Des Obeaux was a fair bit better than his 10th place finish last year having finished well to pass lot of horses after getting outpaced. He is unlikely to get outpaced as much here on the soft ground. He has a fair few good runs this year and if he gets around hell be finishing better than anything. Bet365 has 40/1 5 places and 33/1 6 places. I think with him it’s important to get the extra place, especially as the place part is free which essentially means it’s double the odds which makes him 66/1 with 6 places ¼ the odds and that is a cracking bet
    2.5 Points EW 33/1 ¼ 6 place Bet365. 5 Points 2.5 returned

Carlingford Lough is my second selection, he is a strong stayer and certainly goes on the ground, has enough class to get involved here at a huge price. He has had a light season but looks to retain a fair bit of ability when close enough in a very strong John Durkan earlier this year over a trip a long way short of his best. The way he runs his races could be well suited to this test and at 50/1 with the bet365 offer which makes him effectively 100/1 he looks great value.
    2 Points EW 50/1 5 places 365 offer costing 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Carlingford Lough is my second selection, he is a strong stayer and certainly goes on the ground, has enough class to get involved here at a huge price. He has had a light season but looks to retain a fair bit of ability when close enough in a very strong John Durkan earlier this year over a trip a long way short of his best. The way he runs his races could be well suited to this test and at 50/1 with the bet365 offer which makes him effectively 100/1 he looks great value.
    2 Points EW 50/1 5 places 365 offer costing 2 points

Certainly goes on the ground? Not as far as his record or his trainer says, but best of luck either way

Alpha Des Obeaux, has been good this year and has plenty of class for a race like this. He has run well above this mark a few times this year in grade 1s and given that he is over a stone better off with Total Recall for their limerick meeting I think he can get involved here at the price I was looking for. He has had a nice break to prepare for this and usually runs well of a break. 40/1 5 places with 365 is a great price given it’s really 80/1
    2 Points EW 40/1 5 places 365 costing 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Alpha Des Obeaux, has been good this year and has plenty of class for a race like this. He has run well above this mark a few times this year in grade 1s and given that he is over a stone better off with Total Recall for their limerick meeting I think he can get involved here at the price I was looking for. He has had a nice break to prepare for this and usually runs well of a break. 40/1 5 places with 365 is a great price given it’s really 80/1
    2 Points EW 40/1 5 places 365 costing 2 points
    Hey Aidan. What's that offer on 365 your speking of, is it a sign up bonus or how do you claim it?
    Cheers
    Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

I love following your threads Aidan, you're some man to pick them!
    I'm going to do the thing I hate most though and bash you, there's no way, for tipping/staking purposes you can include some free bet offer that bet365 are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I love following your threads Aidan, you're some man to pick them! I'm going to do the thing I hate most though and bash you, there's no way, for tipping/staking purposes you can include some free bet offer that bet365 are doing.

Surely staking is all about taking advantage of bookies offers?? This offer is one of the best racing offers you'll see all year!

Advertisement