Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot Value Aintree and Punchestown

Options
  • 09-04-2018 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Usual thing.

Just noticed that They have Brain Power Priced up as fav against Petit Mouchir. This will be a load up the wheelbarrow job if it stays like that. He beat him in Cheltenham only because of the way the race was run. Id have him long odds on against Brain Power. Fingers crossed they both get declared and the prices stay the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I guess they will both run over 2miles on the saturday now wont they and not the opener on Thursday now Footpad is out and he was due for the 2miler. PM fav for the 2m one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    I guess they will both run over 2miles on the saturday now wont they and not the opener on Thursday now Footpad is out and he was due for the 2miler. PM fav for the 2m one.

Ha must have been asleep . Had to be a catch .

Vision des flos a big price in the 2mile hurdle on the friday 10/1, back in trip after a great run for a long way in the Neptune. I think he will go off 9/2 or less, id take Global citizen on at 2/1 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Danny Kirwan in the bumper on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

kfallon wrote: »
    Danny Kirwan in the bumper on Saturday

Who is he on?

:D

• Advertisement

Vision des flos a big price in the 2mile hurdle on the friday 10/1, back in trip after a great run for a long way in the Neptune. I think he will go off 9/2 or less, id take Global citizen on at 2/1 atm.

Agree 100%
    All over this and probably worth a good e/w bet

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who is he on?

:D

He'll be hard on the bridle 1f out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My Tent Or Yours at 6's in the Aintree hurdle. Supasundae is far too short. I'm interested in the horses that have missed Cheltenham.

Johner wrote: »
    My Tent Or Yours at 6's in the Aintree hurdle. Supasundae is far too short. I'm interested in the horses that have missed Cheltenham.

Not worried about the ground?

kfallon wrote: »
    Not worried about the ground?

Not really unless a lot of rain comes. Which I suppose is possible but unless it's heavy ground I think he will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

The other one that could be of interest is impact factor. He has solid form against some good horses. This grade 1 has a grade 2 feel and at that standard he's a good ew chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I also think that a flat track would be right up black cordons street. I think he's a big price at 13/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I'm interested in the horses that have missed Cheltenham.

Any reason for the Cheltenham angle?

danganabu wrote: »
    Any reason for the Cheltenham angle?

I know its been nearly a month but say in the Juvenile I'd much rather back something like We Have A Dream who is going there fresh. The likes of Apple Shakira had a tough race in bad ground.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/grand-national-festival/seven-cheltenham-absentees-who-could-shine-at-aintree/326744

I know its been nearly a month but say in the Juvenile I'd much rather back something like We Have A Dream who is going there fresh. The likes of Apple Shakira had a tough race in bad ground.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/grand-national-festival/seven-cheltenham-absentees-who-could-shine-at-aintree/326744

I'm a stats man myself and it may suprise you, it certainly suprised me when I looked at it but 63% of Aintree festival winners over the last 10 years had their last run at the festival and thats from just 36% of the runners.

My natural inclination would have been the same as yourself but the figures say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Festival form is generally bomb proof. 1-2 home at the festival are the ones I focus on

BumperD wrote: »
    Festival form is generally bomb proof. 1-2 home at the festival are the ones I focus on

Bit more of a slog this year though and Aintree ground potentially softer than other years. Avoiding Cheltenham horses could be a good angle into races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Funnily I think the opposite re festival form
    In recent years we have seen Vautour beaten by Gods Own over 2m (ok not his distance) and Yorkhill beaten off the back of an imperious festival performance
    When an also ran like Gods Own beats one of the classiest chasers in a lifetime like vautour, u know the festival left its mark

Fairyhouse also showed that horses who hadn't run at the festival or those who hadn't ran hard were a step ahead

I love UDS, but I wont touch it at Punchestown
    Similarly, I couldnt back Might Bite tomorrow. That GC must have absolutely destroyed him.

At the end of the day, these are animals, not machines.

Vautour fell that day at Aintree though Roger, i’m sure he would have won if stood up.

Bit more of a slog this year though and Aintree ground potentially softer than other years. Avoiding Cheltenham horses could be a good angle into races.

Yeah I usually wouldn't avoid Cheltenham horses but I just think this year might be different because of how testing it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Agree here totally. Fairyhouse was proof enough of that and were only a week on from it. Aintree is looking heavy also even though I seen Good to Soft, soft in places.
    Won't be long changing the going after a race or 2 tomorrow.
    At most the runners of the first day of the festival might be OK but I'd be happy to look elsewhere .

Mr321 wrote: »
    Agree here totally. Fairyhouse was proof enough of that and were only a week on from it. Aintree is looking heavy also even though I seen Good to Soft, soft in places.
    Won't be long changing the going after a race or 2 tomorrow.
    At most the runners of the first day of the festival might be OK but I'd be happy to look elsewhere .

Was it? Withour going through the full results I thought there were a good few winners that came from Cheltenham - off the top of my head Getabird, UDS, Laurina and probably a few others that escape me.

Vautour fell that day at Aintree though Roger, i’m sure he would have won if stood up.

No Punchestown Moose, about 2 weeks later!
    He fell at Aintree when looking like he was gonna piss all over them, as WPM was trying to win the british trainers, then he ran in Ptown over the shorter distance 2m and was beaten by Gods Own! Gods Own like....

Cheltenham took its toll that day, I expect it will again this week and at Punchestown

My Tent 9/2 in the hurdle is a GREAT bet tomorrow
    Fresh as a daisy compared to Supasundae etc
    All over that

Will back might bite even tho I said I wouldn't, but only cos nothing in that race beats it, ever.....
    Definitely Red for the forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

danganabu wrote: »
    Was it? Withour going through the full results I thought there were a good few winners that came from Cheltenham - off the top of my head Getabird, UDS, Laurina and probably a few others that escape me.

Al Boomn was the only other but also but was a faller at Cheltenham, Getabird finished 9th. Laurina and UDS only had themselves to beat in their races at Fhouse at unbackable odds? (All 4 ran the first 2 days)
    Any other year id be definitely looking at the Cheltenham 1-3 home but think with the conditions this year it will have taken a lot more out of them.

Also, UDS was losing that race if both stood up

Mr321 wrote: »
    Al Boomn was the only other but also but was a faller at Cheltenham, Getabird finished 9th. Laurina and UDS only had themselves to beat in their races at Fhouse at unbackable odds? (All 4 ran the first 2 days)
    Any other year id be definitely looking at the Cheltenham 1-3 home but think with the conditions this year it will have taken a lot more out of them.

Yeah its certainly something to consider given the ground at the festival, but I dont think I would ever take a blanket approach of dismissing everything that ran in Cheltenham or on the other side blindly backing everything with festival form, take each race on its own merits but also just remember and ask hte question, why didnt the horse go to Cheltenham.

As it goes my fancy of the week for Aintree ran in Cheltenham and is currently a massive price for Aintree, undfortunately he currently holds three entries but as soon as his target is confirmed its a wheelbarrow job for me!

Also, UDS was losing that race if both stood up

You must give me a loan of that crystal ball must come in very handy for the in running betting :D Absolutely no way of telling how it woul dhave panned out, the faller looked to be travelling powerfully but Townend hadnt asked UDS for an effort at that stage and he is a horse that well find plenty when pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Aintree Day 1
    2:20
    If we can forgive Les Arceaux his poor run last time out at Gowran, his first 2 runs over hurdles make interesting reading. He was a close 2nd to Sayo (3rd in the Triumph) and also a close second to Veneer of Charm (Fred Winter Winner). He obviously has a fair bit to find here but 40/1 is simple to big to ignore when the Irish form is so much better than uk 4 yo form.
    1 Point EW 40/1 Paddy/Betfair
    2:50
    If Sub Lieutenant does improve form his run at Cheltenham, where he was back after a 3 month break he could get involved here. The Fav will be near impossible to beat here but I think some of the other horses are overrated. HE ran well enough here in the Melling last year and I just wouldn’t be surprises if he ran well above his price here.
    1 Point EW 40/1 Betfair Paddy
    4:05
    Bears Affair was a bit of an eye catcher in last year’s race and looks to have been kept for another go at this judging by his light season so far. He should be suited by this being a bigger test of stamina this year and given that this race is certainly not as strong as last year 25/1 with 4 places looks great value.
    2 Points ew 4 place’s Lads 25/1 22/1 4 places paddy and others
    4:40
    On the face of it, 12 years old is too old for a 2 mile handicap chase such as this one but older horses have a surprisingly good record in these top 2 miles handicaps. I’m going to give old favorite Savello a small chance at an outrageous price. He traveled well enough until a mistake last time out and has been given a huge chance by the handicapper here if he is able to recover any form. It’s a long time to keep him in training with a top trainer at this age after he was of the course for near 14 months.
    1 Point EW 50/1 paddy/betfair/lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

50c ew accum on all four for the craic. €989,858 potential return. Come on Aidan, we know you can do it.....

Advertisement