Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6 stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah they're pathetic...I think they offered me €80 for a perfect 3T

I'm very tempted by the OP6 but my days of changing phone every year are long gone.

Maybe this time next year I'll upgrade from the OP5 to the OP7 but I'll still be watching the reveal to see where the company are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭micks_address

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm very tempted by the OP6 but my days of changing phone every year are long gone.

Maybe this time next year I'll upgrade from the OP5 to the OP7 but I'll still be watching the reveal to see where the company are going.

I was a one plus fan. Had the 5 and 5t. Changed to Huawei p20 Pro. Camera is in different league altogether to one plus. Performance otherwise similar.. Main motivation was fee bose headphones with pre order. If I was to stick with one plus I'd wait for the t devices.. More refined product and only couple of months wait

I was a one plus fan. Had the 5 and 5t. Changed to Huawei p20 Pro. Camera is in different league altogether to one plus. Performance otherwise similar.. Main motivation was fee bose headphones with pre order. If I was to stick with one plus I'd wait for the t devices.. More refined product and only couple of months wait

I've bought 2xOPO, OP2, Ceramic OPX and a OP5. I've been very very happy with all the devices and anytime I've needed it the customer service has been excellent.

Camera isn't that high on my list of properties, I like specs so the the 128 and 8 GB swung it for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Max offered on a trade-in by One Plus is €280

Link
    OnePlus will announce the OnePlus 6 next week in London and the company has updated its trade-in program landing page in anticipation. Those who want to trade in their current OnePlus devices to get credit towards the upcoming OnePlus 6 will be able to begin the registration process now.

The bad news is that only European residents can participate in the trade-in program. The program is available for those markets in Europe that user either of the following three currencies: Euro, Swedish Krona, and British Pound. The max amount offered for a trade-in is €280 (about $330) depending on the model and trade-in condition.

Of course, the second step in the process is grayed out, since the phone isn't available to purchase yet.

Once you’ve signed up for the trade-in, you’ll receive a voucher that you can use towards the new OnePlus 6. Once received, transfer your data to the new device and send back your old one. Based on the wording of the website, it looks like you’ll still have to pay in full for the OnePlus 6 until your trade-in is processed.

Prepare to see a fleet of 3/5/5T's on adverts in the coming days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Should we have a second thread for the influx of referral links?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

How mean is that. You can double your money on ebay with the 5T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Pacifico wrote: »
    Should we have a second thread for the influx of referral links?!

Referral links? As in to purchase the device? As far as I know it'll be going on sale normally,no invites needed. If that's what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

bazzz wrote:
    Referral links? As in to purchase the device? As far as I know it'll be going on sale normally,no invites needed. If that's what you mean.

Free accessories worth 20 using invites....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Anyone heard anything on price? I'm in the market for a new phone but I fear the 6 will be above the price range I'm looking at.

• Advertisement

Will be somewhere between 500-550 for the base model and 600 for the 128GB (if they're keeping the same sizes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Everybody here loves OnePlus but what's the limit for that love ? €1k? €750?
    Personally I would pay €1k max. just for a Samsung or an iPhone.

559 for 64gb /6gb....609 for 128gb/8gb and 659 for 256 gb/8gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

lynvoh wrote: »

No chance I'd pay €750 for any phone. The additional style/performance/utility of the ultra expensive top end phones Vs the likes of the Nokia 7 plus or the M1 A1 even is marginal. I'd rather buy and lose four Mi A1's than one €750 phone!!

€600 is probably the most I'd pay for a phone and I'd be keeping it for two years at that.

When OP launched the price was extremely good and allowed me to upgrade every year. When the prices jumped with the launch of the OP5 I decided I wouldn't be upgrading every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

559 for 64gb /3gb....609 for 128gb/8gb and 659 for 256 gb/8gb.

Very highly doubt they'll be releasing a 3gb variant

Typo I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Personally wouldn't pay more than €400 for a phone these days. There's just too much quality phones nowadays for less than €300. Above this performance levels are minimal you're pretty much just paying for the brand name.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

It comes down to camera quality. Its still bad in low to mid range phones. The 5T has a bad camera. And I just returned a Nokia 7 plus because of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

sentient_6 wrote: »
    It comes down to camera quality. Its still bad in low to mid range phones. The 5T has a bad camera. And I just returned a Nokia 7 plus because of the same.

Please don't take this personally but I just don't get the importance of a camera. I have a OnePlus 5 and I can't believe how good the photo's (front facing and back) are and the video is at a standard that could only be found in top end camcorders just a few years ago.

I guess if you're a social media nut or photography is a big hobby then you want your phone's camera to be up there with the best in class but I'm guessing (and hope) that 95% of people buying a phone are not basing their choice or heavily influencing their choice based on the marginal difference between good and great camera performance.

I wouldn't base my choice of car on the quality of the radio / sound system!!!

I think I sound like an aul lad now :o

ianob7 wrote:
    Very highly doubt they'll be releasing a 3gb variant

ianob7 wrote:
    Typo I'm guessing

Yes i meant 6 gb ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Please don't take this personally but I just don't get the importance of a camera. I have a OnePlus 5 and I can't believe how good the photo's (front facing and back) are and the video is at a standard that could only be found in top end camcorders just a few years ago.

I guess if you're a social media nut or photography is a big hobby then you want your phone's camera to be up there with the best in class but I'm guessing (and hope) that 95% of people buying a phone are not basing their choice or heavily influencing their choice based on the marginal difference between good and great camera performance.

I agree, I remember paying silly money for the LG G4 cos it had the fastest 1.7 BSL lens out there and took stellar photos compared the competition, to me it simply was the gold standard of what defined a top notch cam. Fast forward a few years and my oneplus 5T simply blows the LG out of the water... Yes you can get better if you pay double as that's always the way but (for me at least) I think we have reached the point where most phone manufactures will be fine once your over the 400 euro mark and only pixel peepers would be able to tell the difference on most phone screens now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A thousand Euro for a phone! Holy s!!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

sentient_6 wrote: »

If you want decent pictures you need optical zoom and no phone has that so you always have a bad camera on a phone. The fact that companies are stating to push the crap camera on phones shows that they have reached the pinicle and are now scraping the barrel for features to sucker us with. The phone is handy because its in your pocket but don't think that it has a good camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

I couldn't agree more. I have an actual camera for the occasions that require it. I'm not one to take selfies, photos of my food or the child doing something though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you want decent pictures you need optical zoom and no phone has that so you always have a bad camera on a phone. The fact that companies are stating to push the crap camera on phones shows that they have reached the pinicle and are now scraping the barrel for features to sucker us with. The phone is handy because its in your pocket but don't think that it has a good camera.

Oneplus 5T owner here and I find the camera fantastic. I'm an amateur photographer myself and get some really good shots with it. I honestly don't get the hate for the 5/5T's camera. As for optical zoom, I would have to disagree, there's plenty of hugely expensive cameras which have fixed focal lengths. A fuji X100T/F is one example.

As for pricing, it does suck that OnePlus's price has increased every year, but so has everyone else. A Samsung S9 Plus is coming in at 1000 on amazon. So for comparable specs the the expected pricing of the 6 could be considered a good deal.

I can't deny just how good the low and mid-range space has become. There is serious value to be had with Nokia, and Xiaomi at all price points. It all depends on what you're after really.

Yeah the camera on the 5T is decent enough bar the annoying painting effect!

The AMOLED screens in the OP's are worth the price increase alone compared to the LCD panels in the cheaper brands...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Gone from OnePlus this year myself after more than 3 years a customer.
    Nail in the coffin: Price.

Gonna try the higher spec mid tier phones for a while now.

I can't wait to see what they release on Wednesday anyway, as I'll always be a huge tech fan, regardless of brand (unless you're Apple or Samsung :P).

Personally, I hope there isn't an ugly notch at the top of the screens. I find those things bafflingly awful :)

marcbrophy wrote: »

I can't wait to see what they release on Wednesday anyway, as I'll always be a huge tech fan, regardless of brand (unless you're Apple or Samsung :P).

Personally, I hope there isn't an ugly notch at the top of the screens. I find those things bafflingly awful :)

I really don't get the hate for the notch on phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

marcbrophy wrote:
    Personally, I hope there isn't an ugly notch at the top of the screens. I find those things bafflingly awful

Notch already been confirmed I'm afraid

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »

The notch is 100% confirmed...don't think it looks that bad!

Advertisement