Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Its WWE so they will use it in every promo sadly

And when he gets called up Michael Cole will shove the buzz words down our throats.

He loves to call everyone dummies Corey.

It’s Dummy time Corey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »
    And when he gets called up Michael Cole will shove the buzz words down our throats.

He loves to call everyone dummies Corey.

It’s Dummy time Corey.

When the debut happens it will be

"OH MA GOD"
    "COULD IT BE.......COULD IT BE"
    "YES, YES ITS NXT'S BIGGEST STAR LA KNIGHT"

When the debut happens it will be

"OH MA GOD"
    "COULD IT BE.......COULD IT BE"
    "YES, YES ITS NXT'S BIGGEST STAR LA KNIGHT"

I ended up watching the Rumbles this year and every time an NXT wrestler came out it was the same bollox they do for everyone on the main roster. For example

"IT'S TONI TIME!" "The rockstar of NXT, Toni Storm"

Really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I said before, it seems on the main roster all the women at least have nicknames. The Boss, Role Model, BOAT, Goddess, Empress, Queen. Is Lana still the Ravishing Russian now that she no longer has an accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NXT was enjoyable, very solid in teh ring.....even a pomo involving Nia Jax was decent (not because if her though).

Like how they remembered the history of Baszler and Kai. Simple and effective, and Kai is just going from strength to strength. Never gave her hope of much if Im honest when she turned heel, but she showed me. Now shes naturally showing babyface fire and shes just excelling.

Zoey Stark looked great. Made her a big deal from the off.

Enjoying Xia Li and her story..... its working for me despite it being a little OTT.

Swerve turning heel fully is a welcome sight and hopefully he can progress in NXT. Hes just so good but hasnt really done much yet.

Liking the UE implosion thus far. The faux outrage online regarding the O'Reilly stretcher job is just the worst. I personally liked it. Its nicely moving along after a strong six man.

Expected more of LA Knight than what we got. No complaints yet.

Kushida is just in limbo..... he deserves better. Tyler Rust....... Man I cant shake the fact that he looks like part Nick Jackson/part James Ellsworth in Jungle Boys attire. Puts me right off taking him seriously no matter how good he is.

Good numbers this week hopefully means the UE angle is popular. It really has freshened up the main event scene in NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That blonde hair backstage interviewer is something else. My god

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rick Steiner's son is in the new NXT signings.

Didnt think id like Cameron Grimes new direction but its growing on me, pure wrestle comedy. It should stay in NXT and not go onto the main roster

So many injury angles on NXT this week and last week with KOR

So its the end of the Undisputed Era even with a whole new range of merch coming out and Bobby Fish who has been seen or mentioned in weeks. Hard not to see Kyle returning in a few weeks and costing Cole the nxt title or something

Maybe Cole vs O Reilly vs Strong vs Balor for the title at the NXT Takeover around WM? Then Cole gets called up after WM?

Having UE implode without Bobby Fish just seems strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see Regal's son debuted in a losing effort on NXT UK. Very early days but I like the look of him; looks like a bollix like his oul lad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Pretty good show. The smoke and mirrors disguise Kross' limitations really well and his no DQ match was really good. Though WWE speak in hammering home that it's "all legal" like a million times during the match did make me wonder if I was going crazy and merely imagining it.

Enjoyed the show closing angle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Regal's son debuted in a losing effort on NXT UK. Very early days but I like the look of him; looks like a bollix like his oul lad. :pac:

I thought he looked a tad like a taller Daniel Bryan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One wee subtle thing I liked this week following on from last week was Killian Dane and Alexander Wolfe talking in the background when LA Knight was coming to the ring. If it was main roster, the commentators would've called it out. Here it was just happening without being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dakota Kai is tiny. I've just noticed this.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One wee subtle thing I liked this week following on from last week was Killian Dane and Alexander Wolfe talking in the background when LA Knight was coming to the ring. If it was main roster, the commentators would've called it out. Here it was just happening without being mentioned.

Well Imperium are European after all. Dane should kill Drake Maverick and join up with them

Not just that but both guys were in Sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 39,464 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Kay lee ray and Meiko Satomura just had a banger of a match on this weeks episode of NXT UK. I mean great stuff. NXT UK is down the pecking order in WWE but there has been some great matches recently.

Can we expect Ted DiBiase and/or Virgil to get involved with Cameron Grimes at some point? Seems to be going that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can we expect Ted DiBiase and/or Virgil to get involved with Cameron Grimes at some point? Seems to be going that way

Vigil has been trying anyway.

https://twitter.com/CGrimesWWE/status/1364974071436488710?s=20

That a photoshopped picture of himself? Looks like he stuck his head now on his body from back then.
    Maybe Cameron will get his own Virgil.
    Though I am liking how he's just messing everything up, like the basketball bit.
    He just needs to make himself a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

NXT getting women's tag titles of their own apparently.

Think it's kinda pointless. Is the roster deep enough for a division?

Finn vs Adam Cole NXT title match tonight

So will Kyle o Reily return and mistakenly cost Finn the title ?

J. Marston wrote: »
    NXT getting women's tag titles of their own apparently.

Think it's kinda pointless. Is the roster deep enough for a division?

That will be 16 titles across Raw, Smackdown and NXT. Far too much

I think it's the bloated roster that makes the title picture a bigger mess in WWE. There are far too many titles that don't feel important and what's worse there are too many people competing for them as well. It's brutal.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Finn vs Adam Cole NXT title match tonight

So will Kyle o Reily return and mistakenly cost Finn the title ?

Id say just a brawl between Cole/Balor/Strong/O Reilly to get the match DQ'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The main roster women's tag titles are wasted so hopefully nxt do a better job. At least they can use UK wrestlers in time to keep the division fresh

Kai and Raquel being crowned champions after a hard fought month only to lose it an hour later is possibly the most WWE thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Kai and Raquel being crowned champions after a hard fought month only to lose it an hour later is possibly the most WWE thing ever.

Agreed why not have a tournament or even have them retain and let raquel challenge for title also

Advertisement