Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy making a Holy Show on a Saturday

Options
  • 31-03-2018 7:15pm

As usual, nothing to report in terms of guests as Twitter and Entertainment.ie have nothing -so they're probably still out on Grafton st looking for interesting people to talk to.

Interesting(ish) fact, Ray mentioned on his radio show the other week that when interviewing one of the key players of netflix, he asked where does this leave the likes of RTE- they replied that they weren't in competition with LIVE TV.

So, there ya go- Ray Darcy show has no competition- we're stuck with what they throw at us:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,168 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Found it! :(:blush:

The Ray D'Arcy Show's guests for Saturday night have been announced, with the host set to focus on the subject of consent following the Belfast rape trial.

D'Arcy will be joined in studio by rape survivor Niamh Ní Dhomhnaill, Chief Executive of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre Noeline Blackwell and psychotherapist Richie Sadlier.

Following the success of the comedy series The Young Offenders, one of its stars, Shane Casey, will be in studio to talk about his a cappella cover of The Frank and Walters' Afterall, which has given the classic song a new lease of life. As a treat, The Frank and Walters will also be performing the song live.

Musical theatre star Rebecca Storm will also join D'Arcy to discuss her iconic roles and the new production of Calendar Girls, which sees her team-up with Take That's Gary Barlow.

Artist Kevin Sharkey will also be in studio to discuss his ambition to be Ireland's first black President.

The Ray D'Arcy Show, Saturday, RTÉ One, 9:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Can't beat some light hearted topics on a Saturday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

The Ray D'Arcy Show, Saturday, RTÉ One, 9:30pm

Thank Christ I'm going out, enough pints may help me forget my license fee pays for this crap.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Richie Sadlier was on the Second Captains podcast discussing the whole trial and the issue of consent, it was behind a paywall but they made it available for free due to demand, well worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains/bonus-episode-1124-the-belfast-rape-trial-sexual-consent-dressingroom-culture

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Traders is on RTE2 at 9.30 also, pretty decent, loosely based on a true story D...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Artist Kevin Sharkey will also be in studio to discuss his ambition to be Ireland's first black President.

What the actual fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not sure why he wants to be president of eire though. It's an apolitical role and last I heard he is looking to run on a political platform, with some very strong views on certain matters. He's no lefty!

I'm going to watch this just for Richie. Love him! He's also really sound :)

Berserker wrote: »

Not sure why he wants to be president of eire though. It's an apolitical role and last I heard he is looking to run on a political platform, with some very strong views on certain matters. He's no lefty!
    What would his brother Fergal make of all this?

Oh, and evening all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Richie Sadlier was on the Second Captains podcast discussing the whole trial and the issue of consent, it was behind a paywall but they made it available for free due to demand, well worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains/bonus-episode-1124-the-belfast-rape-trial-sexual-consent-dressingroom-culture

Best podcast going.

Although I still can't bring myself to watch this tonight.

Oh, Match of the Day, how I have missed you.

• Advertisement

I might find a way to cover part of the screen so I don't have to see D'arcy. Gawd he's an awful dose. It's a far cry from the days of Fix it Friday :D

M

Wonder will Ray give health warnings about consuming too much chocolate?

''Did ya have ya porridge, Mark?''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Great prize, you can now leaf through a book for 5 minutes rather than googling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sharkey. Total f***in attention seeker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"It's Saturday night and we're live on the telly" is the worst catchphrase ever.

M

It's a handy number being president.

''We want to help you make sense of the Belfast Rape trial.''

Saturday night entertainment, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

"It's Saturday night and we're live on the telly" is the worst catchphrase ever.

Its very 'Noels House Party'

Is that the job of the president in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Oooh, Raymond won't like this. :D

Will he sing 'The Banana Boat Song' tonight?

Daaaaaaaaaaay-ooh!

M

Too much sense now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Sure what would he know? He's from Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why do you want to be president?

"I want to represent the people and I want a petrol station named after me"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is he still homeless ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Crazy finish to the hurling on TG4.

Jesus Ray, Ireland can't even learn from it's own mistakes! Look at housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm going to stick with the boxing tonight I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cringe...

Advertisement