Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy making a Holy Show on a Saturday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Do these people realise that most people don't sit at a table with a pot of tea on the stove and agree to sign contracts expressly agreeing to consent?

I think they are talking a lot of sense so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Such an idiotic justice system that the defendents get named before the verdict is reached.

They aren’t in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ah, can we not turn this thread into a total debate thread about the trial. I only logged on to escape this toxic thread!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057856515&page=319

Jees, they're certainly definitive in that poll, even my aunt thought they were not guilty :eek::rolleyes:
    Berserker wrote: »
    Yep and a certain percentage of people seem to think that's enough to convict the 'he'. Crazy when you think about it.

Should be starting soon.

Can't find the box office channel on modbro, is that the only channel it's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Richie actually talks a lot of sense, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Irish people would consent to light entertainment TV on a Friday and Saturday night. I don't think we consented to this, and it would make one drink...

• Advertisement
    M

They aren’t in this country.

And thankfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,253 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rapes are more violent now?

So we had gentlemen rapists in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Richie actually talks a lot of sense, fair play to him.

He's very articlulate and sincere. Always had a lot of time for him.
    D'Arcy is just awful.

M

I don't understand how a man slaughtered with booze would be able to perform so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wonder will Tom and Kate need Ray's consent to have a bit of chocolate tomorrow

I am sorry, juvenile, but I need a break from the trial discussion right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I don't think this conversation suits this show. I don't mind these chats on the LLS but it doesn't fit in here
    At a guess, because last nights LLS was mostly pre-recorded, they went with Ray instead. So far it's been pretty good, Ray is letting them all talk which is something he has a tendency not to do at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I don't think this conversation suits this show. I don't mind these chats on the LLS but it doesn't fit in here

I always remember Ray on Today FM talking about the LLS. he would very lightly criticise the show but you always go the feel that he would love to helm the show. I have no doubt that he was promised a progression after a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It doesn't belong on any Friday or Saturday night chat show

They can have prime-time on 4 nights a week for this kind of thing!

Also, many elements of the LLS also scream an afternoon magazine show masquerading as a Friday night chat show!

Poor Ray having to explain himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

markodaly wrote: »
    Is 'toxic masculinity' at thing?

I definitely believe it is, yes. And I'd argue that it does men more harm than good. Does that mean that masculinity itself is inherently bad? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Jaysus has she 80s shoulder pads and glasses on? Is it a piss take?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Vorenus400 wrote: »

She didn't consent to the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I don't want to appear mean to this young lady but what is she saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I think Mario is just about to pull off the wig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Laois_Man wrote: »

Also, many elements of the LLS also scream an afternoon magazine show masquerading as a Friday night chat show!

The LLS is the longest surviving chat show anywhere. It's whole appeal is the mixture of comedy, showbiz, music, and serious topics.

I think it very much has been a success due to the dynamics in the terms of segments it has.

It isn't trying to be a Graham Norton Hollywood luvvie anecdote entertainment show, never has been for decades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

She didn't consent to the future

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I wonder will Tom and Kate need Ray's consent to have a bit of chocolate tomorrow

I am sorry, juvenile, but I need a break from the trial discussion right now

Ray's got no soul or backbone, he leaves that to Buzzkill aka BKD to do that :rolleyes:

The panel look like they were ready to laugh.

Laois_Man wrote: »

Sometimes PT conversations can be blink and you miss affairs.

M

Would you go back to someones house to watch Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

And it doesn’t suit Ray...constant interruptions & ‘yeah yeah’

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jesus Christ have people no cop on anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This is turgid rubbish

Advertisement