Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Good Friday 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Finbar mentioning The Corries..

This is going to be heresy but i prefer the other Celtic nations anthems to Our Soldiers' Song. Ours is good but i prefer Wales 'Land of Our Fathers' and Scotland's 'Flower of Scotland'.

Also i think we're stuck on The Fields of Athenry and Ole, Ole, Ole where the Welsh have so many great songs like Bread of Heaven, Calon Lan etc. We seriously need a few more songs for sporting occasions..and we have them on we're stuck on The Fields.

Mmf. Darn dust in my eye. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So was in the audience last week and as the parents are huge Home of the Year Fans and they were supposed to be on last week they were aggrieved that they didn't appear and are on this week. But are Maeve and Bob pre recorded or just Bob or did the Audience all have to go yesterday???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Billy Fury died in 1983, news to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Fury

polydactyl wrote: »
    So was in the audience last week and as the parents are huge Home of the Year Fans and they were supposed to be on last week they were aggrieved that they didn't appear and are on this week. But are Maeve and Bob pre recorded or just Bob or did the Audience all have to go yesterday???

It's all pre-recorded

All of it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

polydactyl wrote: »

Only Maeve and Bob are pre-recorded AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When is the Late Late Show Death Metal Music Special?

Oh, man there is so much scope there

Another Welsh anthem for you, NAGDEFI... :D

mzungu wrote: »
    Sounds like the opening line to a blues song!

I sold my banjo,
    It was hard.
    That light crisp wafer center, always made me guard;
    My lunchbox in school.
    Especially when I opened, the roast nut flavor version, to make me, super cool.

Skid X wrote: »
    The Red Cow and The Spa Lucan have regular country nights.

Whatever that tells you!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dobo got shafted with the early morning radio gig did he not? It's a bloody horror slot to work.

• Advertisement

My eyes are just very sweaty right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Lovin Dobbo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Ah sure that takes some of the magic out of it so :) They are currently watching only to compare the give aways to last weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Apart from being great songs, Welsh songs are sung for Welsh teams or Welsh occasions.

The Fields is sung by Munster rugby, Celtic, Connacht, Ireland and the worst bastardisation.. 'Low Lie The Fields of Liverpool' FFS!! When a song is sung by so many diverse groups it means nothing to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just on Dave Allan, i was never a major fan of his sketches. But it's his stand up stuff that i adore.

The one about the bishops shoes is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

That was in no way fun

''Will your wife Anita be returning to Eastenders?''

M

Transition Year was the biggest waste of time in my life.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Whatever that tells you!

Heh, I do a bit on the darkside, ahem. I try to stay down with the kids and keep an eye on whatever's popular, you know :pac:

Don't want to end up like the guy from Decca Records who said "Frankly Mr Epstein, Guitar Music has had its day ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Ah here's the obligatory Irish TV star turn

• Advertisement

#DobboForever

#CaitrionaPerryNever

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Apart from being great songs, Welsh songs are sung for Welsh teams or Welsh occasions.

The Fields is sung by Munster rugby, Celtic, Connacht, Ireland and the worst bastardisation.. 'Low Lie The Fields of Liverpool' FFS!! When a song is sung by so many diverse groups it means nothing to anyone.

I've never understood this.

Isn't Athenry in Galway? Why do Muster fans sing it?

Better than that stomach churning Toreador song effort I saw some of them singing once, I suppose.

Dobbo is a nice, pleasant, likeable man:)

Remember Dobbo used to have politicians and that on the Six One news the odd time?

Better'n LLS interviews, they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Dobo got shafted with the early morning radio gig did he not? It's a bloody horror slot to work.

I'm fairly sure he would have made that decision himself. He's very good on Morning Ireland, infinitely better than Cathal Mac Coille.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I'm sure this one would have fitted in well with the billy boys by the sound of him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Tubbs's face of faux concern....... :rolleyes:

M

I'm fairly sure he would have made that decision himself. He's very good on Morning Ireland, infinitely better than Cathal Mac Coille.

Hopefully he did.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I've never understood this.

Isn't Athenry in Galway? Why do Muster fans sing it?

Better than that stomach churning Toreador song effort I saw some of them singing once, I suppose.

True. Why not Shannon's 'There Is An Isle' or many other songs. I know they sing 'Stand Up And Fight' but that's like a children's rhyme, don't like it at all..

• Advertisement

I think Dobbo should run for President, it would really really really piss off Miriam O'Callaghan.

Advertisement