Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Foreign Policy Megamix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Gatling wrote: »
    No NATO won't be fighting russia ,this is a localised situation brought to the fore by the russians it's another landgrab

The way things are right now doesn't be surprised if Nato intervenes in some way if a conflict does happen. Ukraine is not now backed by Nato since the invasion of Crimea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭josip

Reports nothing confirmed more Ukrainian warships are heading to the Kerchstrait. If this does happen we could be looking at a Nato- Russian war potentially.

The other 3 ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

igCorcaigh wrote: »

They also had a previous non aggression and friendship treaty that Putin happily tore up and invaded and annexed Crimea and illegally occupy parts of East Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

6f46t3.jpg

Lots of ships in the area

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    The other 3 ?

Ukraine's Navy says Russia captured three Ukrainian boats—two armored Gyurza-M class artillery boats, and one raiding tug.

Maybe they have a few more I don't know maybe it just a rumour.

Anyways its major incident to capture three military vessels and kill some of the people onboard.

This most the first time both sides have admitted to openly engaged each other. Russia has always denied involvement in the East Donetsk conflict.

[Anyways its major incident to capture three military vessels and kill some of the people onboard.

This most the first time both side. Russia has always denied involvement in the East Donetsk conflict.

Unfortunately we and the world know russia has always lied about their invasion occupation and illegal annexation of parts of sovereign Ukraine

Unfortunately we and the world know russia has always lied about their invasion occupation and illegal annexation of parts of sovereign Ukraine

That's false they supported the rebels in their war against Ukraine. How can there be an invasion occupation?

That's false

That's fact .

Nothing false about it , actually the UN publicly stated Crimea and parts of East Ukraine are under military occupation,

No amount of alternative history ,,swings , deflection or made up stories will change that

That's fact .

Nothing false about it , actually the UN publicly stated Crimea and parts of East Ukraine are under military occupation,

No amount of alternative history ,,swings , deflection or made up stories will change that

According to you. It was a civil war between two Ukranian sides with different loyalties.

Russian intervened on the rebel side, but it's nonsense to claim they intervened in a time of peace.

Learn about what happened.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

According to you. It was a civil war between two Ukranian sides with different loyalties.

Russian intervened on the rebel side, but it's nonsense to claim they intervened in a time of peace.

Learn about what happened.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbass

Russia caused the civil unrest with its placement of undercover military agents in Ukraine.
    Then, as you so nicely put it ‘intervened’

According to you.

It was an invasion and ongoing illegal occupation of a sovereign state by Russia,

I know the facts,
    I've been posting for well over 4 years on the subject,

Wikipedia or sputnik won't change the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So, Russia is claiming that Ukrainian vessels entered Russian waters. Is this true? Is it illegal?

Are you serious - asking if a Russian 'claim' is true? :confused:

Russia caused the civil unrest with its placement of undercover military agents in Ukraine.
    Then, as you so nicely put it ‘intervened’

False the civil unrest started when neo-nazis removed the Ukraine president from power.

Russia did not cause any civil unrest.

It was an invasion and ongoing illegal occupation of a sovereign state by Russia,

I know the facts,
    I've been posting for well over 4 years on the subject,

Wikipedia or sputnik won't change the facts

Another false narrative as Russia navy was based in Crimea under a special agreement with the Ukranian government.

False the civil unrest started .

Stop .

The unrest started when a Putin puppet decided to go against the people of Ukraine's wishes who wanted closer ties with Europe ,
    Russia decided to stop that ,
    With the invasion and ongoing illegal occupation of Crimea and east Ukraine these are all documented historical facts .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Stop .

The unrest started when a Putin puppet decided to go against the people of Ukraine's wishes who wanted closer ties with Europe ,
    With the invasion and ongoing illegal occupation of Crimea and east Ukraine these are all documented historical facts .

Was there a general election in Ukraine to see if they wanted closer ties to Europe? I must of missed that one.

Stop .

False again.

Learn about the history of Crimea.

Crimea's autonomous status was re-affirmed in 1996 with the ratification of Ukraine's current constitution, which designated Crimea as the "Autonomous Republic of Crimea", but also an "inseparable constituent part of Ukraine".[24]

The Ukranians recognised Crimea as different to rest of the country.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was there a general election in Ukraine to see if they wanted closer ties to Europe? I must of missed that one.

The country was divided. Gatling is trying to convince people on here the Crimean people wanted to remain in Ukraine and join Europe. He doesn't know the facts and he ignore 65 per cent of the Crimean population identify themselves as Russian not Ukranian

False again

The Ukranians recognised Crimea as different to rest of the country.

But it was still Ukraine it had a certain amount of autonomy but not a separate state ,

Hence the illegal occupation and occupation by Russia,

You cannot change the facts full stop this isn't some conspiracy theories you can make it up as you go along.

It's all historical facts

• Advertisement

But it was still Ukraine it had a certain amount of autonomy but not a separate state ,

Hence the illegal occupation and occupation by Russia,

You cannot change the facts full stop this isn't some conspiracy theories you can make it up as you go along.

It's all historical facts

Crimea was always part of Russia. Before that belonged to the Turks.

You do not realise Ukraine only became a state in the 90's after the Soviet Union collapsed? Crimea was allowed to remain part of Ukraine as long as the people wishes were respected. That changed in 2004 when neo-nazis overthrew the elected president who by the way won a democratic election.

It neo-nazis element Russians in Crimea feared not the protestors who wanted real change.

NSDC council. Poroshenko says he will support proposal on introduction of martial law to conduct defensive actions, motion to be submitted tomorrow. Full mobilization not envisioned, plans to draw on reserves. Calls upon MPs to convene to emergency Rada session today.

President at NSDC: I have to support the decision to impose "state of war", urging MPs of Rada to gather tomorrow vote for the decision

Jesus they go to war what will that look like? What will the West do?

The Russian Embassy in Kiev apparently has got attacked by smoke and flares. Some fires reported on twitter Thankfully no shots fired.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The country was divided. Gatling is trying to convince people on here the Crimean people wanted to remain in Ukraine and join Europe. He doesn't know the facts and he ignore 65 per cent of the Crimean population identify themselves as Russian not Ukranian

Enough of the personal digs.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

With Trump as Russian asset in the Whitehouse I fear that this de facto act of war against Ukraine is the end game in Russia's use of Trump. Trump's attack on NATO/EU yesterday was not a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

demfad wrote: »
    With Trump as Russian asset in the Whitehouse I fear that this de facto act of war against Ukraine is the end game in Russia's use of Trump. Trump's attack on NATO/EU yesterday was not a coincidence.

Yeah, that came somewhat out of left field. He wasn't at an international summit and I don't think Fox were on about it so he may have been informed of the actions by his staff.

Only a united West can stop Russia and unfortunately, we don't have that right now.

Russia will continue to provoke Ukraine and if Ukraine responds, they'll get the Georgia treatment and the ongoing invasion in the east will escalate to a complete annexation of the region. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Gringo180 wrote: »

Yes. And Yanukovitz won based on this. He then reversed this agreed position and tried to switch allegiance to Russia. It was clear for a long time that he was compromised and a Russian asset. The people took matters in to their own hands. Yanukovitz was implicated in massive money laundering with criminal Paul Manafort in Ukraine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement

Poroshenko: we have serious grounds to believe Russia is ready to follow with the ground attack. I have evidence collected by our intelligence. This time Russia is not hiding, blatantly attacking Ukraine

If this is true why can the west do to stop it? There no possible way we defeat Russian militarily.

Advertisement